Hat Kai Mook, Thailand

Satisfaction Poor

More about Ko Chang

Fishing boats of Ban Salak KokFishing boats of Ban Salak Kok

Bar and cafes in White beach, Koh ChangBar and cafes in White beach, Koh Chang

quickly polished off!!quickly polished off!!

Lonely Beach, The Tree HouseLonely Beach, The Tree House

Transport Options to Ko Chang

by LesleyC

I'm coming from KL to Ko Chang on 26 Jan and prefer to avoid Bangkok. Does anyone know if planes go direct to Trat from KL?

Other alternatives: I gather there is a train from Ekhamai although I can't see it goes anywhere near Trat. Does anyone know please?

Re: Transport Options to Ko Chang

by mim95

There is no train service to Trat. You can fly there from BKK or take the bus from Ekhamai station. Very frequent service. We missed a bus and the next one is scheduled to leave in half an hour. It is a long journey though, so you should leave BKK in the morning.

Re: Transport Options to Ko Chang

by phichai54

hi there
you can go train fom hai yai city,songkhla province,arrive in the morning,and go to akga mai bus station departure 07.45 and 09.45 am direct to ferry of kho chang ,ticket 195baht

Travel Tips for Ko Chang

Koh Chang, for the backpacker, or is it?

by SumTingWong

Koh Chang is now a cheap retreat for Thai people and backpackers. It gives beautiful beaches to the people who cannot afford suck places as Phuket, Koh Samui, or Pattaya. Right now Koh Chang is protected as a national park, but this may change soon. I heard from an American organization working in Koh Chang that the Thai Government has plans to turn Koh Chang, one of Thailand's last natural unspoiled paradises, into an expensive tourist island. This is quite scary, to be honest. We must save out Koh Chang!

Contact the Koh Chang Group for more info and to help at: kohchanggroup@yahoo.com

Thanks!

SWIMMING

by SumTingWong

Koh Chang is Thailand's second largest island and there is a whole lot of ocean and beach. Koh Chang in located in the Gulf of Thailand, Pacific Ocean. The water is EXTREMELY warm! Swimming is a lot of fun. The water is shallow for several meters out, but be careful the tides are strong! Goggles/mask would be good so your eyes dont get salty. On another note, you can be arrested in Thailand for nude bathing, it's against the law.

GOOD FOOD

by mamasan69 about CHI CHET RESTAURANT

Even though we stayed at their bungalows, we never ate here all that much during our stay. However, the few times we did come here were very good.
The view from the restaurant provides a great view of the bay and beach area. Most of our times here were rushed (like when we were waiting for our elephant trek), we had leave before we could really enjoy anything. The day of our trek we were told we could have breakfast, but the taxi arrived when we first got our meal. Lucky we were able to get our lunch "to go" and made it on time to start the trek.
The staff was very good and didn't mind our quick stops at times and were extra nice when we had a little more time to spend.
I think I will try this place again in the future, mainly to experience the view from the beach side tables, and possibly enjoy a qiuet night out with my lady. I didn't get a chance to try much from the menu here, but the food that I did try was very good. I had my usual garlic pork with rice, while my girlfriend had fried noodle or spicy seafood salad. The meals were priced very nice with mine costing around 60 bht and my girlfiends 40-60bht.

Waterfalls in the National Park

by SumTingWong

The National Park in Koh Chang is home to some really cool waterfalls. The water is really cold but you can go swimming anyway. You can also do a little cliff diving (about 6 meters) into the pool under the falls. There are some fish so you may want to being some goggles. There are some cool relaxing spots around the falls too. Note that there is an enterence fee to get into the national park. If you are a student and have a student ID you can get a discount, if not the fees are NEGOCIABLE and will run you about 200 Baht p/p.

Sunset at the beach

by sachara

Not only the sunrise, but also the sunsets were breathtaking at the beach. The sky was colouring bright orange at the moment the sun disappeared after the peninsula. While sitting at the beach and enjoying the views and atmosphere, especially at the last evening, I felt melancholy because it would be also my last evening in Thailand.....

I stayed at the beach till dark with my own feelings and thoughts. We had also our dinner at the beach. After dinner I stayed at the beach again for hours, forgetting the time, while enjoying the sea and the sky full of stars..... feeling happy and sad at the same time.

Comments