99 Mu Ko Plup Phla, Ratchaburi, 70000, Thailand
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

More about Ratchaburi

hotels

by kvbofsandiego

With all the reading I have seen no hotels for staying over in Ratchaburi. Travelers suggest to make it easier to see the floating markets spend the night.. WHERE?

by tropicrd

If you google Ratchaburi Hotels you will find many websites for hotels and all types of accommodation near the floating markets.
You can also go into the Thailand members page and look for members who live in that area.

by kvbofsandiego

One hotel came up... Rachaburi Hotel, could this be all there is?
Karen

by tropicrd

Hi Karen,I thought there were a lot more sites and hotels than only one.
Give me a bit more time and I will have another check.
Regards Dorrise

by tropicrd

Hi Karen,I have done a search and you are quite right--I can only find one hotel in Ratchaburi!!so I see what you mean. I have searched a couple of sites .

thaihotelslinks.com/ratchaburi/index.php

Perhaps a Thailand member may have more knowledge and info.
Good luck

Regards Dorrise

Travel Tips for Ratchaburi

Damnoen Saduak

by tenluk

"Peaceful Canal sides"

Its far from the crowded Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak country side about 109 km South of Bangkok or 2 hours drive actually name of the canal dug in the reign of King Rama IV. this canal is very effective for agriculture and we can see coconut field .

"Canal sides"

Most people live along both sides of the canal and they are majority in agriculture.

"Floating Market"

Damnoen Saduak floating market becomes very famous day by day. A lot of tourist come to visit and it is crowded from 8 am to 11 am . Most of the people becomes the vendors selling fruit, handy carft, vegetable and Thai food. mm..... it looks yummy and the boat can stop if we would like to buy something.

Around the town of Ratchaburi

by Wann

I've been to Ratchaburi few times and many times pass by to other places in the south.
This time I went to Pho tha Ram, one district of Ratchaburi.
I was visiting Khao Cha Ngoom Royal Development Study Center.

See my travelogue page.

"Street scene in rainy day"

Danoen Saduak

by andrewyong

The authentic floating market

The Bangkok floating market today is just so touristy and, though I didn't go (after being given a run-down), I heard it's nothing more than a drain, with putrid smell hanging in the air and just boats selling souvenirs. The khlongs (canals) of Bangkok are all but almost gone with the expansion of the city into a metroplitan giant.

What I know, which I managed to persuade my friends to go along with me, is that the floating market selling vegetables and food on boats in khlongs has been shifted to Danoen Saduak in Ratchaburi Province, about 2 hours away south-west of Bangkok.

We took a guided tour there to releave ourselves of the hassle to find out the way ourselves since my friends were a couple, and the lady needed some luxury or so it seems.

However, though I was glad that I went there and ate some Thai staple breakfast consisting of noodle soup, one must be wary what the soup is made of since the coulour seem to reflect that of the khlong! hehehe... it smells all the same like any ol' drain

Floating Market

by shintarojon

"Damnoen Saduak"

Floating Market - is one of my favorite places I visited in Thailand. It is amazing to see small boats with tourist passengers on it buying woodcrafts and eating delicacies. I am sure; tourists who have seen this morning market will agree with me that this is definitely a one of a kind tourist attraction! I really enjoyed this week-end market though it is a little bit far from Bangkok.

You should not miss this. You can rent a boat for a 30-minute tour but be sure that you ask for a discount. If you are lucky enough, you can even rent it for 100 Thai baht and yet, you are the only passenger on it. It is necessary to be wise in renting the boat otherwise they will charge you higher! Anyhow, whether you pay higher or cheaper, a splendid pleasure from this floating adventure will tell you to visit this place one more time.

Rachaburi

by pattayaraj

The province on the west of Thailand. It's just 2-3 hours from Bangkok.
The attraction sites :
Mahathat temple.
The National museum.
Khu Bua ,historical city dated to Dvaravati period.
Etc.