Unico Leela Hotel Bangkok

Tags

Budget Travel
See Amenities
morochaargentina's Profile Photo

very uncomfortable rooms and no space for clothes

by written on February 27, 2012

Don’t stay here!

The rooms are very nice BUT they are VERY uncomfortable. Unless you are travelling alone and without luggage, I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy! They have 4 levels of rooms, we were on the 3rd level (almost the best room) ... I can not even imagine how the worst rooms are!

1. There is NO room to store your clothes (there are only 10 hangers in a tiny part of the room and no drawers...) You HAVE to leave your clothes in your luggage and move them at all times because the room is fairly small (remember, we were NOT in the smallest room... so it could have been worst... oh boy!)

2. The bathroom doors are transparent and you have to turn the lights form outside. That means that when you wake up in the middle of the night, your spouse will wake up as well. As a matter of fact, you can not share that room with a friend or a family member... let me say this again: transparent doors to the bathroom! Can you imagine a mom travelling with her son “Dear, can you leave the room, please, so I can take a shower?”

3. There is no room to place your toiletries on the bathroom

4. They just give you 2 bath towels, no hand towels... gross!!!

5. They charge you for ice!! This is the 1st time in my life that I have to pay for ice! 2USD for a bucket of ice... talk about being clueless on how to run a hotel!

6. There is only one outlet on the desk and the sofa area. We are 2 travelers with 2 computers... there is a sofa and a table that can be used for the 2nd computer but no outlet! The only other outlet in the room is on the other side of the bed, that means that you have to sit on the bed next to the bathroom to use your computer. Crazzy if you know how many electronics people use nowadays!

7. They are RUDE: I wanted to do laundry (We’ve been travelling for 2 weeks and I have a full bag) They told me I could do laundry in the hotel, by the piece (we all know how expensive that is) I explained that I have way too much and that I wanted to find a place that does laundry by the kilo. They called the concierge who told me “you give me the laundy and you’ll get it ready -tomorrow morning”. I asked how much was by the kilo and he said “No, it’s by the piece. You tell me your room number and everything will be clean tomorrow”. I explained AGAIN that I wanted a place by the kilo and he said “Then you go an find it yourself!” Can you see the Ritz treating a guest like that???

8. They treat customers like THIEFS: I was leaving the hotel with a small carry on (my laundry) a guy chased me and told me “Lady, you HAVE to go to the front desk to check out!”. When I replied “I am not checking out” he said “oh, ok” and left... adding “I’m sorry for the confusion” would have been appropriate! And by the way: they had my credit card anyway!

9. LOCATION is NOT GOOD and the directions on their website are misleading and wrong: the hotel is NOT one block from Nana Station, it is FIVE blocks away on a one way street that can NOT be taken from the station! 2 taxis didn't wanted to take us here from the bus station (too much congestion in the area and they didn’t know the exact location) and the 3rd one got lost and left us 4 blocks away. It’s very complicated to get here since it’s on a one way street, next to the water. So unless you want to get here by metro and walk the 5 blocks... not a good location!

10. Breakfast is good (you may choose to have breakfast included or not, we booked just the rooms and we paid extra for the breakfast). Nothing spectacular but a a good deal/quality ratio.

11. The good thing? The bed is comfortable and the shower pressure is great. Internet is free and fast and the rooms are extremely cheap.

BOTTOM LINE: there are millions of hotels with the same price range and better deals than this: don’t stay here :)

Canguy's Profile Photo

The Worst 3 Stars in Bangkok

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2006

This hotel is everything a hotel is not supposed to be.
Its website describes itself as a 3 stars, but as far as I am concerned, it is not worth half a star, even by Thai standard.
The room I had was tiny, and the bed took up so much space that there wasn't even room to walk around the bed. No sheet on the bed, only a bed spread that must also double as a sort of blanket. There were no amenities in the bathroom ... no towels on the day I arrived, and though I had tipped the bellboy who took my backpack to the room very generously, he never brought me any towels or soap like he promised to. I ended up going into the housekeeping room and picking up a couple of towels from the floor.
The room smelled and was noisy. You could literally hear footsteps in the corridor and the tv in the room across the hallway. There was a large gap in the wall between the room and the corridor. Through this gap, pungent smell drifted and seeped into the room at all hours.
The receptionist and most of the other staff members never even smiled in this Land of Smiles.
Public transportation to and from the hotel was extremely inconvenient as the hotel is on a one-way street going the wrong way.

Unique Quality: None, unless you want to consider the very large swampy and smelly garbage dump site right infront of the hotel.

Directions: BTS to Nana. Walk 3 blocks to Soi Nana. Turn right on Soi Nana (Soi 3) and walk for about another 5 blocks. No taxi or a motor-cycle taxi here because Soi Nana is one way from Petchaburi to Sukhumviti, and the hotel is located on the Petchaburi end.

Nearby Unico Leela Hotel Bangkok

Unico Leela Hotel Bangkok

• Unico Leela Bangkok

Address: 74 Sukhumvit Road, Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nua), Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

2 Photos of Unico Leela Hotel Bangkok

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews