The Tawana Bangkok

blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Best stay in Bangkok!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2014

The Tawana was the best hotel I stayed at in Bangkok. I really enjoyed this place and would definitely stay again. The lobby is beautifully door and has a very pleasant door man. You have to walk up a set of wide stairs to the front desk but the door man takes you bags immediately and tags them with the Bell Hop. Check in was smooth. I had made this reservation only the day before because of a sudden change in my plans. During the check in I was given a non alcoholic cocktail which was tasty and a nice touch. As soon as I have my key staff are right there to take my bags up.

The room is spacious with high ceilings and a king sized bed. The bathroom was also nice and had very hot water. This stay was great. They have free wifi for multiple devices and 2 complementary bottles of water. Breakfast is included for a 50% discount.

The Tawana is conveniently located a few blocks from Patpong Night Market and the Sala Daeng Sky Train station (Silom). I stayed for two nights and wished it was longer. I was leaving for the airport after my stay and they called a metered taxi for me that was fair and reliable.

Will definitely stay here again!

Unique Quality: The service was above and beyond what I expected.

Bangkoks Most Aggressive Security

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2011

I was shocked, embarrassed and lost much face when the hotel security accosted myself and a business colleague (a senior manager of Thailand's largest duty free company) when we tried to stop by my room on the way to dinner. They did not address me as the guest, but targeted my colleague in an aggressive and highly offensive manner. According to the hotel manager, the hotel does not sell you a room, only a single bed. Guests are not permitted in any rooms after 6.00 pm unless you pay US$30 to security - for each visitor. This is not explained at check-in, nor recorded on your official hotel Bill, and is obviously cash pocketed by the security team. I checked out immediately, and the hotel is refusing to refund the 5 nights I was to stay. This hotel clearly supports and profits from the prostitution trade in Bangkok, and is to be avoided.
Definitely NOT recommended.

romanista2000's Profile Photo

An hotel where your money counts

by written on September 14, 2009

I stayed at the Tawana hotel and have little to complain (not so many toilet amenities for such categories) . On contrary, the wonderfu position make the place a must stay, very close to the main night-actions. Patpong night market is just 50 metres away with all hot spots in range.
The staff is always willing to help you, clean hotel with huge food selection for a buffet breakfast, complimentary newpaper and bottled water is the rule.

Unique Quality: You may require the use of the complimentary Tuk-Tuk, which is the popular, and largely known, means to move in the city.

Directions: Patpong district.

rogueacronym's Profile Photo

Pleasant Stay

by written on August 23, 2005

Stayed Here for 3 days in August 2005. It was a very pleasant stay. We did though have to wait an hour before we could check in to our rooms and after an 8 hour flight, thats a no no for a weary traveller.

Rooms are clean and the food is great. The best thing about this Hotel were the staff. They were amazing. My compliments to all at Tawana Ramada. Thank You.

Unique Quality: Pools Great , Room Service Selection is delicious.

gaolei's Profile Photo

Tawana

by written on August 25, 2002

I highly recommend this hotel for people who want a good upscale hotel in Bangkok. When I saw the Ramada sign on one of my earlier trips, I decided that this was worth a try. It has been a great place to stay. Now it is no longer a part of the Ramada chain, but it has not changed a bit. It may actually be friendlier than before.

Prices are good at $50 to $75. Check the Internet for deals.

Unique Quality: This is a 4 star property with price that is similar to US Ramada hotels. It is near the offices of all the airlines on Silom road and the night market at Patpong. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The beds are 5 star.

The breakfast is a buffet with a good selection of Western and Asian food, but it is a little expensive. I don't think I will get a room with breakfast next time.

Directions: Across the street from Patpong Market.

Nearby The Tawana Bangkok

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews