Prachuap Khiri Khan Hotels

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 802

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dolphin Bay Resort: Dolphin Bay Resort

Pranburi is a district in the northern part of Prachuap Khiri Khan and it is only about a 40 kilometer drive south of Hua Hin. It is a very quiet location with lovely unspoiled beaches and the perfect place for exploring Sam Roi Yok National Park and the Pranburi Forest Park which has a spectacular mangrove forest where the river flows into the ocean.

We stayed at the Dolphin Bay Resort which is surrounded by Khao Sam Yot National Park which was used for many scenes from the movie The Killing Fields and a beautiful 5 kilometer beach. The bay is also a breeding ground for 20 pink and grey dolphins.

Our budget for hotels when we are on the road is normally around 1000baht a night, but Dolphin Bay looked so nice we happily paid 1590baht a night for a bungalow with sea and pool views. The only bad thing was they charge 1000baht per 24 hrs for internet!

We stayed here for a couple of nights and had decided we would stay longer until we woke up on our 2nd morning to what sounded like hundreds of children, looked out the window and sure enough a couple of busloads of families had arrived during the night, both pools were full of kids.

That’s it, we are out of here, but the hotel is fantastic for families, there are playgrounds, bike hire, pool tables, water slide, beautiful beaches etc and food and drinks at the restaurant are very reasonably priced.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, School Holidays
  • Written March 21, 2013
Tip Photo

Dolphin Bay Resort

• sarahreynold profile photo sarahreynold
  • Reviews: 279

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hadthong Hotel Prachuap Khiri Khan: Hotel in Prachuap Khiri Khan Town

The largest hotel in Prachuap Khiri Khan town which is about 100 km south of Hua Hin. Although not so many visitors travel through this town it is a lovely town to spend a night if you are beach hoping down the Sunrise Coast of Thailand. Very quiet town, the Hadthong Hotel Prachuap Khiri Khan provides comfortable air conditioned accommodation.

Do get a sea view room to enjoy the amazing view of the bay.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written September 6, 2008

• ericinternoscia profile photo ericinternoscia
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tangs Bed and Breakfast: Prachuap peaceful heaven

As I was Arriving from bangkok by train, a bit exhausted from the 3rd class train (168bahts and 5 hours) me and my cousin was helped by Bobby. He offered us a double room for 500 bahts; television w/cable, fan, refrigerator and hot water. The hot shower was welcomed!

After a soothing shower, I was hungry and the restaurant had a good choice of food (Thai and Western) I had kuay thiaw with chicken so good! I didn't stay out too late even if there was a giant screen in the outdoor restaurant.The bed was confortable and I wasn't bothered by moskitoes.

The staff is very helpful (in fact it is more than that I feel like we were there family or best friend). Bobby is the main guy, he will cater your every need. He will show you the different places to see and things to do. I can't wait to see the temple on top of the mountain where there's a lot of monkeys (hope they don't steal my camera!!!). The athmosphere of the town is very very relaxing. The people are really friendly.

Friendly staff (the best so far!!!)
giant screen (too bad they don't show Ice hockey well football is ok!)
Confortable, clean and modern rooms
Cable tv
Laid-back athmosphere
Again the service is awesome!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Seniors, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written January 18, 2007

• Myndo profile photo Myndo
  • Reviews: 956

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Beach Hotel: At the beach in Prachuap Khiri Khan

located at the Suan Son Beach, that lies in the north of the small city of Prachuap Khiri Khan.
The Hotel is a 2 story building, quite new. 20 Rooms with air condition.
The rooms were very clean, the view on the site at the mirror mountain very pleasant.
600 Baht for the room per night.

When we were there (January 2006) they were building in the back of the hotel, most probably an extension. We did not hear any noise from the building site, though.

Directly in front is the beach that was really deserted when we were there (obviously not weekend).
Good for swimming.
Nearby are some excellent fish and seafood restaurants, but if you have wheels, go into the city itself and to the night/food market. It´s much cheaper, fun and very good food.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Road Trip
  • Written March 5, 2006
Tip Photo

Golden beach Hotel Prachuap Khiri Khan

• dabuwan profile photo dabuwan
  • Reviews: 498

Yutichai hotel: Bedbugs invasion

It was a simple basic hotel in central Prachuap Khiri Khan, like many other others in Thailand, but probably I just had the wrong room.
My bed was full of bedbugs and my legs were itching so much I could not sleep. So I left the hotel at 3 a.m. and continued to sleep at the railway station.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive