Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, 10110, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand

Future ParkFuture Park

Street shopping in BangkokStreet shopping in Bangkok

would like to try a reputable Thai Massage in Bangkok

by findmeis

Can anyone introduce and recommend where I can get a reputable and affordable authentic Thai Massage and Herbal Deep Heat treatment in Bangkok please? Thanks so much :)

by alza

Hi!
The Mandarin Oriental "Oriental Spa" has massage and herbal treatment. All highest quality.
The Plaza Athénée "Le Spa Athénée" offer similar service, including "Energising Thai Massage".

Those two and another address I lost were recommended to me by a woman sitting beside me on my flight to Bangkok. She was a professional model, from Bangkok, and she knew her city extremely well.

She mentioned that most good hotels and beauty salons provide massages, added that you could form your own opinion by checking the place out before lying down. I chose to have a massage at my hotel (mid-range), in the beauty salon while I got my hair done.
It was very gently done, herb-scented oils, wrapping in heat, etc., by extremely nice young woman. I warned her about my leg circulation problems and she assured me that Thai massage was too gentle to harm me.
It didn't hurt during the massage. Unfortunately, I was bruised all over my legs and it worsened for a week after the massage.

Most people tell me they never had a problem with massages in Thailand and I believe them. I'm just not a good subject for them. Check out the hotels I mentioned on the web, a massage in either place must be like a day in heaven!
Many less expensive, good hotels, will offer excellent services too.

enjoy your trip!

by findmeis

Hi, thanks for sharing your experiences. I've had thai massage before but I thought while in Bangkok I would like to try it firsthand from a certified Thai therapist:)

thanks again,
Meisie

by laurentiukendo21

I haven't been to Bangkok yet, but I've been to many other simliar countries and cities where I've had such massages. A tour guide from http://www.localguiding.com/ recommended me the massager, you can take a look there.

by snailmail

i went to wat po (the reclining budha temple) and found the thai massage centre there is highly recommended. later i just knew that thai massage was firstly learned at wat po some hundred years ago.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Quick Trips

by ratherton

We had a 9 hour wait in Bangkok between our flights so we found a great deal from the local travel desk at the airport. For 3300,- we got a hotel room so we could leave our luggage and grab a shower. Next we had a private car and guide to take us to a couple of temples in Bangkok. The price also included transfers from the airport to the hotel and back again.

We were taken to 2 temples, the first was Temple of Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) and second was the Marble Temple (Wat Benjamabophit). See my separate tips for the temples. This is definitely a better option than sitting around in the airport for hours.

Asia trip route

by bulldogtwo

You are correct, you have way too many stops in the amount of days that you are in Asia. You are also correct in planning travel days as down time, at best you could squeeze in a quarter day of sight seeing depending on the destination. Also Luang Prabang (VT'ers, please correct me if I am wrong on this but you are looking at two days minimum to get there)
From the countries and cities that you list, my suggestion would be to do Thailand, Bangkok and Chiang Mai, then Vietnam and all the cities that you have listed. You could also do Hong Kong or Singapore on the way into Asia, (don't know where you are from!) or on the way out of Asia. I pick Thailand and Vietnam because you have the most cities in-country that you want to see and travel time should be easier, domestic travel usually faster than international. This would leave you travel time, day between cities/countries, 2-3 days in each to explore and sightsee and not be too rushed. If you plan on trying to pack too much into the trip you normally end up being too rushed, worrying about your next destination and the trip to and from and not enjoying the trip, not to mention usually missing the "must see" sights that you should be seeing that make up the city or country. All you see is another city, not what it is made up of and the culture. With your scaled down schedule, you will be busy enough trying to see everything as it is. You'll be busy enough!
This is a schedule where you'll need a couple days off to rest "before" you head back to work just to rest/recover form the trip!
Another thing, if you've never been to Asia before, it's a place that you either hate or love, most love it and in which case you'll be back. Slow down and enjoy it while you are there, that's the rhythm of Asia anyway! It's great!
Have fun!

Chinese Temple

by herzog63

There are many Chinese Temples in Bangkok as well as Thai Wats and other religous buildings. This dragon is found on top of the Chinese Temple near Taksin Bridge. The grounds are quite cool even during the middle of the day. It must be because it is near the river and a small breeze is almost always blowing through. Inside you can find many Chinese men playing Chess and checkers. I'm sure you'd be welcome to play a game. They greeted my son and I as we passed by.

Golden offers

by SirRichard

In many temples you will see seated golden statues covered all over with little golden shhets. These sheets can be bought at the entrance of the temple and be offered to the statues that represent old holy monks.
They put the golden sheets over the statues, covering them all over with gold...

elecrical sockets

by markjunior

i would advise spending money on a good adapter with both straight and round pins for your gadgets.lots of hotels have old sockets that tend to spark and sizzle at times,wouldnt advise leaving anything plugged in if you leave the room.

Comments