83 / 181 Soi Nongkae Village, Hua Hin, 77110, Thailand

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Mantra Resort

Hua Hin Mantra Resort Thailand

by Ronario about Hua Hin Mantra Resort

Hua Hin Mantra Resort a contemporary Thai style boutique hotel offers a simple and peaceful living in tropical surroundings which perfectly reflecting Hua Hin way of life.

Hua Hin Mantra ResortHua Hin Mantra Resort

South Hua Hin BeachSouth Hua Hin Beach

Old Germany restaurantOld Germany restaurant

Hua Hin Sam Roi Yot National ParkHua Hin Sam Roi Yot National Park

Help for My Honeymoon!!

by Gilza123

Hi Everyone! Looking for some advice on my honeymoon next April. Have heard that Hua Hin is nice and I am about to book the Hyatt Regency - can anyone offer advice on this hotel and Hua Hin in general. Does anyone know what the beach/sea is like next to the Hyatt? What is the weather like in Hua Hin at the beginning of April? Really appreciate help with this as I am trying to plan a special holiday and need as much help as possible!!

by johnaalex

Although there are some nice beaches to the south of Hua Hin the beach in Hua Hin itself is nowhere near the best Thailand has to offer. The weather in April will be hot and there is always the possibilty of an occasional thunder shower as the rainy season approaches. Hua Hin is one of the quieter Thai resorts and is popular for that reason.

Regards

John

by grumphy

There is only one hotel in hua hin for central position and five star sevice.For a honymoon thats the Hilton.

by NitNoy

They Hyatt and the Hilton are nothing special. If you want to stay in a hotel, check out the Sofitel.

For something a little different, check out this place.

by pjdubai

We are heading to the Sofitel in Hua Hin at the end of next week. This has been recommended by a friend who lived in Hua Hin for two years. She said it was the best place in town. If you drop me an email at the beginning of November I will let you know what we thought.

PJ

by grumphy

I am not knocking the softiel you said honeymoon. why go to a old codgers hotel. the guy that rubbished the hyaat and hilton bet he never stayed in any of them. the softiel was in the movie the playing fields that was a long time ago. trust me the hilton is the place. enjoy grumphy

by NitNoy

I've stayed at the Hilton. It's just another big hotel. You're right, I haven't stayed at the Hyatt, but that's because there are better places to stay in Hua Hin, with the Sofitel being one of them. I also gave another suggestion that might be better than the Sofitel, but haven't been able to stay there yet.

by Gilza123

Hello from Scotland! Thanks Everyone for your replies!
Will check out some other hotels in Hua Hin - Also looking at Koh Samui - so please reply if any of you have been to Koh Samui! Can any of you recommend somewhere to stay for a Honeymoon?

Thanks!
Gillian

by NitNoy

I really enjoyed staying at Coral Cove Chalet on Samui. I didn't want to be in the busy towns of Chawaeng and Lamai, so this was a good alternative that's only 10 minutes away.

by johnaalex

Although I have stayed there, I have been to Poppies on Chaweng and suggest you have a look at http://www.poppiessamui.com/

Regards

John

by grumphy

i stayed in k o samui 15 years ago it was paradise. but today its booming mainly taken over by german expats. its very popular with european tourist.
and tranvestites. if you go make certain you go to chaweng beach. check out the beachcomber hotel. have a look at patong merlin hotel and holiday inn hotel phuket h/inn 1st choice good luck grumpy

Travel Tips for Hua Hin

Local bus to other places nearby

by Wann

This orange bus is the distance bus go further out from Hua Hin, start from Hua Hin market in town to Khao Toa, Suan Son Beach and Pranburi. They service from 7.00 to 5.30 pm every 20 min (10 baht for ticket all distances )

Sunrise over Hua Hin

by yen_2

As Hua Hin is in the east coast of the gulf of Thailand, sunrise in there is very pretty. Wake up early morning, jog along the side of the white sanded beach and take some sunrise pics..It's worth it!

The photo was taken from the window in our hotel. Very beatiful scenery, just viewed it from the window..

Lighthouse

by syllybabe

Because Hua Hin has all these rocks on the coastline, there's a lighthouse to keep the boats away from the shore.

At night, you can see the lights from the boats in the distance as you sit on the shore. I imagine it can be quite romantic if you're with someone special.

I doubt if Bing and Toots enjoyed it, though. He enjoyed his Thai massage more.

A laid back seaside town

by jrs1234

Hua Hin isn't a place you'd go for for a stunning beach - you'll need to look further afield for that. But it's usefully close to Bangkok, and it's a pleasant seaside town, with enough to keep you occupied, and a good selection of hotels and restaurants. One big plus point is that the centre of town is on a small enough scale to make walking around a sensible proposition, even in the daytime heat.

Comments