Ao Hin Khok, Thailand

Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Koh Samet

I first stayed in this bungalow three years ago (back in 2003), at the time the room only cost 800 a night for an air con room. It is now 1500 on the weekends and 1200 on the weekdays. I don’t mind the price so much. I understand that they need to make a living and some profits. But I just got back from this bungalow this afternoon and ohmigod it was the worst stay on an island ever! The staffs were so unhelpful and rude! They don’t really know how to smile. The waiters didn’t want to serve me, just because I’m a man and do not have big ***. I waited for five full minutes this morning before one of them gave me a menu! Of course, they were busy talking to each other. But you might enjoy staying here if you are a beautiful lady and love to wear bikini in the restaurant, they love that. Well, just to be fair, the food is good here and the BBQ is excellent. And what’s all that with transferring the money to their account first before you make a booking? Have I mentioned the mosquitoes? There are thousands of them and the staffs refused to give me a mosquito coil! They believe that the coil might burn their place down! Seriously! I couldn’t use the balcony at night because of the mosquitoes. Each time I want to go in (and out) of my room, I had to run. And they don’t care to fix their TV anymore, I only got the Thai channels and non-English channels, not even a BBC or CNN. I really wouldn’t recommend this place at all. Next time I go to Samet, I’ll go somewhere else. It’s a shame really. This used to be such a nice hotel but not anymore. If you want to enjoy your stay, please go somewhere else.

Comments