Evason Hua Hin Resort & Six Senses Spa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Evason Hua Hin Resort & Six Senses Spa

Relaxing tranquil resort

We stayed at the Evason during the first week in September 2005. Following a very long drive from Bangkok airport, we arrived (after our driver getting us lost) at the Evason at 1am. We had booked a studio room (the one with the additional daybed outside on the balcony) but asked if we could upgrade to pool villa for the rest of our stay. Reception informed us we could after a couple of nights. The Studio room was very nice and on the upper floor (only a two storey building). The bathroom was different in that smoked windows alongside the bath could be opened to see into the bedroom. The room was immaculate and ours (420) was a corner room so had views on 2 sides of the balcony. It wasn't covered/overgrown by trees like some balconies and overlooked the herb garden and you could see the tennis courts also. We then upgraded to a pool villa and found this to be worth it as we didn't have to stay around the main pool which got busy as a couple of weddings were taking place so more people than usual were staying at the hotel. The pool villas didn't appear to have much more space in the bedroom area than the studio but had 2 sinks in the bathroom with the showers (2) outside, together with a huge sunken stone bath which was surrounded by lily ponds with fish.
The butler brought us a sun umbrella but we found we didn't need it in villa 218 as the sun tended to be on the other side to where the sunbeds were and there were lots of trees overhanging. However, we did move villa to number 214 opposite (due to some building works on the road outside the complex) and with this villa you definitely needed the sun umbrella as there was no shade. The hotel apologised for the roadworks (even though it was nothing to do with them) and gave us a bottle of sparkling wine to compensate. On the whole, the hotel was really nice and extremely relaxing with staff who cannot do enough for you. We went to the Manager's drinks party on Wednesday evening and had a chat to the management staff who all seemed to love their jobs which seemed to be evident from everyone's attitude from the gardeners to management. The only downside of the resort is that you tend to be limited to the resort. They do offer a shuttle bus into Hua Hin at 100 Baht per person which is better than the taxi prices, but this journey takes approx 30 minutes and is not always at the most convenient times. There were 3 restaurants which offer mainly Thai and chinese/cantonese style food and the beach restaurant and bar which offered more western varieties. We alternated and ate in the resort one night and went to Hua Hin the other. Hua Hin is dirt cheap to eat out and if you want to save some money, eat there every evening. The buffet breakfast is really nice and caters for every nationality with bacon/sausage/omelettes; sushi; noodles; fried rice; fruit; danish pastries; cheese/ham etc
We would recommend people to stay here who want a relaxing time with not too much going on - if you want nightlife, stay in Hua Hin itself (perhaps the Hilton or Sofitel which is right in the middle of it). We enjoyed the tranquility and the friendly attentive service the staff gave throughout.

Paradise.......

We have just come back from two weeks at The Evason Hideaway and have had the most fantastic time. The Hideaway villas are exceptional, they are very private and have there own large pool and outside Sala area. The staff at this hotel go well beyond the call of duty and the pool butlers are fantastic. They will plan your days and nights for you, run you rose petal, candle light baths and much much more. The restaurant staff new everyone by name and were amazing. The whole resort was so beautiful and peaceful, we really didnt want to leave.
I am a travel agent and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and this was by far the best. You arnt in the middle of town, but you can get into town for next to nothing by taxi or the hotel do a shuttle and this takes no where near 45 mins, more like 25! If you are a beach person, then this might not be the place for you as the beach isnt great, but this is more than compensated by the rest of the hotels facilities so dont let it put you off!

Our best holiday

A bit late but whatever...!!

We stayed here a while ago and we had the best holiday ever - we have travelled pretty widely and have never had a holiday like it. The staff are superbly attentive to just the right extent - not overbearing but there when you need them.

The swimming pool is a gem - my wife doesn't swim but was happy in shallower parts whilst I could swim porperly quite happily. Whilst lying on sun beds around the pool, various things are offered (without prompting or charge) including fruit, fruit juice and, most importantly, sun tan lotion.

The entertainment is low key and aims at the day rather than the evening. We did various excursions/activities with varying success (not the hotel's fault!!). They were always well organised and well judged.

The food is varied with a number of choices of restaurant. The Italian is the 'run of the mill' but is superb, the main restaurant is a la carte and very good and finally the fusion is unusual but outstanding.

The whole place is very quiet and aims at a very relaxing atmosphere. Do not expect a great nightlife. That said, we had the most fantastic time as people who are capable of entertaining themselves.

Out of this world

by TripAdvisor Member BigT71

As a resident of Bangkok this is my favourite escape. It is a 3 hour drive from Bangkok and then you are submerged into the tranquility of the Evason. A very out of the way, secluded and special place. If you are looking to sit on a beach and have a hectic night life then this is not the place for you but if you want to unwind in absolute comfort and be spoiled then head on down. The place is peaceful and quiet, the staff are superb and the properties immaculate. This is one of those places where everyone from the Gardener watering the flower beds to the butlers smile and greet you everytime you walk past them. The resort is split into two sections, Firstly The Evason Resort and Spa which has great studio rooms and small pool villas that have private pools, outdoor showers and baths and big,comfortable beds and a sofa. This side of the resort is wonderful in its own right but on the other side, the Hideaway is something else. The private villas are amazing, your butler opens your door and you eneter an outdoor area with two glass rooms, one on the left and one on the right, surrounded by lilly ponds. In front of you is a beautiful, long swimming pool with a sunken sala to one side. The accomodation is (on the left) a beautiful bedroom furnished with a big bed, day bed, beautiful bathroom with sperate in door and out door showers and an outdoor bath accessed by big patio doors to the front. A television with DVD and integrated surround sound as well as a coffee perculatir and excellent mini bar. On the other side is the lounge with its own shower and toilet, integrated surround sound DVD and a mini bar as well as a mini wine cellar.

The service here is phenominal, the staff are superbm, the surrounding sublime and just the perfect place to escape the big city and relax. This is not for tourists wanting to see sights and be thrilled by the noisey nightlife Thailand is known for. It is as described......a getaway. I have been back at least half a dozen times and am detirmined to spend a longer stay in one of the hideaway villas, i now just need to find the right excuse.

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member southbarr

Can't begin to explain how we feel about this hotel. We were made to feel like the most important and valued guests in the world. The whole place is fantastic but you need to remember that it is a low rise hotel very different in style from the Hiltons and Marriots of this world. The furnishings are typically Thai and the ethos is is about ecology. The welcome you receive is also typically Thai. You can buy meals in town much cheaper but is this not the case in all quality hotels. You get everything you pay for and expect. We'll be back!

Almost perfect

by TripAdvisor Member E_Hemingway

Most people have made it quite clear that this place is amazing and I agree. Firstly the highlights: Having your own private villa with pool is probably the best thing about the hideaway. Although, the privacy is questionable with some two story villas looking into your space, but they assured us the barriers they had were not transparent. Having the butler service meant you only needed to deal with one person the entire stay. We were in the smaller pool villa at first then upgraded to the pool villa suite. The extra living space was appreciated but not needed. The only plus was the longer pool good for doing laps in. But I would not pay the extra for the suite unless I had a child with me. The pool villa is certainly good enough.

As has been said repeatedly, the staff service is world best, but this is typical of all Thailand. They simply can't help but be so damn nice.

Food is fantastic here. There is a choice of restaurants and a good option is to have an in villa dining BBQ. You get your own chef and waiter. It's relatively expensive but worth it at least once.

Overall value is excellent with reasonable restaurant prices and very reasonable mini bar prices. But here is a good tip. Strangely, the drink prices vary between the hideaway restaurants and the resort restaurants (i.e hideaway prices about 20 to 30% higher). It's bizarre as it really is all one property and the drinks themselves don't vary in quality or presentation. So dine/drink at the resort restaurants which are better anyway.

The low-lights. Much has been said about the road running between the beach (not really a beach) and the resort. The communal resort pool and the restaurants are also right on this road and it is a public road. It is one reason why I didn't give an excellent rating. It's a dirt road with regular traffic. Having your own villa means you don't need to use the main pool so it didn't bother me. But sitting at the restaurant with the sea breeze coming in being interrupted by all kinds of vehicles was not nice. It also raises questions about security. Anyone can enter the property via this road. Another downer was the maintenance workshop is on site, so your blissful days of relaxing by your pool in silence can be interrupted by hammering or a circular saw. This happened daily throughout the day.

There is a SPA, but forget about it and go to the Sofitel or Hilton in Hua Hin and pay half as much. These Spa's are much nicer also. I think the evason are just taking advantage of their isolation.

If you are a keen golfer, there are a number of courses to choose from. I highly recommend Springfield.

All in all though this place is excellent and highly recommended for those who don't like crowds. It is not recommended if you like night life though or beaches. The main town of Hua Hin is about 30 minutes away. The resort has an infrequent shuttle but pay extra and get the private car. As a price guide, with a number of activities including a couple of tennis lessons, trips to Hua Hin and the golf club plus all meals eaten here and a fair bit of mini bar usage our bill for extras (i.e excluding accommodation) after 7 nights was around US$1,000 for 2 people. Excellent value.

Everything but he beach...

by TripAdvisor Member Madita

Okay, here we go, first of all, this was really an excellent managed hotel, wonderful staff, great food (mostly) and nice area. The cons: the beach in front of the hotel was really lame. Ugly road under construction and only nice sand when there is low tide, which is only at night, kind of strange tide patterns there, too. We wanted to go catamaran sailing and we are experienced sailors, but it was impossible at this coast, because it was all too windy and ther was hardly a spot where to get the cat into the water. Since we really are beach and watersport loving people, that was kind of hard. But except for that, really nice. Especially loved the spa, whih is quite expensive compared to other spas, but it is worth every cent when you really want to spoil yourself and the beach bar where there was "order one get two" every night between five and seven. Great drinks, great finger food. Wonderful styled restaurants, too, although I must admit that I didn´t like the food at " The Other Restaurant", where they do "Fusion cooking", they should stick to Thai, or European Style but not mix it up, didn´t work, at least not on my dish, my husband liked his, though.

Great retreat

by TripAdvisor Member dokanman

My first stay here and I admit to being a bit apprehensive before I arrived.

Most of the people I'd met who have stayed at various Evason resorts fitted "Guardian reader / Lonely Planet" stereotype who's idea of fun is hugging trees and taking photos of angelic(preferably poor/slightly malnourished) kids to prove they's had a "real" holiday experience.

We stayed in a two bedroom villa. Blissfully private, with a view across a very attractive lotus pond/ garden to sea. It was ideal for two (independant) people. The outdoor sala was perfect for late night drinks.

Food was good; healthy and unfussy.

The pool is large enough to do a pretence at laps, but the main poole must be 40M + and is ideal. Certainly the most practical, large pool I've seen in Thailand (most of which are designed to look cool in postcards and little else).

I didn't use the spa. The thought of waif-like girls rubbing perfumed oil into my back never really appealed, but lots of other guests raved about it and so I imagine it compares favorably with the competition.

Service is typically Thai. Friendly, occasionally rather naive, but charming. The whole experience left me feeling very at home - and very much looking forward to returning in a couple of months.

Overall? A sensibly priced hotel for people who don't need to be impressed, just made welcome. A perfevt antidote to all the fawning and starchiness at Four Seasons/ Banyan Tree etc.

Paradise Gained!

by TripAdvisor Member Hambagahle

The Hideaway part of the Evason at Hua Hin is paradise on earth. I have never been anywhere where I have felt so relaxed and where the service was so good, but totally unobtrusive!
My husband and I stayed in a villa suite. We had our own indoor and outdoor living rooms "sala". The bathroom off the bedroom had an indoor and an outdoor shower, and there was an outdoor bath on the terrace. The pool (10m by 3m) was marvellous. To gild the lily the suite came with a charming butler, Lek, who really looked after us well. She organised everything for us - check in in our suite, dinner reservations, private BBQ on our terrace (well worth having and delicious!), fruit and veg carving lesson for me, shuttle bus to Hua Hin and back, and fixed the time of our return limo to Bangkok. She even produced a day-by-day schedule for us!! She was great!
The meals either served on our terrace by room service or at the Hideaway restaurant, or once at the Beach restaurant, were excellent. Furthmore this resort does not "gouge" its customers on wine and other drinks prices as so many places that are remote do. I found the prices of food and drink very fair.
We had orginally planned to stay at Pangor Laut, but changed to the Evason Hideaway because of poor reviews on Trip Advisor for the former. Evason is heaven - provided that you are not looking for night life or a town nearby to shop! The beach (if that is what you want) is not much good...and a sand road separates the main resort from the sea. However this is the case in most French and Italian seaside resorts that I know! If you stay in the Hideaway this need never concern you as you have everything you could possibly need, including an espresso machine, within the four walls of your suite. Add to this total privacy and quiet...and you have paradise!
I cannot recommend it highly enough and will certainly go back.

Honey of Moon Trip

by jooplo

"Evason Hua Hin"

Hua Hin is a great getaway place ..
I had my super romantic trip with my ex-boyfriend there at Evason
Resort.

It was like a dream to me ...
and we stayed in the Room that you can see now... It is a pool villa .....

Wish I could go back there again

down at the beach ...

I miss it ...

Evason Hua Hin PranburiEvason Hua Hin Pranburi

Hua Hin view pointHua Hin view point

Hua Hin View PointHua Hin View Point

Hua Hin Beach photo of Hua Don BeachHua Hin Beach photo of Hua Don Beach

evason hua hin

by vic777

i am going to the evason in hua hin at the start of June. Can anyone give me any feedback about the hotel, cost of taxis into town, cost of food etc.
Any info would be great.

RE: evason hua hin

by sha08ron

hi, i will be staying there mid of july. could you kindly let me know your trip when you are back? appreciate it. seems like a good hotel but i guess a bit off the town.

sharon

Trips and Hints around The Evason/Hua Hin

by green_emerald99

Hi everybody,

could someone give me some hints about the location around the Evason in Hua Hin?
I've heard that the surroundings of the Evason are quite quiet. Does this mean no restaurants and no shopping facilities? Who can recommend some restaurants or other possibilities to take some food beside the expensive hotel restaurants?

What kind of day trips could be interesting? What about the National Park Khao Sam Roi Yod?

Thanx.

by joyful_sun

Hi

I stayed in Evason Huahin and it's quite remotely located. It is not walking distance to the Huahin restaurant / shopping area. You'll have to take a 10-15 minute car ride to get there.

The resort has their own tour desk and offers a lot of interesting day excursions..national park, fireflies tour etc. Although they are resort rates, they are quite reasonable.

Enjoy your stay there, the resort is absolutely gorgeous!

RE: RE: Trips and Hints around The Evason/Hua Hin

by green_emerald99

Hi,

thank you very much for your hints. I'm sure I will enjoy it in the Evason, too? My vacation is planned to be very relaxing and quiet. So it wouldn't be that problem to take the shuttle or any taxis for Hua Hin.
But what kind of room did you have? I'm not sure if the smallest called Evason room would be good enough, but the next one Evason Studio is much more expensive. Should I afford me that?

Thanks a million.

by Aoo

Don't worry about u have been heard before, there are about 2-4 big shopping facilities around 10-50 km.there , there are many resturant with the romantic see view around there,--Comment of me for That's word "are quite quiet." i think if u need for dance place or extreme place / activity u can't get in there cos' hua hin is a town for relax in spa or resort in natural feel not Attractive feel like pattaya ja..

by LES_GRAY

hi, sam roi yot national park just south of hua hin, hire a taxi for the day and head for the main village in the park (entrance fee for foreigners ) at the village hire a boat and driver and head off around the coast you will come to the rangers location where there is a restaurant get some water and make the climb up to the entrance of the caves, sam roi yot was also the location for some of the filming of "the killing fields " i have been there several times and i enjoy it, les

Evason Resort

by raji_99

Hi I am staying at the Evason, Hua Hin Mar 19-29. Looking for people there at the same time to go on some tours and explore the local area. I am vegetarian so any advice on dining options appreciated. Cheers. Raji
xsara999@gmail.com