Pattaya Hotels

Our Members Say

• goutammitra profile photo goutammitra
  • Reviews: 1305

SUNCITY PATTAYA: Please Avoid This Hotel While in Pattaya

Let me share our only shocking experience in Pattaya. I am putting the excerpts of my mail sent to SOTC, my travel operator in India.

The next two day went as per schedule with all of us more or less satisfied with the tour itinerary. However, when we reached Pattaya on third day evening, we found to our utter surprise that we are being kept in a lousy hotel called Sun City run by an Indian Origin Sardarji, is stead of Royal Orchid ( which is a real star category hotel). Many of us objected there to check in and wanted to see the promised hotel first but since it was late in the evening ( The late caused by the local tour operator by taking us to Gems factory and Pattaya tower hotel ( which was unannounced) for tower ride for more than 2 hours, in stead of Tiffany's show, which we visited next day). The rooms were of very ordinary type and so was their dinner, however we have no complains about their breakfast.

Real shock was waiting for us next day on 25th October'12 morning when we were checking out, we were slapped a bill for Baht 1000/- towards fine for staining their bed sheet, which was very small and washable, caused by my wife's new cotton night suit purchased at Pattaya. The stain was very small about 2 inch in diameter and could have washed off with the bleach they used in laundry. But they insisted , that it was not washable and we need to pay fine as per their club rule(?). This rule was never explained to us either by Ms.Cynthia or Mr.Anand or even the hotel people. We sought help from Ms.Cynthia, who had already departed with the earlier group in the morning , but she also could not help. Then we approached Mr.Abhimanyu Sigh their F&B manager as the GM Mr. Khim Soni was not coming out after repeated request. However, after one hour he came and we explained him the situation in detail that he can not charge us fine for 1000 Baht for a 100 baht old bed sheet, he said he can't change the rule and made a deal with us that we pay Baht 500 and go. Which ultimately we had to shell out but he kept the bed sheet with him saying that we need to pay Baht 1000 to take that old bed sheet with us. Another tour member Mr.Dhanania also had to face similar fate as he too had to shell out Baht 700 for a bed sheet smeared with pink tint, which we are sure would never have caused by any cloth. It was a hue coming form some old wash, which Mr.Khim Soni refused to entertain. The morning departers got scot free as there was no checking early in the morning. We were not given any bill for the money taken. I shall send a copy of this mail to Thai Tourism and Pattaya Tourist Department to make sure that my complaint is entertained and also project this incident to all the travel websites. We noticed that no one stays there except for Indian group tours. I was also approached by their Masseuse at 11.00 pm if I wanted their services in my room, which we don't mind as it is common practice in almost all hotels in Pattaya.

Let me mention here that we have traveled to 12 countries so far with Cox & Kings, SOTC ,Zenith and self, never before we had this kind of insulting experience in any of the rough cities like Cairo, Dubai, Vietnam, or in the several cruises we have under taken. I am sure many of the group members will share their bad experience with Sun City with you after their return. I am sure this will affect your business as most of travelers in the group are regular travelers. We were told by many of the fellow travelers that they will think twice to book their future trips with SOTC, only because of this substandard hotel called Sun City. Many also discussed, that they were deliberately delayed by the local tour operator so that we get tired and forced to stay in Sun City. I am sure, you will have to answer to many of your esteemed customers, now or in their future travels.
Update on 16.11.2012: After this mail was sent to SOTC, they sent a reply to me and also spoke to me regretting the incident and offering me back Baht 500 which was taken by Suncity Pattaya and a Future Travel voucher of Rs.5000/- for 3 of us to compensate us but never admitting that they have kept us in a Sub Standard hotel. I have declined the offer as I am a traveler and not in extortion business. I am reproducing below their reply:

Ref: - SOTC World Famous Tours to Far East – FAR133-211012A

Dear Mr. Mitra,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your family for traveling on our SOTC World Famous Tours to Far East- 2012. We are in receipt of your feedback dt 2nd November 2012 addressed to us and have note the same.

Having gone through your feedback, please allow us to present the following:

Bed Linen (Pattaya):
In reference to your feedback received regarding the amount paid for the stained bed linen as discussed our operations team has taken up the matter with the hotel. We will be refunding THB 500 @ 1.79 = INR 895 totally paid by you to the hotel. We request you to kindly revert with your acceptance and let us know in whose name you would like the cheque to be processed in.

Hotels stay (Sun City – Pattaya)
In reference to your feedback regarding the hotel stay, we wish to state that as a tour operator we accommodate our guests in hotel that offer good value for money. The hotel chosen for your stay is a 3 star category hotel however we have noted your feedback and will surely share the same with our supplier. We also ensure the same will be shared with our management while planning future tours.

Vehicle (Ayutthaya):
In reference to your feedback regarding the taxi to Ayutthaya, we wish to state that the excursion is not included in the itinerary and arrangemnts had to be done on tour with our supplier. We appreciate your comments on Cynthia and will surely share the same with her.

Not withstanding the above, as a special case of maintaing goodwill and with an intention of keeping good relations with our esteemed clients, we would like to offer you and your family a Future Credit Voucher of Rs.15000/- totally (Rs.5000/- per person). The voucher will be valid till 31st October 2013. This offer will be over and above any promotional offer prevailing at the time of booking for future tour. We request you to kindly confirm with your acceptance for us to process the same.

Thanking you once again, we would look forward to having the privilege of you and your family, travel with us again. Kindly feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care or branch for any future travel.

Kerry Pereira
Deputy Manager Customer Care
........................................................................................................................................
Outbound Division, Kuoni Travel India (Pvt) Ltd.
8 Floor, Tower A, Urmi Estate · 95, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg · Lower Parel (W)
Mumbai 400 013 · India
P +91 (0) 22 6614 2109 · F +91 (0)22 6614 2010 · mailto: kerryp@kuoniindia.com · www.kuoni.in · www.sotc.in

Dear Ms.Pereira,

Thanks a lot for your call and the mail. While appreciating your effort to close this issue, let me assure you that we won't need the Future Credit vouchers, as it was not our intention to get money from you.

Suncity Hotel: It's a lousy substandard hotel, which may offer you value for money, but not for the tourist. I shall use different forum to highlight this with facts and figures. The GM of Suncity Mr.Khim Sony, maintained all along that it's a four star hotel. We have stayed in many hotels in India and abroad we are fully aware what a four star should look like. I am enclosing a couple of pictures of Suncity for your kind reference. In the first picture, you will notice, there is a commotion as people were not ready to check in finding it substandard. There was almost a near fight situation between Mr.Anand Naik( SOTC Escort) and Mukherjee family, Dev family of Assam and Gupta family of Kolkata. This may be verified from them as you have all the contacts with you. The next photograph is of my room , very basic and small, the hotel in Bangkok ( Jazz Hotel) was a palace before Suncity!

The worst part was the way Mr.Khim Sony acted , as if, it was just like a Mafia Don, doing bargain for life. You pay Baht 500 and go was his attitude, I am making this relief for you. He also said,if I pay Baht 1000, then I can take the bed sheet along with me. Are they in travel / hospitality industry or in extortion industry. I still can't forget the nightmarish experience we had at Suncity! I just don't want this money back from them either!
I shall be using different forum for Suncity among the travel community world over.

Regarding arranging a vehicle, it was a request from my side to your local office, with whom we have very good personal relations. But they in turn send the request to Bombay office, who never communicated it to your Bangkok travel partner. it was a goof up and a lesson for me. I shall be careful next time I make a request to anyone.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written November 19, 2012

Sun City Hotel , Pattaya

Seven Zea chic: Great location on beach road

I stay on corner room with balcony and marvelous view on the beach, design hotel with zen style, large rooms with only bathtub, great view from the roof top pool, quality restaurant, highly recommended

Exclusive in a quiet place but not far from the busy soi 6, beach is about 150 meters, inside the hotel the white color is everywhere.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 16, 2012

View from the pool

• gaolei profile photo gaolei
  • Reviews: 287

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

LK Empress: Beautiful Hotel with a Dark Side

The LK empress is a new hotel on Beach Road Pattaya. The interior decor is just stunning. The rooms are beautiful, the price is good, the breakfast good, but there is a dark side. At 4 am, the doorbell rang. It took a few minutes to orient myself, but I found my way to the door. I opened it and there was a beautiful woman standing there. She said Massage, I said no, wrong room, and closed the door. I got to the bed and the doorbell rang again. I went to the door and told the woman again, wrong room. I got to the bed and it rang again. Now I was a bit angry. I told the woman in no uncertain terms she was in the wrong room.

I could not understand why the woman woke me until the next day. I told the clerk at checkout that the girl woke me at 4 am. She just shrugged it off and said, maybe she was lost. As I stood there I saw the duty manager hand a laminated sheet with girls' pictures to several middle eastern men who were checking in. She was letting them choose a "massage" girl for the night.

I am surprised that a beautiful 4 star hotel would promote prostitution from the front desk, by management, at 11am. The 2 and 3 star hotels in town never do this. Do they need the money so much that they have to run a prostitution ring? If they do, they are on the wrong track to 4 star status, even in Pattaya.

Beautiful! That's all I can say about the hotel, just beautiful. It also provides girls for you, so no need to search the clubs. A beautiful 4 star hotel with benefits!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written May 23, 2012

LK Empress Lobby

Baan Khun Nine: New hotel open 2011

I stay in a really large room with seaview, good restaurant and original pool

Large balconies, most room with seaview, great location on soi 2 beach road

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written July 31, 2011

Chaba Hut: Large garden in town

Good loaction in soi Buakhao, tropical garden with bungalows and really nice pool, my hut of 2 floors was with view on the pool from the rooms, extra large garden, really quiet place and good restaurant, near bars and gogos.

Good location in soi Buakhao, quiet and nice pool

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 31, 2011

Pool

• rafighi profile photo rafighi
  • Reviews: 41

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Baan Khun Nine Hotel: A Nice And Clean One!

It's a very nice and clean hotel located in Soi 2 in the famous beach road. 5 min. walk to beach, 15 min. walk to soi 6 and 2 min. by taxi to walking street.
Wireless internet is provided in all rooms. Breakfast is good. The hotel has a nice swimming pool. The front desk staff are warm and nice.

• Written June 8, 2011
Tip Photo

• morta profile photo morta
  • Reviews: 1

Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop: Budget accommodation

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com Rooms 500 baht per day with free wifi, tv, dvd player, separate lounge/bedroom, sofa, recliner, fridge, tea/coffee maker, balcony, large double bed, A/C, fan, in room safe, table chairs, great food and bookshop/book exchange.

Everything worked, fast wifi, secure, clean, great location, right on the baht bus route although everything is right on the doorstep and Walking street is 10 mins away.

The food is a good price and very good with all day English breakfast for 90 baht, less than 2 quid, the bookshop/book exchange is a great idea and by far the best in Pattaya, I sold some books there too but they also exchange for thiers and you receive 50% of the purchase price back in credit off the next book/s.

Great Location, great bunch of regulars mix of tourists and expats who knew just about everything.
Superb Bookshop

• Related to: Budget Travel, Golf, Singles
  • Written March 8, 2011
Tip Photo

• tattoomonster profile photo tattoomonster
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

stags head bar and guesthouse: lovely guesthouse a little gem

i stayed here feb 2010,we had three rooms 15,000 per room about 320 euro a month electric water included free wifi in room and bar,bar and rooms spotless,food menu minimal but quick and very tasty and cheap,large fridge in room with balcony table and two chairs,housekeeping lady very trustfull left my laptops out and jewellery no problems girls in the bar very friendly and courtious,highly recommend this budget accomadation on lk metro

market 5 mins up the road twice a week brilliant value

• Written March 15, 2010

• Ronario profile photo Ronario
  • Reviews: 160

S.S. Bangsaen Beach Hotel: Bangsaen Beach Hotel Pattaya Thailand

An outstanding seaside hotel surrounded by beautiful scenery. Of nature equipped with modern rooms and other convenient facilities.

• Written January 7, 2010

S.S. Bangsaen Beach Hotel

• Ronario profile photo Ronario
  • Reviews: 160

Anantaya Resort Pattaya: Pattaya Resort Thailand

Anantaya Resort provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home to ensure you immense pleasure throughout your stay.

• Written December 15, 2009

Anantaya Resort Pattaya

• daveoo profile photo daveoo
  • Reviews: 2

Canterbury Tales Cafe: Cafe & Bookshop

Good clean room with a four poster bed, good rates, rooms cleaned every other day but towels on demand, nice all day English breakfast, good main meals, in a great atmosphere.

Has a lot of cha rectors in as regulars for the whole day, you can find out almost anything from the mix of ex-pats and tourists, also the owner Dave is on the ball with info & help.

Also has a huge bookshop with book exchange, cheapest in Pattaya, all subjects, many languages, and all the Thailand related books

Budget rooms, book exchange, great location.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Golf
  • Written August 13, 2009

my bedroom I stayed in

• daveoo profile photo daveoo
  • Reviews: 2

Canterbury Tales Cafe: Cafe & Bookshop

Budget rooms, book exchange, great location.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 13, 2009

• gibbo555 profile photo gibbo555
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

nice place: hotel nice place

stayed at a hotel called "nice place" soi 10 second road skeaw beach, the owner is a scouser, stay away from this hotel it is not very good in fact nothing nice about it, he tried to charge me and my friend for maintence work in our rooms, then my pen fell behind my bed so i pulled it out, What a disgusting mess used condoms cockeroach casings , i dont think it had ever been hoovered, also we had things go missing from our rooms, when we complained he said "we shoulndt put temptation in their way" what were not supposed to unpack our cases.on the whole its run down shoddy and well out dated avoid like the plague.

• Written June 16, 2009

• Dave679 profile photo Dave679
  • Reviews: 7

Canterbury Tales Cafe: Budget Guesthouse, good food & Books

I was at this Guesthouse for 7 weeks and did a couple of trips to the Islands while there.

The room itself was recently renovated, has a seperate Bedroom and lounge, nice size altogether, has a safe neetly hidden in the wardrobe, FREE Wifi and speed although fluctuated was ok, nice sized TV & DVD player and the owners loan you free DVD's.

There is a sofa & reclining leather chair/& stool, good comfortable bed, clean and fresh, balcony where I watched some of the real Pattaya, all the normal extras such as en-suite hot shower, room service, large fridge,

Great bookshop with book exchange, 1000's of books, all subjects and even most foreign languages, Free DVD library also an added bonus.
Owners very helpful and friendly and helped me in all sorts of ways, something you dont get from the larger hotels.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Golf, Singles
  • Written May 25, 2009

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ruenjai boutique: Boutique at is best

Small boutique hotel, 9 rooms, 6 large with balcony, i stay in a small room with 4 poster bed and lovely bathroom. Great place in a quiet soi.

Perfect room with small kitchen.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons