Putahracsa Hua Hin Hotel

Booking.com Splendia.com Asiatravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Putahracsa Hua Hin Hotel

The Putahracsa is great!!

by TripAdvisor Member Karobra

The Putahracsa is great!
We loved it. One of the most beautiful, relaxing and in-style resorts I have ever stayed at…and I travel a lot.
We were quite stressed when we arrived, but the friendly staff and the calming surroundings quickly gave us peace of mind. The hotel is very stylish, perfect…after my taste. You will not find gold and shiny surfaces, but everything is kept in a natural style, fabrics, wood and concrete. The colours are kept in white, off-white, beige and wood. We had our room cleaned twice a day, they even removed hair from my hairbrush. The VERY romantic seaside restaurant had delicious food, great view of the beach and ocean and the price level was very reasonable. Cheaper then many restaurants in town, but in a completely different league. The location was also great, a 5-7 minutes walk to centre. You have “your own” beach and don’t need to travel to the beach where all the crowded tourist are. The Putahracsa has the chill-out/lounge style and feeling, playing low calming music from the speakers located around and in the lawn. Maybe a bit boring and nice for child families, but perfect for the rest of us that need to relax and enjoy each others company in calming surroundings (without noisy children). This was what I needed, now my batteries have been charged at the Putahracsa and I am ready for work again.

Great service mind

by TripAdvisor Member bjerre

My wife and I just came back from a 3 days stay at Putahracsa Hua Hin and loved it. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed, we found the staff to be very service minded and professional. The attention to details, the customer service, the friendliness made this experience unforgettable. We found the management to be very attentive to our needs and responsive to our requests. Thank you to the Putaharcsa team and to the manager for a memorable stay, we will be back very soon with family and friends.

This was top class

by TripAdvisor Member Norrsken

My wife and I have visited Thailand every year for over 20 years and we have tried many different hotels in the Hua Hin area - high price and low price. This time we tried the Putahracsa Hua Hin and we were extremely happy with that decision.

For us (60+) the location, a little off from the busy center, was ideal. Walking distance (there is a hotel transportation if you want to use that) from the center but nice and quiet around the hotel. The design of the hotel is modern, clean and open. The rooms were big and very nice and equipped with everything you need with very comfortable beds. We tried one night in the Ocean villas and that was very special.

Pool areas clean and spacious and close to the rooms - something I appreciate.

The restaurant provided excellent food and service with all meals.

The professional and friendly service we got at this hotel will never be forgotten. I recommend Putahracsa strongly.

Gustaf von Blixen, Sweden

Best place to stay in Hua Hin

by TripAdvisor Member ChaiThai

I love Thailand, the Thai people and I love staying at the Putahracsa hotel whenever I am in Hua Hin. I happend to be the first guest in one of the Sansky Villas and I was very happy to have returned December 2007 and again in January 2008.

I am not going to explain the entire hotel's infrastructure. The hotel's website does that very nicely. Please have a look at [--]. I also enclosed some pictures that I took in January 2008. They show the Sansky villas and the pool in front of them.

I love to stay in the Sansky villas. The villas are a bit separated from the rest of the hotel and share their own pool. The villa's interior is equipped with tastefully selected furniture. Among it, a huge twin bed, that belongs to the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Cleanliness is a fact and not a promise.

In front of the villa you can chill out on a nice and big bed, and there is another one located on top of the villa. There is plenty of room to hang out and relax. For those who can't be without internet connection like me, the hotel offers WLAN free of charge. It's not bad to hang out in your bathing suit while checking your emails, isn't it!

I was very happy to see most of the staff still working there since my first stay in fall 2006. Some of them became friends and I am still in contact with them.I never felt like just being a guest.A little chat there and there - it's just the Thai way! The staff is always very friendly and very helpful. And so is the hotel's general manager Mr Richard Mehr. The staff at Putahracsa is a great and very motivated team.

The hotel is like an oasis close to the center of Hua Hin. It takes a 10 minutes walk to get to the center, or you can use the hotel's courtesy tuk-tuk to bring you there. The hotel is surrounded by a wall that protects your privacy. Inside, the entire hotel area is like a beautiful tropical garden, and you forget very easily that you are in the middle of Hua Hin!

The Putahracsa also provides a restaurant called "Nahb Talay". It's a 50 meters walk outside the main hotel area. The food is excellent and not expensive. Hua Hin offers a huge selection of restaurants. But if you are into Thai fusion food, Thai food with European elements, I would not miss it for the world!

I hope to be back at the Putahracsa again very soon!

Promises Not Kept

by TripAdvisor Member faranghusband

After reading the review written December 10th, 2007 we’ve called the hotel about the construction noise and we were promised a suite not affected by noise. Well, Oceanbed Pool Villa 404 is facing the construction. Out of the five villas of this type there is just one not facing construction, the street or both. As for the nature of the construction on the adjacent lot, local residents told us that they are building a hotel / guesthouse. There are frequent changes to the design, so completed parts are noisily removed again and again. This is going on for one year now and nearby businesses are suffering. When we were there in late March, they were installing windows, so maybe the worst noise is over soon.

The hotel website promised a private pool measuring 3.5 x 11 meters. No way. After my complaint, the website was changed and it now states that the pool is 20m2 which is correct. No comment or apology from hotel management about this or about any other complaints / suggestions. And pool sizes for other villa types are still misleading as is the size of the Jacuzzi - certainly not 1.8 x 1.2m.

The price of the Thai massage was incorrectly stated on the website at 400 Baht++ / hour when the correct price is 500 Baht++. Was also corrected now. Btw, still a good price and an excellent massage.

Putahracsa promises “unique” minibar prices. I leave it to the reader if 120 Baht for an orange juice is cheap or not. 20 Baht buy a larger bottle at nearby 7-eleven.

Last rant: We were never contacted by management or a butler (do they actually have one?) during our 7-nights stay.

We have still very much enjoyed our holidays at Putahracsa. The pool villas offer lot of space for a family. They have an open architecture. Some might say that they lack privacy. We prefer this layout to the prison-like compounds at many other pool villa resorts. The equipment was excellent, in particular the 37 inch LCD TV with perfect picture quality, the espresso machine and free wi-fi.

The beach in front of the hotel was wide at all times. Not brilliant, but good for swimming and shelling. No jellyfish, no beach vendors but some broken beer bottles and a few stray dogs. We were told that the beach disappears for about 3 months each winter and that jellyfish are plentiful after bad weather.

About hotel restaurants: Nahb Talay has excellent Thai food at reasonable prices. Western food is mediocre at best. Oceanside has a similar but more limited Thai/Seafood/Western menu. Not as good as Nahb Talay. Better walk up the beach to the north for 3 minutes where Duke’s offers better food for less in a similar beachfront setting. Breakfast is served at Sala Monsoon. The buffet is good considering the limited size of the hotel, I would say solid 4-star standard. I still don’t know why we were supposed to eat melons when local mangos are in season. Tip: Buy mangos from the street vendors, restaurant staff will cut and serve them nicely.

There is not much of interest close to the hotel, basically a 7-eleven, a local laundry (recommended) and Rashnee center with a tiny silk village, a huge souvenir shop, an upscale tailor and a good restaurant. Pier Restaurants and Hua Hin night market are a 15 minutes walk from Putahracsa. Tuk Tuk service to town (but not to Market Village) is provided by the hotel for free while Tuk Tuks from town / Market Village back to the hotel all charge 100 Baht now.

It’s not easy to find a villa with a real private pool (not just plunge) at halfway reasonable prices in Thailand. Putahracsa has a competitive product. For a regular room in Hua Hin, I’d choose the Hilton which is a better hotel in a better location for a similar price.

Loved the staff

by TripAdvisor Member nives70

We have just returned from 10 days at the Putahracsa in Hua Hin. It was our first trip to Thailand with our 15 month old daughter and we were a little bit anxious as to how this is all going to plan out. We shouldn't have worried at all. The resort was very baby-friendly. The hotel provided us with all necessary baby accessories such as cot, baby bath, steriliser, high chair, even toys (its kids DVD library is very good). We booked the Sansky Villa which was perfect for us as it was located right beside the swimming pool which we shared with 5 other villas. The Villas are very spacious with a good-sized bedroom and a small sitting room, perfect when baby was asleep and we wanted to chill out in the sitting room and watch some TV/movies. A day bed is located just outside the villa beside the pool which is very handy for lounging around or playing with the baby. The villa also has an upstairs. The swimming pool was the right size and our daughter loved paddling around it. The rooms, pool and surroundings were kept immaculately and no request was too much for the staff. What really made the resort so special was its staff. They were incredibly friendly and loved to spend a few moments with our daughter. The staff at the reception always played with her if they were not too busy. They carried her around, showed her the pond with the fishes etc. We even took advantage of the babysitting services Putahracsa offered. One of the girls from the reception babysat for us. And our daughter loved playing with her and we felt that she was very well looked after.

Breakfast was very good, although a little bit on the expensive side. We ate one evening at the Oceanside Restaurant - the food was very good, unfortunately, our daughter wanted to play all the time in the sand so we could not really enjoy it. The treatments at the Spa were very good and good value - we both had a Thai massage and I also got a pedicure.

I would certainly recommend the resort to our friends and I would have no hesitations in going back there.

Mixed feelings

by TripAdvisor Member garmic57

We stayed at the Putahracsa in mid-August for a week end. The resort consists of 2 independent units on either side of a road. Only the bungalows on the beach side have more or less direct access to the beach. Having booked a „Silk Sand Room“, we had to cross the road to get to the Oceanside Restaurant and the beach, a 3-minutes walk. It’s easy though since the road is very quiet, and there is even a hotel-employed traffic warden. However I would have liked to be aware of this before booking.

They try very hard to be perfect – maybe a little too hard. At every corner and every moment there is an employee greeting you with a “wai” – it almost becomes a bit annoying. I found the soft music at the beach bar rather unnecessary – living in noisy Bangkok, I appreciate complete quietness when on holiday, and anyway I’m totally against this odd habit of playing silly music everywhere. However, the manager had it tuned down after my complaint, despite the fact that the music is “part of the concept”.

Rather than this stylish, big, and very impractical wicker chair in my room I would have preferred a comfortable chair and a table. When I wanted to peel a fruit I had to do it standing.

Forget the beach in this part of Hua Hin: it is not nice, there are no umbrellas, and the water is so muddy that nobody cares to swim.

One must however do justice to this resort: It is very professionally managed, the staff is very friendly and helpful (having breakfast after hours was not a problem), the rooms and the whole surroundings are beautiful and very quiet, the 2 pools make up for the poor beach. Everything is impeccable.

Problems

This hotel consists of two parts separated by a road. This review concerns the "villa" part of the hotel near the beach.

We stayed at an "Oceanbed Pool Villa". By definition a villa is a free-standing house. What we got was the ground floor of a small rowhouse with an upper storey that held another guest room. The immediate concern was the construction site right next to the house (see Photo 1). Thai workers works 7 days per week, so the fact that we were there on a weekend gave no reprise from the noise which was penetrating. The construction work has been going on for a long time (see the review by ckerr, London, of January 2007) and will obviously be going on for some time still. As the private pool and jacuzzi faced to that side, a peaceful swim or soak were impossible. Several houses face this side of the compound, so beware.

While the hotel compound with the "villas" is next to the sea, there really isn't any beach (see Photo 2). Even at low tide only a narrow strip of sand can be seen. Guests who like to lie on the sand have to go elsewhere or use the sandbox that is provided on the hotel grounds,

The room was large enough, with a kingsize bed. The bed is designed in such a way that it is surrounded by a ledge and has a space behind the headboard (see Photo 3). That means that the light switches on the wall next to the bed cannot be reached without getting out of bed.

The cockroach is not on the picture. There was a big cockroach on the bed when we came back to the room on our first night. It quickly scrambled to its hideaway as cockroaches do. I'm by no means squeamish - I have shared a hotel room with cockroaches before. A tropical country like Thailand is home to big cockroaches and they can be expected if you live on the ground floor. I don't expect them in a five star hotel, though. We received a written apology from the manager with a small present of incense - perhaps to smoke out the cockroach.

The air conditioning is aimed directly at the bed. For us this led to feeling alternately cold (when the air conditoning was cooling) and hot (when it was not). The choice of pillows provided didn't help. They all seemed to be synthetic and made us feel sweaty and uncomfortable.

A Bose music stand with an iPod Nano was provided and of course you can connect your own. The Bose system had occasional dropout problems. The volume control in the bathroom had only two settings: off and too loud. The widescreen LCD TV was adequate. Cable TV was provided with a reasonable choice of channels. The DVD player was connected to the LCD by the standard video output and consequently the picture quality was bad. The remote control units for both the TV and DVD player were unresponsive.

There was free wireless Internet, not very fast but usable. If you bring your laptop, be prepared to put it on your lap. There was no table in the room. There was one on the patio, but the glare from the sunlight made it next to impossible to use the laptop as the patio faced to the south. There was only a flimsy sun screen provided which didn't serve its purpose. All passers-by will also see you. Yes, the patio was facing the common grounds with guests and staff walking by all the time.

The private pool and jacuzzi are not really private. It is easy to step up to the patio and walk behind the house to the pool area. The jacuzzi only had three water jets, no air bubbles as you might expect. The waterjet control was temperamental. There was no rack to hang bathing suits for drying.

The bathroom was large, with shower only. The hot water at the sink didn't work.

The breakfast was included in our deal, but it usually isn't. The seaside restaurant serves only à-la-carte breakfast. The breakfast buffet at the main hotel restaurant across the road was good, with a fine choice of mainly western type items.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KanokC

Nice Hua Hin hotel, very close to Hua Hin night market if you care for night shopping. The hotel is divided by a road. The beach side is where pool villas located. The hotel provide free Wi-Fi which cover most of the guest rooms.

Recommend to try their spa.

Nice and Quiet

by TripAdvisor Member WinnieMacau

A very nice and relaxing resort, with natural and contemporary decorations. I love the terrace outside the roomand the day bed. The service of the staff is very good.

Day spa gift for my step-mother

by tmashford

Can anyone recommend a good but not too expensive day spa in Hua Hin. My dad and step-mother have just moved to Hua Hin but they do not have much knowledge of the area yet. It's my step-mothers 50th birthday and so I'd like to treat her to a treatment or two at a spa. I live in Australia so would need to pay online if possible.

Many thanks, Theresa.

Re: Day spa gift for my step-mother

by tistra