Welcome Sawasdee Inn Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 65% less but rated 51% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Bangkok

Homes..Canal Side...Bangkok,Thailand.Homes..Canal Side...Bangkok,Thailand.

JumpingTRACY'sHUSBAND,VTer adventures4Lyfe,BangkokJumpingTRACY'sHUSBAND,VTer adventures4Lyfe,Bangkok

coconut ice creamcoconut ice cream

BBQ chickenBBQ chicken

Muay Thai @ Lumpini

by utchie

Read in numerous VT tips and other non VT reviews that Muay Thai is very expensive for tourist. Prices Ive researched ranged from 1500B to 2500B, seats closer to the arena.

Aside from the tight budget we have, have read that the atmosphere in the stands with the locals is very high. Although, being somewhere in the middle would be good so we can watch the action as well.

Is there a way we can buy cheaper tickets?? Around 500B.

by paulwf

They tend to discount the ticket price towards the end of the fight program. We bought tickets for 500B with about 4 fights remaining. The arena wasn't packed and we had seats at ringside. I was happy with the amount of Muay Thai I got to see and was glad I didn't pay more to see extra bouts.

by utchie

thank you for this of info paul. i have read somewhere that the better fighters play towards the end of game so we are planning to watch an hour or so after the game started. that about 7:30 in the evening, is that a good time??

by paulwf

I can't remember what time I went in but I think it was later than 7.30pm. I think I might have gone in around 9pm but I'm not sure. Perhaps you could try at 7.30pm initially and/or ask when then price will be reduced. Note that the Suan Lum Bazaar, which used to be next door to it, is now closed - that is where I went while I waited for the price to come down.

by utchie

Oh, that is bad news about Suan Lum bazaar. I found really good stuffs last time I was there, which was 2009. But we never got to watch Muay Thai. I was not even aware that Suan Lum is right beside it until now that I am researching about Lumpini Stadium. :))

by paulwf

I was in Bangkok last month (January) and went to Sum Luan Night Bazaar to check it was open or not coz there were mixed reports on internet. It seems it closed in December 2010. Instead of Sum Luan Night Bazaar you go to the Pat Pong Night Market in Silom. It is one stop away by MRT.

by utchie

Will probably do that, in lack of other things to do.. expecting to spend hours on Suan Lum as I really liked it there the last time.

Thanks :)

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Currency Exchange

by johnaalex

FX booths are very easy to find in Thailand as are ATMs. They are all bank run and the official rates are posted daily in the Thai Newspapers including the English language ones. There can be minor differences from one bank to the next, but it is normally not more than a fraction of one Baht. If cashing TCs you will need to show your passport. The rate for TCs is a bit better than for cash, but you pay a charge for each TC so that may mean any benefits of an improved rate are negated.

Regards

John

Millennium Hilton

by Princess_Emily

Because we only had 18 hours, and from that subtract check in / out and sleeping, that did not leave us with much time for any activites outside the hotel, which turned out not to be so bad, we did find enough things to do inside the hotel area to pass the time of day.
The weather conditions did allow us to enjoy a very nice view from the 31st floor, and afterwards a visit to the pool on the 4th floor.

Rose garden

by xaver

Go to Rose garden, it is about 100 kilometers from Bangkok and it is a trip sold more or less in any agency in Bangkok.
This is the tour where you are also brought to a floating market, ofcourse that is not the sunday Bangkok one, but if you visit Bangkok during the week days, it can become a good alternative.

sticky rice & sweet mango

by richiecdisc

Sticky rice is glutinous rice and in this instance, it is cooked in sweetened coconut milk to enhance its flavor. Couple this with ripe sweet mango and you have a marriage made in heaven. At least, D thought so! She had this a few times for breakfast while I dined on the spicier porridge on over up the street. I later found it for a fraction of the cost from a street vendor on our last day. If you are there the right time of year (spring), make an effort to try it, especially if you have a sweet tooth

Service with a Thai Smile :)

by shrimp56

The flight attendants on Thai Airways wear traditional outfits made of gorgeous silk. The legendary Thai politeness is well in evidence in their service. This was their newest 747 and they were obviously proud of it.

Comments