Siam @ Siam Design Hotel & Spa

Siam@Siam Design Hotel & Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Quirky, different, but terrific

Stayed for a week in November 2010. Quirky boutique hotel. After staying in numerous 5 Star hotels over the years in Bangkok, we found this to be right up there with the best. It's compact with everything you need, great bars, good infinity pool, terrific 25th floor rooftop bar, good bands. Rooms were great, everything about the hotel was terrific. Definitely will stay there in future on our annual trips. I organised a game of golf some 30 kilometres outside of Bangkok, Spot on 5.30am. there was a driver and car waiting for me. Very helpful, polite and friendly staff. For my wife the MBK centre was about 250 metres walking distance. I highly recommend this quirky hotel. Terrific

Unique Quality: Great nightime views from the rooftop bar.

Directions: near the MBK Shopping mall. Very convenient to the Skytrain. National Stadium lonk.

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Fantastic value for money!

I first stayed here just after it opened in 2007 and I have stayed on several occasions since then. I picked it mainly because of it's location but since then my return visits are based upon the high standards of service and the quality of the rooms. The rooms are well designed and maintained to a high standard, I really like the decor which is very different from the usual "run of the mill" fare that you often get.

The hotel has a sun terrace and infinity pool on the 11th floor, a very pleasant area to enjoy a couple of hours.

The bar on the ground floor is a good place to have a drink before hitting the town. This is also where the breakfast buffet is on a morning. The buffet is excellent with a vast array of dishes to choose from all of a very high standard.

The first time, I booked to stay here, I booked via the hotel's own web-site and got an excellent deal. On subsequent visits, I have found the rates on their own web-site to be very high compared to booking through asiarooms.com

Unique Quality: - Location - very close to sky train; 5 minutes walk to MBK shopping complex, Siam Square, Siam Centre and Siam Discovery
    - High quality rooms
    - Spa
    - Decor (I love the car near the concierges desk!)
    - Infinity pool with good views of this area of the city
    - High standards of service
    - Free wi-fi

Directions: Opposite the National Stadium on Rama 1 Road.

Take skytrain to "National Stadium" station

• Vita500's Profile Photo

Best value-for-money I have ever experienced!!!

The Siam @ Siam had its grand opening in March 2007.
    After reading lots of positive reviews on tripadvisor.com, I booked the hotel via Asiarooms.com for a 5-night-stay with my fiancee and was surprised about all the amazing amenities for the comparably cheap rate that we paid (67 Euro/night).

Let me tell you that much: The hotel is amazing and, so far, the best value-for-money I have ever experienced!!!

Another nice touch:
    After check-out, we had another 5 hours to kill before we needed to leave for the airport. Thanks to the hotel's SPA on the 10th floor, we could relax and enjoy another couple of hours alongside and inside the hotel pool, take a shower at the SPA, change our clothes and pick up our luggage at the Concierge without having to worry about anything. Great!

Unique Quality: -
    As a Design hotel, the Siam @ Siam has a lot of nice chracteristics:

PROS
    - Outstanding, modern design (not everybody might like it but we loved it!)
    - Great location (3 minutes to BTS, 7 minutes to MBK shopping mall)
    - Very helpful and polite staff
    - Free breakfast buffet with a good selection of foods and drinks
    - Fancy rooms* with private safety deposit box, air-con, mini bar, hair dryer, bathrobes, slippers, toothbrush, shower gel, conditioning shampoo and even an umbrella for the rainy days
    - Gorgeous infinity pool on the 11th floor
    - Free Internet on the lobby level (11/F.)
    - The SPA on the 10th floor offers great services

CONS
    Considering the location, amenities and room rate, there really isn't anything to complain about. However, for the picky people out there, I noticed two things:

- The air-con is a little bit too audible for a new hotel, so if you're a very light sleeper, you might want to switch it off before heading for dreamland.
    - The rooms on the western side of the building are prone to the street noise from outside. Try to request a room on the eastern side.

Again, considering the services provided, room amenities and comparably low rates, the Siam @ Siam is great value-for-money which can be HIGHLY recommended to every traveler coming to Bangkok.

* we stayed in the Leisure Class room

Directions: It's a mere 3-minute walk from the BTS (skytrain) station 'National Stadium' and a 7-minute walk from the MBK shopping center.
    Make sure to print out the address in Thai before your departure as taxi drivers wouldn't find it otherwise.

More about Siam @ Siam Design Hotel & Spa

Second Photo: Cameramans
Third Photo: The screen
Fourth Photo: Live music in Siam
Fifth Photo: Live music in Siam Anything

Best value-for-money I ever experienced!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Vita500

Over the past few years I did travel a lot and experienced numerous 3- to 5-star hotels. Let me tell you: the Siam @ Siam is the BEST value-for-money I have ever experienced.
I booked the hotel via Asiarooms.com for a 5-night-stay with my fiancee and was surprised about all the amazing amenities for the comparably cheap rate that we paid.

PROS
- Outstanding, modern design (not everybody might like it but we loved it!)
- Great location (3 minutes to BTS, 7 minutes to MBK shopping mall)
- Very helpful and polite staff
- Free breakfast buffet with a good selection of foods and drinks
- Gorgeous pool on the 11th floor
- Free Internet on the lobby level (11/F.)
- The SPA on the 10th floor offers great services (though with typical hotel prices)

CONS
Considering the room rate, there really isn't anything to complain about. However, for the picky people out there, I noticed two things:
- The air-con is a little bit too audible for a new hotel (Grand opening was in March 2007)

* we stayed in the Leisure Class room

Totally Funky

by TripAdvisor Member Melbourneguy

I recently had a 4 night stay at the Siam@Siam Design Hotel. I selected it for various reasons, one being location, but more importantly there were 3 of us and they offer triple rooms with 3 beds, no rollaway required.

Your first impression is that its is ultra funky. There is much attention to detail with the decor which I would describe as industrial. Some features are totally over the top, but its in keeping with what the hotel is about.

The lobby is located on the 11th floor, huge windows offer panoramic views of the Bangkok skyline. Also on this level is the bar (great happy hour at 7.30pm), an internet lounge (free) and the infinity edged swimming pool.

Our room was huge, the industrial theme continues with polished concrete floors and walls. Moorish colours of purple and orange are used to break what could be a cold, cave like interior. My only criticism is the lack of lighting. The emphasis has been on mood lights which whilst creating a delightful atmospheric glow, are not practical.

On ground level is the Party House, a 2 in 1 concept. Its a restaurant and bar (live music). Breakfast is served here and is quite good with a good mix of foods on offer.

Location wise its perfect - a 5 minute walk to the National Stadium Skytrain Station.

This hotel is perfect for those who like something a tad different, something with oomph. If you like traditional hotels then this is not the spot for you. I for one would return without question.

Terrific Hotel - great location in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member gribbsfam

My husband and I (Aussies) stayed at the Siam@Siam Design Hotel & Spa from 2-12 November, 2007. After reading Tripadvisor reviews, I felt we were on the right track for a good hotel. I was not disappointed. It was exactly as previous reviews. Great boutique-style hotel (yes, lots of dark colours and cement abound). There are 4 non-smoking floors of the 25 levels of the building. The lower floors are obviously business offices because the ground floor has the evening club and breakfast room, together with the concierge and tour company (but - try the TAT agents who are located near the main train station as they are cheaper in price. Give the Floating Markets/Rose Gardens tour a big miss - a real rip off with added expenses for hiring a boat to travel the canals and then to see the Cobra -snake- show... Yuk! And, the tour company wanted to drag us through a Gem Factory which was not illustrated on the brochure. I never did get to see the Rose Gardens.) The lobby is on the 13th floor, with the infinity pool (which is very chilly all day long!)and another bar area (happy hour is 5-7pm. And again, true to reviews, the step into the bath/shower is a high flyer!!! My husband and I are both tall and we found it a challenge, but you can sit on the bath edge and slide around into the bath. The staff were all friendly. (I actually rang a few days before our stay and requested a king bed/non-smoking room, which we were granted!) The location of the Siam is great - central to MBK shopping centre and located at the National Stadium Skytrain station. There were always taxis and tuk-tuk abounding outside the hotel. Despite the 'dubious' smells emitting from the alleyways, I felt it was a safe area to be in. And, an added bonus was the Jim Thompson house/museum was about a block away (if you get a chance, take a look at where this silk entrepeneur lived and how he encouraged the world to see the wonders of silk. You can get books on the house and JT's mysterious disappearce in 1961 -as per his horoscope. ) Chatuchuk weekend markets are huge and hot and smelly - typical of Bangkok. Watch out for pick pockets in crowded markets/venues! If you are a 'normal and above size in clothing - forget buying fashion off the rack! They usually only carry Asian sizing. (Take long sleeve top/pants that cover your knees for those visits to temples/palaces,etc.) I don't take travellers cheques o/seas any more. Just took my 2 credit cards and cash (I travel a bit, so took different currencies which were converted to BHT, not worries) I convert ed this foreign currency into baht at the currency exchanges which are located everywhere. Shoes for women can go up to size 38 - 40 (european sizing). Make sure you see Jim Thompson's house/museum. JT was the gent who got the world interested in silk fabrics back in the 1950's and who mysteriously disappeared as per his horoscope - in 1961.

Thank you to the Siam@Siam hotel.... we will be back.

GoodLlocation, Terrible Staff.

by TripAdvisor Member kuro

I would recommend staying elsewhere, where at the same price (or cheaper!) you could get the same location and better service. The staff are rude to say the least and they spoil what would have otherwise be a nice hotel.

Upon arrival (literally through the glass doors) our passports were demanded to be produced by the bellhop of all people.

After surrendering them and a credit card as well, we were made to wait while the attendant took a personal call on his mobile. We were then put through a long rigmoral of filling out details that were already available on our passports, which they took 10 minutes to return to us.

Our credit card was then pre-charged in case we felt the desire to pay triple the price for a beer (not unusual, but handled in a rude and antagonistic manner), and we were pointed to the elevator and had to make our way to the room ourselves.

When our luggage finally arrived, the bellhop left our luggage on the trolley while chatting away on a walkie talkie and left it up to us to transport the luggage into our room ourselves.

Neither my spouse nor I have ever come across such terrible service. I have been treated better in backpacker hostels, let alone hotels proclaiming to be 4-5 stars!

Nice hotel, great location, but that's about it

by TripAdvisor Member AnatD

After reading the review at the trip advisor, I expected the Siam@Siam to be a little more than I found.

Althought I was upgraded to the excutive floor, since there was no room available at he class that I ordered, the room was quite small.
The location was very good. just next to the MBK shopping mall.
The staff was not that great, they woke me up a day before I should have checked out arguing with me that it is my last day, I had to prove to them that my reservation is until the next day - no apology or anything.

All and all it was fine. But I think next time I am in BKK, I will look for a better alternative.

Siam, Siam

by inuit

Thailand is the gate to the far east for many travelers. It was also for me. You can find many things there - from green lush tropical forests in the north to the emerald shores in the south, from the busy noisy streets of Bangkok to the quiet and calm inside a temple or a monestry. Some will find it too touristic or commercial but I think that you can still find there places un touched by industrial tourism of Pattaya or Phuket. I took this photo during few days trekking in the hills and forests north of Chang Mai. This two girsl came out to meet the stranger and just posed as two good girl friends. Siam and Siam...

Siam at Siam Design Hotel and Spa

by Isabelllla

Any recent reviews?
Pls share if possible.
Thanks

Re: Siam at Siam Design Hotel and Spa

by yvr

Check the following website for reviews of hotels by pasts guests. www.tripadvisor.com

Re: Siam at Siam Design Hotel and Spa

by xuessium

HI!

Check out the review on "Siam @ Siam" by fellow VTer, Vita500.

Comments