Hua Hin Markwin Lodge

More about Hua Hin

Food on the beach in Hua HinFood on the beach in Hua Hin

South Hua Hin BeachSouth Hua Hin Beach

Temple in Hua HinTemple in Hua Hin

Hua Don Beach Takiab Hua Hin, 10 mins from townHua Don Beach Takiab Hua Hin, 10 mins from town

Hotel help

by JonnyVN

Hi, me and my wife are heading over to Thailand over Tet (lunar New Year), we are thinking of heading to Hua Hin for a few days relaxing. Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel for about US50 to 70.
Manny thanks
JonnyVN

RE: Hotel help

by Sergeyu

Wish you ready to spend a bit more - 4600THB/per night, Veranda Resort and Spa was really nice. But it is located actaully in Cha Am, so if you plan to got outside of teh hotel, then there will be taxi drive up to Hua Hin center.

RE: Hotel help

by Sally_chen

Hi Jonny,
I and my husband also will go to Hua Hin this Lunar New Year for vacation , to be precise from February 16 to 23. We stayed in Dolphin Bay last year at the same time but this year no room available . We will stay at Pran Buri which is 30minutes by car out of Hua Hin, I am trying to contact one hotel which we droped by last year ,it's by the seaside with beautiful garden and bangalow ,the rate is around 1,800B .
Have you found your hotel ?

Hi
we got rooms at dolphin bay, hopefully your going to tell me it's good
Jonny

by Sally_chen

It's a good place to stay , nice and clean beach , less people ,the breakfast is especially good. we want to be back but no more room .We will drop by one day to have dinner at the restaurant near by .
When will you arrive ?

PS: How do you arrange your transportation from BKK? We have a midnght flight and we will arrange taxi pick up .

by JonnyVN

we ariive on the 15th stay till 18th. Thanks for the heads up on the place.
We have got the hotel to send a car for us
Jonny

Travel Tips for Hua Hin

Food stalls

by kyoub

In Thailand, everybody likes to eat, all the time.
Food stalls are found lining the streets in town, outside of temples, at schools, and along side of the highway.
The picture is of the food stalls that are all along the highway, in case you need to grab a bite while driving.

Fast bus

by syllybabe

There are buses that leave Hua Hin every 30mins from 3am to 10pm daily to Bangkok and it's only about a 3hr and a half ride.
Right now I cannot recall exactly where the bus stop is but it sounds like Pram Tours or something similar. Anyone who knows where it is, please email me so I can make the necessary corrections here.

It's 128baht for a one way ticket from Hua Hin to Bangkok. The bus stops for about 15 mins after an hour and a half of travel and they let out passengers to buy food or to use the rest rooms.

Bland seafood

by nomadig about Restaurant Thanachote

Restaurant Thanachote is just one of the waterfront restaurants on Naretdamri Road. They got us lured inside with inexpensive prices and fresh lobsters in tanks nearby the entrance.

The dining area has excellent view to the sea, as it is built on top of an old fishing pier. Which is nice, although usually there is not much to see on the sea.

The food is just okay, maybe a bit too bland to my tastes. The amount of different portions is breathtaking, but none of them tasted as good as Thai food usually does. We had tried Ket Sa Rin Seafood in the neighbourhood, and the experiences were not from the same world. Go there instead.

Giant Buddha Statue

by Mahieu

Approaching Khao Takiab hill from the
beach, you can see an majestic 20 meter tall statue of the Lord Buddha towering on some rocks at the foot of the
hill. Beware of the monkeys, they are not dangerous, but very curious to see if you have any food or drinks with you. Surrounded by some 20 monkeys, and feeling one touching my leg, I started to cry like a little baby. I know, I'm far from being a hero ;-))))))))))

Horse Riding

by goodplace

"Quite place for sun tan and horse riding"

I visited 3 - 4 times per year............ still looking for the right lady have not found the one I like yet. In Hua Hin is a nice quite place to be when you want horse riding and sun tan on the beach.......... very quite compare to Pattaya where they have more tourists. Here you would have to take a bus from the Akea Mai in Bangkok or hire a taxi for 1600-1800 from the DonMueng Airport and will be here in 3 HR......... good deal for hotel and food, and Golf, not as expensive as other travel attraction............try it.

Comments