60 Moo 4, Koh Samed, Tambol Phe, Amphur Muang, Rayong, 21160, Thailand

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Resort Hotel Koh Samet Thailand

For the active holiday makers...Sailing, windsurfing, snorkeling, diving, fishing, boating, sunbathing, swimming, bike riding or relaxing in your own tropics style cottage set in luxuriant greenery.

More about Ao Prao Resort

Best Hotel in Kho Samet

by nigelvc about Ao Prao Resort

I booked my trip through http://www.hotelthailand.com.au and stayed for 3 days - ferry ride direct to the hotel and everything was prepared for our arrival.
It is an unspoilt place - clean and friendly Beach is on your doorstep, Water is clear and unpolluted, there are fish everywhere in 5 meter from the shoreline - it is in a bay so very smooth water.

White Beach..

by yen_2

The most popular pier in Samet Island or it's where usually the boat will drop off the visitors is in "Na Dan" which envolves into a small village which is the Koh Samet Village but mind you there were lot's of 7-Eleven stores to the area. Quite a little island that the roads are very bad! Well, it's the closest point from Ban Phe, Rayong Province. Though, there are also other available piers in the island such as the Vongdern and the Ao Prao Beach Resort.
In Na Dan, as said earlier in my tips that are several pick-up trucks that are ready fro transporting visitors to the diffrent beaches around. The cost varies the distance but when we got there as we arrived around 7pm.Not much of visitors so, we paid 200baht/ride. It was alot but can't complain as it was getting dark and the road is as bad as it gets! Iwonder why didn't work that one...
Anyhow, the closest beach from "Na Dan" is the Saikaew Beach Resort which about 10 minutes ride to the rocky road. There are quite alot of beautiful beaches around the island...It depends on your budget and of course the availability of the place. When we went we didn't prepare of bookings so, we stayed in a small though a bit okey guest house! It has a lovely white beach...

Somebody been to Koh Samet??

by karin_kamphuis

Hello!

In november we finish our journey to Australia in Koh Samet (a small island at the coast of Bangkok).

We stay at Ao Prao resort. Does anybody have some information about the island / acivities / experiences, please let me know!!!

Thanks very much,
greetings Karin!

Re: Somebody been to Koh Samet??

by globerover

Re: Re: Somebody been to Koh Samet??

by karin_kamphuis

thanks, i did search the vt-web, but with koH samet I found nothing!!
I explore the stories, thanks!

Re: Re: Somebody been to Koh Samet??

by yen_2

Ao Prao Resort is in the other side of the island unlike the other beaches that line up side to side. But you can take pretty sunsets in there. In that area it's secluded and quiet. It's better to book the hotel in advance as it can get too touristic specially during the weekends..I had been there a couple of times. The accomodation is okey.

You can check out my my Koh Samet Page, I have put up lots of tips and pics there. We just got back from our 2nd visit in the Island last first week of Feb. and waiting for the 3rd time soon...

Have fun!!!