329/4 Pratumnak Road, Banglamung, Pattaya, 20260, Thailand

Pattaya MapPattaya Map

Mini Siam in PattayaMini Siam in Pattaya

vegetarian food in Bangkok,Pattaya and Phuket

by vpas

I would appreciate any suggestions for places to eat vegetarian food in Bangkok ,Pattaya near Hill Resort and Phuket near Patong beach.
also any suggestions on places where we can buy take away vegetarian food to carry during our day trips
seetha

by RobSydney

It will be rare you will not be able to get good vegetarian food in any regular Thai restaurant. Green mango salad with peanuts? Pad Thai ( no shrimp) "phad thai jae", Tom Yum Hedt - tom yum with mushrooms, fried rice, morning glory with garlic (delicious),Phad kapow- basil and chillie.
Just look at the menu and choose the right dishes
"mai sai neua-sa" is i dont want meat I cant remember fish so you will have to ask another if you need to say "mai sai .....?"

by SirHalberd

If this is the right link Pattaya Hill Resort is not that close to Pattaya City. Being a little off the normal path for many tourists you may pay a little more for your transportation. Your hotel will have to recommend the nearest restaurant to you.

Pattaya is popular with Indian citizens and tourists from other countries who prefer vegetarian meals. There are several Indian restaurants available. Just walking around Pattaya 2nd Road and Beach Road you will notice them.

I am not a vegetarian but I have eaten here with a friend who likes this place. It was okay. I had vegetarian fried rice in a bowl made out of a scooped out pineapple.

Most food courts in malls will have a food counter with vegetarian meals.

by vpas

thank you all.we like thai food a lot,but only the vegetarian options that we get here in India!was not sure if there are such options there!!thank you again
michanpantoja,could you also please let me know where these are located?

by mim95

If you go on a day trip with a tour company, lunch is probably included and you can tell the company ahead of time that you prefer vegetarian, they should be able to arrange it for you. Otherwise, you can get easy food such as fried rice with veggies (khao pad pak) as packed lunch. Any restaurants can do it for you.

Travel Tips for Pattaya

Mike's Who?

by RoyJava about Mike Shopping Mall

We shopped with Royal Garden Plaza and my brother told us to go to Mike Shopping Mall (all AC). I didn't hear the name that well, so we went for Mike Soppy, thinking it was a little fun shop. Nope, Mike Shopping Mall is a 5 floors department store with a lot of junk not that fancy. Every floor has it own sellings, and the sellers really do their best to get some attention. For sure you may find something, there is plenty to buy, with some surprises, too. You do know it is fake, though sometimes you've seen something you cannot find again. Well, at Mike SHopping Mall I got lucky to find several things I was looking for (seen in Bangkok). Even between all of the junk stuff ... hooray!

And go for a great snack or bite on the 5th floor. Try the traditional Thai cuisine. Make your choise from the pictures on the wall... worth a try! 200 Baht for a t-shirt I looked for,... that is a surprise, hahaha ... and 500 Baht for a Diesel jeans... it is a joke!

Baht Bus

by bkarjee

Baht Buses are the most popular means of transport. I was under the impression that a lot of haggling needs to be done. But I observed, they are pretty clear about how much they have to charge. They wouldn’t budge from the fare they quote first. Probably because it was a peak season and they knew they will be getting passengers anyway. In terms of convenience, I will admit, they are better then cabs which are expensive and there we need to do more haggling.

Koh Larn Ferry can be Dangerous

by philiprburt

If you decide to go to Koh Larn by the public ferry (20 bht each way) be very wary of travelling on days of bad weather. You will be risking your life getting on and off the ferry on windy days. There is no gangplank on which to board. You just step from the pier onto the edge of the ferry.

I was in Pattaya on January 2nd 2008 and the weather was very windy causing the sea to have two to three meter swells. The ferry was bobbing up and down and slamming into and away from the pier. You had to judge the timing of your entry onto the ferry down to the millisecond. Definitely not for the disabled, unfit or aged. When it was time for the return trip from Koh Larn back to Pattaya, the weather had caused boarding the ferry to become very treacherous. I saw at least two people fall into the water when they misjudged their embarkation "leap". Some girls were crying with trepidation. On board the ferry I saw several people with severe gashes on their legs where the ferry had smashed into them whilst boarding. I will never go to Koh Larn again during rough weather.

Cruise In Hotel

by filipdebont

When you walk along beach Road, you can't miss this remarkable Hotel.

It is built in the shape of a Cruise ship, In fact now there are even two big cruise ships next to each other.

At my last visit there was only one big ship and now they build a new one next to it. It looks just great.

I haven't put this item in the hotel chapter, because I have never stayed in this hotel, I even never entered it. Like this I have no further info on this hotel. That why I post this in the "what to see" section.

Pattaya, Thailand

by calinchong

"Place you come for its serenity, and not expensive"

Pattaya, this is the place we must visit, for beach and sea! And for sure, serenity. It is another state of Thailand and it can be reached by road transportation from Bangkok. The journey takes about half a day. We stayed at Hard Rock Hotel. Nice hotel with best swimming pool (we like their poolside cabana, a nice, spacious sheltered hut by the pool), and of course the beach! But to be franked, we only reach the beach when we took up a tour package to Coral Island by ferry. We like the beach in Coral Island where you can have all the water sports like jet skiing, boating, and don't forget the parachuting which is my favourite! However, don't expect too much on their food though.. The seafood lunch provided by the tour is not good at all! Too simple and not so tasty. What to do, that the only option we had beside buying your own ice-cream sticks there!

Well, it is a not so bad experince. The trip made up by a good dinner we had at a restaurant at the central of Pattaya in the night! We feast on their local delicacies e.g. seafood TOM YUM soup, pineapple rice garnished with pork floss, baked fish and shrimps. The price we paid for this fabulous dinner was very reasonable, too.

Comments