80 Surawongse Road, Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Bangkoks Most Aggressive Security

I was shocked, embarrassed and lost much face when the hotel security accosted myself and a business colleague (a senior manager of Thailand's largest duty free company) when we tried to stop by my room on the way to dinner. They did not address me as the guest, but targeted my colleague in an aggressive and highly offensive manner. According to the hotel manager, the hotel does not sell you a room, only a single bed. Guests are not permitted in any rooms after 6.00 pm unless you pay US$30 to security - for each visitor. This is not explained at check-in, nor recorded on your official hotel Bill, and is obviously cash pocketed by the security team. I checked out immediately, and the hotel is refusing to refund the 5 nights I was to stay. This hotel clearly supports and profits from the prostitution trade in Bangkok, and is to be avoided.
    Definitely NOT recommended.

• romanista2000's Profile Photo

An hotel where your money counts

I stayed at the Tawana hotel and have little to complain (not so many toilet amenities for such categories) . On contrary, the wonderfu position make the place a must stay, very close to the main night-actions. Patpong night market is just 50 metres away with all hot spots in range.
    The staff is always willing to help you, clean hotel with huge food selection for a buffet breakfast, complimentary newpaper and bottled water is the rule.

Unique Quality: You may require the use of the complimentary Tuk-Tuk, which is the popular, and largely known, means to move in the city.

Directions: Patpong district.

• rogueacronym's Profile Photo

Pleasant Stay

Stayed Here for 3 days in August 2005. It was a very pleasant stay. We did though have to wait an hour before we could check in to our rooms and after an 8 hour flight, thats a no no for a weary traveller.

Rooms are clean and the food is great. The best thing about this Hotel were the staff. They were amazing. My compliments to all at Tawana Ramada. Thank You.

Unique Quality: Pools Great , Room Service Selection is delicious.

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Tawana

I highly recommend this hotel for people who want a good upscale hotel in Bangkok. When I saw the Ramada sign on one of my earlier trips, I decided that this was worth a try. It has been a great place to stay. Now it is no longer a part of the Ramada chain, but it has not changed a bit. It may actually be friendlier than before.

Prices are good at $50 to $75. Check the Internet for deals.

Unique Quality: This is a 4 star property with price that is similar to US Ramada hotels. It is near the offices of all the airlines on Silom road and the night market at Patpong. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The beds are 5 star.

The breakfast is a buffet with a good selection of Western and Asian food, but it is a little expensive. I don't think I will get a room with breakfast next time.

Directions: Across the street from Patpong Market.

More about Tawana Ramada

the good, the bad and the ugly

by TripAdvisor Member DHSS

Recently just returned from LTI Varadero after a stay of seven days.
For starters I would take some of the good reviews posted here with a grain of salt. The "maybe next time" review from Jan 7th says it all truthfully. Whoever said the food/pork was "great" must be kidding. The food inflicted on you is horribly bland and repetitive. It was no where near what you would get in a place like Mexico. The staff were mostly indifferent or rude, even after generous tipping. As others have mentioned Alberto was the best waiter, he works the breakfast & lunch shift and he really worked hard to earn a tip. In fact, Alberto came out to the lobby on the departure day to personally say goodbye to many. Sadly, this kind of service was the exception and not the rule.
The front desk staff were outright rude and inattentive, often finishing long personal conversations amongest themselves before helping you. Most of the staff speak very little english. The animation team wasn't really visible and the disco and theatre were so far removed from the resort and so poorly advertised that most people we talked to didn't even know they existed. The beach is wonderful, but bums roam it when the sun starts to set, taking anything not nailed down, including our sandals. The grounds were really beautiful and the rooms were fine. The place was very quiet, almost boring (it was only at 33% capacity or less, this perplexed us because the neighboring TRYP resort looked FULL). We overheard some guests say that LTI was an overflow resort, because they were moved to LTI when their resort was overbooked. I wouldn't recommend LTI Varadero, it has potential but it's not there yet. One note, it is transitioning from LTI ownership to a local company "Maritim". Cuba is a great "once only" trip, Havana and Cayo Blanco are MUST see's!

Not a honeymoon

We went to the LTI for our honeymoon and stayed for one week over New Years. Our experience was mediocre at best, with very inconsistent service. Some people were wonderful, but most were not, particularly at reception. When we arrived, they checked us in to a building the the farthest away from the beach in a ground floor room with TWIN BEDS! (We were on our honeymoon). The resort was nowhere near full so we found this room appointment somewhat confusing and went back. After getting a manager they changed us to a waterfront 3rd floor room with a king size bed. The honeymoon package of champagne, fruit, etc. was never deleivered. In retrospect, it seemed like they expected us to tip them to get a good room. The front desk staff were by far the most indifferent and rudest, but the bell boy was excellent and very friendly and hardworking. The facility iteself is very beautiful, the beach is nice, though the pool is a bit chilly. The food was decent, but plain and, as everyone says, Alberto was the best waiter that we found. Tipping is definitely overrated as some people alluded to. We left $1 and items for our maid, and she left sweet towel designs for us. We would recommend only tipping your maid, at meals and try to get the same person so they remember you, for music that you like, and your tour operator if they did a good job. Tipping the bartenders was a complete waste of time as it never changed their service (as it should be being an all-inclusive). DO NOT feel obligated to tip people for using the washroom when you're on an excursion. Take your own tissue and give them some attitude and they'll leave you alone. We were too nice about this and ended up spending way too much money to use a filthy bathroom at a resturaunt we ate at and provided our own tissue.
We learned to late:)The trip to Havana with the Tropicana show was excellent, but be prepared for a long day and bring a change of clothes (pants and collar for men). We weren't told about this and had to borrow from other tourists, which was actually quite fun--we had a great time!! The jeep safari was a nice way to see the countryside and we did enjoy it, but if you've ever gone 4x4ing or live in/see the countrysie regularly, you might find a better use of a day than the jeep safari. It's like driving along logging roads in BC and passing through farmland. Overall we had a nice time on our trip and met some great people because that's what we do, but I would not recommend the LTI to my friends or family.

5 stars resort but 3 star food and entertainment

I came back from a week at LTI on February 9th, 2004. In general we had a nice time and our vacation was very relaxing. The rooms are very spacious and always clean. The resort grounds are clean and very well kept. I would rate the rooms and grounds at least 4.5 stars. As for the food, we thought it was marginal... the a la carte restaurents were much better than the buffet... the first couple of days we were there it the resort was only at about 30% occupancy and I think because of that there was very little selection of food at the buffet and what was there wasnt good... later in the week when it became busier the selection was much better but overall I would say the food was mediocre, that being said we did not go to Cuba for the food so we didnt really care. The beach was ok, the sand was a little dirty... not what I was expecting, I thought the beach in Punta Cana was nicer and the sand much cleaner. Overall the beach was ok but nothing spectacular. There wasnt very many young people (ie between 20 and 30 years old) at the resort, it was mostly people over 50 so if you are looking for a place to party dont go! Evening entertainment was marginal at best. We thought the staff were very friendly in general...
most did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable and I cant understand all the reviews that say the staff was unfriendly... this was not the case for us. All in all it was a nice, relaxing vacation.

a great holiday!!

i stayed at lti varadero beach resort last july and had a wonderful holiday. All staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was really clean and modern. The only problem which i encounted was an upset stomach, due to undercooked meat.

Comments