The Paragon Inn

222 Moo. 15 Soi Latkrabang 22 Latkrabang Rd., Rachathewa Bangplee Samuthprakarn, Bangkok, 10540, Tha
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Bangkok

Entrance to Siam Ocean WorldEntrance to Siam Ocean World

SeatingsSeatings

THE HUGE KINGS BRIDGE..RAMA VIII BRIDGETHE HUGE KINGS BRIDGE..RAMA VIII BRIDGE

BTS Skytrain Ploen Chit StationBTS Skytrain Ploen Chit Station

cheapest room in Khaosan

by vieviengan

I was thinking to get a cheapest room just to put my luggage while I go to Jatujak and I will be flying back on the same day it self , I wouldnt want to pay the full room for just putting my luggage . I wanted a room its because when I get back from jatujak I still can rest and take a bath before heading to the airport

by mma1234

Hi,

I have never seen rooms cheaper than in "Green House"!

Have a look, hope you like the rooms!

Ciao!

by mma1234

Forgot to mention choose room with hot shower!

by SirHalberd

How much do you want to spend on a room? There are other areas in Bangkok that also have hotels at low prices like the Khao San Road area. Other areas allow you to use the Skytrain to get to Chatuchak WEEKEND Market. By the way, unless it is a Saturday or Sunday you have less to pick over at Chatuchak! MBK might be a good back up. Or, you can stay in Pratunam and wander around the street vendors in that area. You can also check your bags in at the airport in the Left Luggage Counter.

There are some hotels on this link in KSR area:

There is a room for women at this place and you can walk to the Skytrain stop. Skytrain can take you to MBK and Chatuchak.

If you are using meter taxis to get around this place is pretty cheap too!

Good luck.

by vieviengan

Ya , thanks I think Green House its really cheap .....I think I will go for a try then ..

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Bangkok in the rainy season.

by SWFC_Fan

I visited Bangkok in September 2007. My guidebook suggested that my visit would coincide with one of the wettest months of the year. The highest peak on my guidebook's rainfall chart was in September and below the chart was a warning that parts of the city can be flooded after torrential rain in September and October.

The online weather forecasts painted a similarly wet picture. For a few weeks prior to my departure I checked the 10 day forecasts on a number of weather websites. Without exception, they contained little cloud and lightning icons and predicted "scattered thunderstorms". Every day, every week.

So, it's fair to say that I expected to get a bit wet during my week long stay in Bangkok, and I even wondered if I should pack a light coat.

The reality however was very different. During my week in the city, I saw it rain for a grand total of 10 minutes! My first 5 days were a mixture of bright sunshine, light cloud cover and, at times, dark overcast skies. But no rain. Then, on Friday night, I felt a raindrop, then another and a few more. It rained lightly for 10 minutes or so and then stopped.

On a few occasions, I awoke in the night and thought I could see flashes of lightning outside. But each morning the roads were dry and there was no sign of any overnight rainfall.

So, when visiting Bangkok in the rainy season....don't assume that rain is guaranteed (even if all the weather forecasts tell you that it is!)

First Sale

by Blatherwick

I'm walking down near Khaosan Road and I figure that I'm in desperate need of sandals. I go up to this stall and start looking at sandals and looked at the girl working there and gave her a price. She quoted a price back. So now we're in the typical haggling when I notice that she's getting really excited. Let's just say I've never seen that before when in the negotiations process. Eventually we agreed to a price and she starts clapping. What's going on here?

I must have looked confused because a man came up to me immediately after and told me that she had just started her stall that day and I was her first sale ever. Awwwww, how sweet!

Pre Paid Landline Telephone in Bangkok!

by machomikemd

It is a good idea to buy a prepaid card (prices around 200 Bath), not only to make phone calls inside the country but international calls as well. Making a phone call back home is easy with many phone boots through Bangkok with instructions in English.

Dial 009 before your international number and most Western countries can be reached for only 20 Bath a minute (check prices beforehand though)

The King is KING!

by shrimp56

The king of Thailand is much loved as is his wife. They have both supported many projects that have helped ordinary Thai people. You will find displays such as this in many restaurants and public places.

Wearing Shorts!

by machomikemd

Wearing shorts is considered improper and low-class attire, but acceptable for children. No matter how hot it is, long pants should be worn in urban areas. If you are planning to visit a Buddhist temple, dress conservatively and remember to take your shoes off when you enter the temple.

Comments