4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 230% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Mali_05's Profile Photo

Panviman, one of the best resort in Koh Chang

They are great. Helpful and friendly staffs. I got a worm welcome from them when i arrived. Place is beautiful and quiet. By the way, access road is dirt road. Somebody doesn’t like. But it’s ok for me, coz it just take about 5-10 minutes long (up to driver)

More about Panviman Resort Koh Chang

Location, Location

by Gow01

I will be staying on Ko Chang in a party of 4 adults and 2 teenagers this December 2005. I am debating whether to stay at the Panviman resort or the Amari Emerald cove. Which hotel is best situated for accomodation and the availability of night life, by the way of restraunts and bars. Any information would be gladly received.

RE: Location, Location

by koh_chang_farang

Go for the Amari.

Panviman is a better place and the beach here is far quieter and nicer . . . but the only nightlife nearby is one beach bar. It's a 15 minute walk down an unlight dirt track to get to ther main road.

The Amari has a few restaurants and bars nearby and is only a couple of minutes from the roadside. It's also only around 15 mins walk down ther road into Kai Bae where you'll find loads of places to eat/drink etc

Ko Chang (Amari Emerald Cove or Barali Beach)?

by BrandyG

Hi

Have you stayed at either Amari Emerald Cove or Barali Beach on Ko Chang? If so, what did you think?

My fiance and I are gettting married in Bangok and want to have a ceremony on the beach when we get to Ko Chang, so we want the most idyllic beach and location to stay.

As Amari Emerald Cove has not long opened, we are unable to find many reviews.

So if you can help, we will appreciate this muchly.

If you have got married in Ko Chang, maybe you can tell us how you organised this.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Re: Ko Chang (Amari Emerald Cove or Barali Beach)?

by sarahreynold

The Barali is very nice but the best is the Panviman resort, to get most recent information perhaps try on Beachsiam and click on Koh Chang list and take a look at most recent reviews, I think the Panviman would be better organised but it's more expensive.

RE: Ko Chang (Amari Emerald Cove or Barali Beach)?

by Jorg100

You have probably sorted this out by now but if you haven't I was also looking at the Barali beach however i found losts of comments about it which didn't inspire me with confidence!! I was guided to a website www.iamkohchang.com which seems to have really good and honest reviews. We ended up going to the Koh Chang cliff resort as a middle of the road option, but if it was my wedding I would be looking for something really special.

Good Luck

Honeymoon in Jan 2005 - need suggestions

by pssrini

Hi

Me and my fiancee are travelling to thailand in Jan 2005 on our honeymoon for 10 days.

. We are not keen on nightclubs or bars ..prefer more quiet , be with nature and enjoy the beach. I have planned to be in Koh Chang for 5 nights and in Bangkok for 4 nights

Iam planning to stay at Panviman resorts . Has anyone stayed there ? Do you have any other recommendations.

Also, where would you recommend staying at bangkok

Is there any alternate place for koh chang that you can suggest which should not be too far from bangkok ( i want to minimize travelling time)

Your help would be deeply appreciated

thanks
Srini

Re: Honeymoon in Jan 2005 - need suggestions

by beaniezotzim

Panviman is up on a bluff and on either side of it are beaches, you have Thaan nai pan YAI and Thaan nai pan NOI. if you stay at Panviman, you have to walk down a hill to get to the beach. quite honestly it seems a bit expensive from what Ive seen compared to the other resorts and what they have to offer on either NOI or YAI. (I have never stayed there so I can't give it a thumbs up or down) I do have some OTHER ACCOMODATION SUGGESTIONS if you want to be CLOSE to the beach. on the NOI side, I would chose Baan Panburi resort. very nice, relaxing, right on the beach, romantic (my husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon - if you want to see a picture of the bungalows there, check out my ko Phangan page under accomodations) or on the YAI side, I would suggest Candlehut, on the end of the beach, closest to panviman resort. I hope this helps and I congratulate you on your marriage!

Re: Re: Honeymoon in Jan 2005 - need suggestions

by pssrini

Thanks.

I was referring to the Panviman at Koh Chang.

Will check out you Koh Phangan page and read up your recommendations

Srini