111/1 Moo 10, Bang Saphan, Koh Talu Island Resort, 77170, Thailand
Koh Talu Island Resort
Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 126% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Prachuap Khiri Khan

MC Club Bar, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand.MC Club Bar, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand.

City Spire, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand.City Spire, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand.

Beer vendor, nightclub, Prachuap Khirikhan.Beer vendor, nightclub, Prachuap Khirikhan.

Tourist information centre, Prachuap Khirikhan.Tourist information centre, Prachuap Khirikhan.

transportation

by 1ashvanrooyen

How would I get from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Koh Samui and what is the best form of Travel? Thanks from South Africa

RE: transportation

by hindu1936

Just look like a tourist and there will be any number of "agents" willing to take you to your destination. Koh Samui is popular so there will be a lot of boats.

RE: transportation

by LES_GRAY

hi, i believe prachub kiri khan is a province, a boat from samui to surat thanni and a train up to hua hin, the surat to bangkok train stops at hua hin which is in prachub kiri khan , also it may seem crazy but a flight from samui to bangkok (one hour fifteen approx) and a taxi back down the coast about 3 and half hours would be quicker but expensive, curiosity but just exactly where are you heading for? les

RE: RE: transportation

by LES_GRAY

hi again, i misread your posting just reverse my answer lol les

Travel Tips for Prachuap Khiri Khan

Where the water falls.

by planxty

I did not see this place mentioned in my guidebook, but my Thai friend suggested a trip to the Huai Yang National Park and waterfalls, and a ver pleasant trip it was too. It lies about 30 km. South of PKK and is well signposted from the main Phetkasem Highway.

There are seven falls over a fairly steep ascent, although the walk up to them runs through very beautiful countryside. My friend and I started the walk up which was nice and gentle, but choked with absolute hordes of schoolkids. If I was stopped once to have my photograph taken with giggling 12 year olds, I was stopped twenty times, always very politely. It appears that having your photo taken with a very tall white man is part of a good school trip. It was quite fun.

By waterfall three, my friend had declared himself exhausted and said he would wait there if I wanted to go on. Well, I had the climbing head on now, so off I went. All was fine until waterfall five, when the path appeared to peter out. I picked what looked like it might be a path and started scrambling up through fairly thick forest, perspiring profusely all the while. The "path" came to an abrupt end at a cliff which did provide a decent view but was clearly as far as I was going.

Whilst slogging along in the heat I could not help but spare a thought for the troops who had to fight through conditions like this in the last war including a couple of my uncles, one of whom did not survive his POW captivity at the hands of the Japanese. As a little sidebar, it was at PKK that the Japanese invaded, on the same day as Pearl Harbour, thereby violating Thai neutrality. Slightly miffed at not making it to the top, I retraced my steps, collected my guide, and we returned to the bottom.

The signage is pretty good for the first few falls but if you want to make it to the top I suspect you ould need to ask directions at the office.

Admission is 100B for foreigners (20B for Thais) and a further 20B to park your scooter. If you are aiming for fall seven allow yourself a couple of hours and take plenty of water as there are no facilities away from the entrance and I wouldn't trust the water in the falls as being safe to drink. By it's very nature this attraction is not suitable for mobility impaired visitors.

Comments