Banpu Resort & Spa

199 Moo1, Tambol Nongkhansong, Muang District, Trat, 23000, Thailand
Banpu Resort & Spa
Agoda.com HostelBookers.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Trat

Internet cafe, Trat, Thailand.Internet cafe, Trat, Thailand.

Koh KoodKoh Kood

PierPier

Travel Tips for Trat

falling in love in trat

by edachsund

I have never come accross in my mind to stay or have a look around in Trat Province, the small town in the eastern Thailand. I came from Cambodian border at Hat Lek before made the decision to go to Trat. It was pretty messed actually what I had in mind that time as I had no one to share my opinion sometimes.
Sometimes I let my luck company me always, rather than jumped into something that I would ever regret it later, if I dont like it. I took minibus from the border to main road in Trat and they would stop us at about 100meter north to the market area. I faced a terrible hassle that I never had in my life before but I would remind myself it was just another fun trip on road that I am sure everyone here have been face it.
I am the second last person who could get my passport stamp over in Hat Lek, where the officers there seems doesnt belive it was really me. I noticed that my skin already getting tan and I could feel like I am one of the local Khmer who is trying to get rid of their current world. I am smiling infront of them showing how kind and decent I am but deep in my heart was hell swearing man, as I kept looking over towards Thailand border and calculating how many peoples are left there as the time almost showing to 6.00pm local time. I ran like duckling duck style with my heavy backpack-donno what I bought as it's getting heavy and heavier.

Trat
The small town in Trat is the administrative and trading centre at Trat province. It is located at 20km away from Laem Ngop, the departure point for the passanger ferries to the islands. Trat has a population of 20,000 but bustles with activities due to the numerous locals markets. There is an open market in open air- market on the main street- Thanon Sukhumvit- That offeres interesting Thai food and drinks late into the night. There is also a large covered day market selling all manner of foods and households goods. Good thing to shop for include the huge range of fruits that are available year around, many of which you may not have seen before. Trat province is famous for the Rakham which is delicious sweet fruits that looks abit like strawberry. Or there is the durian with the spiky shell, pungent smell and unique love it or hate it.
You may try whatever looks interesting.
Local handicrafts include elaborately woven wicker products especially hats. The best example of this can be found in Ban Nam Chieo a village between Trat and Laem Ngop.
Trat department store on the main street, is also a good place for shopping to who ever concerned about it.
Wat Buppharam is a 17th Century temple with some interesting architecture. It lies 2km out of townon Highway 3 (follow Cambodia arrow on map). There are several other temples scattered around town centre.

Guesthouse
There is a guesthouse area just south of the town centre where many backpacker style guesthouses accompanying restaurants, internat cafes, etc. Jame, Pop, Tok and the new Ban Jaidee all offer clean and inexpensive rooms together with good information and a friendly welcome.

Comments