Tonaor Place

67/2 soi Chareonsak, Sutthisarn-Vinichai Road, Huaikwang, Bangkok, 10310, Thailand
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Bangkok

View from the restaurant overlooking Siam GulfView from the restaurant overlooking Siam Gulf

particular from the inside of Wat Po shrineparticular from the inside of Wat Po shrine

Garden Architecture DesignGarden Architecture Design

Silom Road by nightSilom Road by night

Visa for China

by suzelsand

Good day everyone. I am Ms. Blyne from Philippines and I will go in China on July 27, 2010. And I will pass Hong Kong to get my Visa for China. I would like to ask if you know the requirements for the Visa, kindly advice me. Please. My email address is blyne28@yahoo.com Thank you very much and I am hoping for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Blyne

by marielexoteria

Here's what you need to know about the Chinese visa as of the embassy of China in the Philippines, as I believe that you need to arrange a visa before you leave your country of residence: http://ph.china-embassy.org/eng/lsfw/hzqz/.

by suzelsand

Hi,

Good day to you. Thank you for the response. We tried the embassy here, but apparently we do not have enough time to wait, they already changed their requirements. We would like to try in Hong Kong, do you think they are still giving visa for China. Thank you

Regards,

Blyne

by marielexoteria

I'm not sure, since Hong Kong belongs to China...good luck, sorry I can't help more.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Thai Massage and Lake View

by syllybabe

Have a home spa massage. You can choose among several packages such as aromatherapy, royal thai massage, foot reflexology, exfoliating massage, facials, etc. I had a ninety minute aromatherapy massage for 1200 baht...to have one at the Home Garden Spa across the street would be 650 but I don't mind paying the difference to have it done in my room. The uniformed masseuse comes with a basket with all you'd need to transform your bedroom or living room into a home spa....a mat, robe, oils, aroma jar and candles, cd's of soothing thai music, etc. We get this view every night from the apartment where we stayed. After a massage, a cup of ginger tea, and totally relaxed company, the busy traffic and scorching heat of the city becomes bearable.

A giant amongst our new campanions

by richiecdisc

There is enough to keep the traveler busy for long stays, but if time is short, I’d say the Grand Palace is the must see attraction here. It’s funny; my only strong memory of this place is walking around eating seemingly all day. There were no set meals, just seeing things, and eating them. I rarely knew what it was, but everything; literally everything, I ate here was great. Fruits like you’d see in Malaysia and even cheaper. The food stalls were the best. You just looked and pointed, and if it looked good, it pretty much tasted good too. And they all seemed clean and healthy. I never got sick. What made it even harder to not overeat were the prices. You could eat well for under $4 and snacks were all too plentiful and even cheaper. Sweets, let’s not talk about. But my favorites were the beverage stands. They had a variety of beverages like I’ve never seen anywhere. You’d walk up and there’d invariably be a crowd huddled around, sipping precariously from little silver cups. For little more than a few pennies, you could enjoy this little ritual, and beat the heat. Seemed to always be under a big umbrella, and they were fairly well watered-down with ice, but tasty and refreshing just the same. Lumps of gelatin or beans were just some of the exotic ingredients in these drinks but a favorite was one with tealeaves floating innocuously enough on top. So, you’d sip, a giant amongst your new companions, and join in the laughter and camaraderie that was the bustling Bangkok streets. (This is an old memory from 1993)

Muang Boran ~ The Great Battle of Yuthahathi

by Audrey118

The Great Battle of Yuthahathi

During the Ayutthaya era (1350-1767 A.D.), the kingdom was under Burmese rule for 15 years. King Naresuan the Great rose up against the invaders and liberated Siam from the Burmese yoke by winning the battle of Yuthahathi. Phra Maha Uparacha, the Burmese Prince and Commanding General, was killed in a royal duel fought on elephant-back. The Battle of Yuthahathi took place in Tambon Nongsarai of Suphanburi Province at a site known as Don-Chedi.

Learn some Thai! I WISH I...

by j-san

Learn some Thai! I WISH I knew more than this: Sawadee Kha (hello, said by a woman) and Kop Khun Kha (thank you, again said by a woman). Kha is the ending when a woman speaks. Must try and learn something more than two words next time :'>

Packing List

by Pomska

If you love to shop like I do, you should take as big bag as you can. It should be empty when you arrive because it's going to be full when it's time to leave this marvellous shopping city. Bangkok is always very humid and hot and therefore I recommed to take many t-shirts and strapless tops, shorts and skirts. Great shoes are also essential because the traffic in Bangkok is jammed and I personally prefer to walk in the city. The distances are not so long if you choose an area which you want to explore. If you are going to visit the shopping malls you can prepare to cool air because they are always well air-conditioned. I was freezing in some of the malls and therefore I was carrying the shirt with sleeves with me. Altough you have to remember that you cannot enter into some of the wats f.ex. in strap tops. A face water or some kind of atomiser is good to have, because you can cool yourself with it when the heat is on.

You can find any kind of toiletries and medicines from Bangkok in cheap prices.

Comments