Jed Pee Nong Hotel

17 Damneonkasem Road, Hua Hin, Thailand

• Wann's Profile Photo

Another good location to stay - Budget

This time I went to Hua Hin by myself and looked for a budget place to stay just for one night. I came to Hua Hin before and notice this hotel just in good location so when I got there again I felt like to try. The hotel is just so convenience shortly walk to beach, town, night walking street, night market all in walking distance. It's a good range and safe for me to travel alone that time.

Unique Quality: Pool, the location, in town, most of Interests within walking distance. Many restaurants and minimart nearby.

Directions: Opposite of City Beach Hotel

More about Jed Pee Nong Hotel

Another good location to stay - Budget

by Wann about Jed Pee Nong Hotel

The hotel just opposite of the City Beach Hotel (another one I recommend here) . Pool, the location, in town, most of Interests within walking distance. Many restaurants and minimart nearby.

Jed Pee Nong HotelJed Pee Nong Hotel

Budget Accommodation at Xmas

by fenlodge

Myself hubbie & 7 yr old daughter are planning a D.I.Y trip to Thailand in dec. We need budget accom. in Hua Hin for christmas week. Do we need to book in advance? Lonely planet guide suggests Jed Pee Nong, Top Mark Hotel, PP Villa or Fulay Hotel, has anyone tried these ? Are restaurants etc open xmas day?
Are there any soecial events over christmas to entertain 7 yr old?

RE: Budget Accommodation at Xmas

by cheaptourist

I always stay at Sukvilay guest house. 1000 baht per night, with a small breakfast. The place is only three years old and everything is in good shape.
It used to get noisy at night but the last time I was there It was quite after places closed. Jed Pee Nong is not far away, but I never stayed there. Close to Burger King. Hua Hin is small and you can walk anywhere you wish to go. Just take a room for one night and if you like it you can stay, if not you can move to another guesthouse or hotel.

RE: RE: Budget Accommodation at Xmas

by cheaptourist

Just to add to my previous post. If you stay at a hotel that has a restaurant they will have a mandatory dinner Christmas and new years. Sukvilay has no dinner, only breakfast so it's no problem.

RE: Budget Accommodation at Xmas

by sarahreynold

All those places are in the town itself, I would suggest staying down at the beaches, much nicer, what is your budget ? You certainly would need to book well in advance for Christmas period. All restaurants would be open. If you stay at larger hotels they would have entertainment, it all comes down to how much your budget is ?

RE: RE: Budget Accommodation at Xmas

by cheaptourist

The hotels on the beach are nicer but a lot more expensive. Also the compulsory dinner for two adults and one child will cost sixty-five to seventy-five USdollars. As you stipulated in your original post, you need budget accomadation and this is a budget-buster. Also, the beach in Hua Hin is not that nice.

accommodation in Hua Hin

by globis

anyone who can reccommend a couple of nice - inexpensive - hotels with aircon in Hua Hin?

RE: accommodation in Hua Hin

by cheaptourist

Sukvilay guesthouse on soi Bintabat is a fairly new place. 1000 baht per night with a light breakfast. Clean. I always stay there. They also have the old section with A/C for about half that price.
Jed Pee Nong hotel on Damoen Kasem road is OK. Near BurgerKing and goverment run internet/overseas telephone co. Hua Hin is small and anywhere you stay is within walking distance of the beach and entertainment areas. Lots of restaurants in Hua Hin.

RE: accommodation in Hua Hin

by sarahreynold

There are lots of hotels, depends just how cheap you wanted and also whether you wanted to stay on the beach or in the town itself ?

RE: RE: accommodation in Hua Hin

by globis

thanks
want to stay within 5 min drive from the city centre
price range 30-50 US per night incl brakfast

Kite surfing Hua Hin

by funtiger

I will visit Hua Hin over new years. I was told the wind and beach is good there. And Thai people are so anchanting anyway.

Is there a kite surfer center in the area?
Which would be a good value for money place to stay?
Which would be the nice and still less populated beaches in the area?
Anything in particular I should pay attention to, since I have not been in that area before?

Some insights from people who know the place would be very nice. Thanks

Re: Kite surfing Hua Hin

by stedeb

Hi Hua Hin is beautiful and peaceful you only need to walk a short way down the beach to find your own private piece. We have been several times and stayed in various hotels. There are quite a few cheap guest houses down the streets but we prefer a hotel seeting with a pool. We have stayed at the Sirin we paid 1000bt for a double room with breakfast very clean and comfortablel. Across the road are a couple of cheaper hotels haven't stayed but have been and had a look Jed Pee Nong and I am not sure of the one next door both clean and cheaper than Sirin. Sorry can't help with the kite surfing. If you want some quiet time this is the place but we did notice on our last visit in July 03 that there are more bars and bar girls around than there were 2 years ago.

by Mahieu

A couple of months ago, I stayed at Takiab Beach, just outside Hua Hin. Very very calm! I don't know if it's suited for kite-surfing.
Enjoy!

by funtiger

Thanks for the tips.
It was great, had a fine time and Kite surfing was good, just the wind was a bit low, but according to the others I was just unlucky.
Cheers, Markus

by KiteboardingThailand

There is excellant Kitesurfing / Kiteboarding in Hua Hin. The season is from November until May, with excellant winds and conditions throughout this time.

If you visit our website at www.kiteboardingasia.com there is more info.

We also have an excellant location in Koh Samui.

Regards
Brett

by kiffy

hello there, i am thinking of going to hua hin in september. how did your kitesurfing go? you have any good recommendation?

Comments