Tuptim Bed & Breakfast

82 Rambuttri Road, Next to Khao San Road, Banglumpu, Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon 12000, Banglumpu
Tuptim Bed & Breakfast
Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Bangkok

Luxurious buildingsLuxurious buildings

The Golden TempleThe Golden Temple

Cha Am BeachCha Am Beach

View to Ratanakosin Island from Wat Arun, ThonburiView to Ratanakosin Island from Wat Arun, Thonburi

short breaks from bangkok

by nigeljrr

With 10 nights in Bangkok I'm planning to spend 2 nights of those in Ayutthaya and wondered if there was anywhere else for a couple of nights that would not involve flying that people could strongly recommend. If it's reasonably drivable from Ayutthaya I'll hire a car otherwise it will be back to Bangkok and a separate 2 day excursion.

Thanks

Nigel

by Curt1591

Kanachanaburi and Hua Hin / Cha Am are two popular getaways.

by johnaalex

I would also suggest Hua Hin, not the best Thai beach, but a nice little town for a few days.

Regards

John

by SirHalberd

Pattaya is a popular destination close to Bangkok. You can even save a little money there on hotels and cheaper transportation. Modern malls, street vendors, nightlife, good restaurants, modern movie theaters at discount prices, etc. But beach is not as good as Hua Hin. Pattaya does have a long beach good for walking, jogging, shopping but tourists usually do not swim there. You can swim off of Koh Larn (30 baht ferry ride) and in Jomtien.

Bus from Ekamai Bus Terminal is around 114 baht for the 2.5 hour ride. Bus terminal is off a Skytrain stop.

Things to see and do in Pattaya:

Up to you.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Thai Massage

by Ewingjr98

My second night in Bangkok, I met a few locals at one of the Buddhist Temples. After a few minutes of chatting, they offered to take me to get a traditional Thai Massage, I was very leery of their offer (especially since I was traveling alone), but I weighed the risks and decided to tag along... if I ran into trouble, I could easily get away.

They told me the place as completely legitimate (i.e. no sex), and they were regulars. We took a taxi to Thonburi on the west side of the Chao Praya River to a huge massage parlor (sorry, but I don't know the name). We walked inside ot an area that looked just like a bar, and my "guides" told me I had to choose a masseuse. We walked into the next room where there were 50 or more girls of all ages, shapes, and sizes sitting on red carpeted steps that went up four levels (like stadium bleachers, only much nicer!). We scanned the choices then went back for a few Chang beers. Then we returned to the viewing areas, chose a masseuse by the number she wore, and headed up the massage rooms.

Upon entering the room, I changed into baggy cotton pajama bottoms with a short sleeve top. My chosen masseuse came in, and she didn't speak a word of English, so I told my guide I wanted a two-hour massage and a beer. The room had two beds and a TV. I received the best massage of my life for the next two hours while watching some crazy Thai game show and drinking a beer. The masseuse just thought the whole thing was funny.

Benjasir Park

by dragontml

Located between Emporium Shopping Center and the Queen's Park Hotel on Sukhumvit.
From sky train, get off at Phrom Phong station.
It's nice to be able to walk around some green surrounding within the city.

River Cruise - Royal Thai Naval Headquarters

by Audrey118

The fortress Vichai Prasit is now the Royal Thai Navy HQ. Vichai Prasit Fort was built in Ayautthaya period to guard the river approach to Bangkok. It became part of King Taksin palace and now belongs to the Royal Navy.

Muscled Eagle Image

by RoyJava

Shiva's carriage was the bird of eagle. Shiva is the Hindo deity of Destroying, and Creating! That is why this deity is considered the supreme Hindu Deity, possibly the oldest one. That is to say the Brahma, Vishnu and Shiwa as Trimurti (Trinity) representations are of a later area. Mentioning here Shiva always is together with his consort, all Goddesses with different names (like Devi, Saraswati, Sri, and the illustrious and dreaded Kali).

In despite of Thailand being for the greater part a Buddhist country you may see a lot of relics out of Hindu times. Like this Shiva image (seen in the South Sathorn Road), in the presentation of an sacred Eagle, of Garuda. It's funny this image looks like a well-muscled deity, for that very reason while Shiva should be the Creator of human life, too. By making love with his consort Kali ... though this loving moment has been presented in a dangerous and romantic dance ... is told. Maybe girls, ... and boys, dream about this heavenly creature ...
;o)))

bring sunscreen or get sunburned

by malangi

bring a big bag for shopping so you wont have to carry small bags everytime you shop bring lightweight clothes if you will go to bangkok in feb-march because its quite hot there already bring sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun...especially if you would like to tour the grand palace and afterwards walk to the reclining buddha temple...and dont forget to bring bottled water wherever you go so you will be refreshed all the time

Comments