99 4 Moo 3 T.Vieng, Chiang Rai, Chiang Khong, 57140, Thailand
Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Chiang Khong

Pop band, Chiang Khong, Thailand.Pop band, Chiang Khong, Thailand.

Local bus, Northern Thailand.Local bus, Northern Thailand.

Border Post, Chiang Khong, Thailand.Border Post, Chiang Khong, Thailand.

Ta & JonTa & Jon

getting there

by davidhrobinson

what is the easiest way to get to chiang khong from bangkok, please. if by bus, from which bus station, which company and at what time and any other ideas/details would be appreciated bt a geriatric backpacker!

RE: getting there

by thedouglas

You can take a bus to Chiang Mai-from the northern bus terminal or Khao San Road. From Chiang Mai there are plenty of buses.
Other options would be to fly to Chaing Mai on Bangkok airways, our favourite airline, or take a train up.

The easiest is flying. It was about $30us last year for this flight. The bus station in Chiang Khong is a short tuk tuk ride from the border crossing to Laos.

RE: RE: getting there

by AmyKo

HI

Will you go to Laos? I'd been Laos by crossing Chaing Klong border as well.

You can take bus from Bangkok to Chaing Klong directly. Let's go to NORTHERN bus terminal (also called "Mor Chit"),

There are many company but that time i went with Sombat Tour. it is ok.

below are schedule of 999 co., Ltd which operate by the government

- 32 seats bus, 739Baht, departure time is 19.00, arrival time is 8.00am
- 40 seats bus, 634Baht, departure time: 7.00 & 20.00 arrival time: 20.00 and 9.00am respectively.
- 44 seats bus, 493Baht, departure time: 16.30~19.40

If you want to take slow boat to Luang prabang, you should buy depart bkk around 19.00 eventhough 20.00 will be arrive on time but it is risky if your bus is delay or traffic jam.

however price may be changed regarding increasing gasoline expense.

Travel Tips for Chiang Khong

Backpacks or Sportsbags

by wwroam

If your planning on catching the slow boat fromChiang Khong to Luang Prabang( and stopping overnight at Pak Beng)backpacks are essential. At all the above places there are stairs and ramps to climb that make any other sort of luggage impractical.

A Trip Form Chiang Mai to Chian KHong

by sahita7

"My Shadow at Chinag Khong Main Street"

it was 8 P.m when I was walking back to hotel on the borader line of Thailand & Laos.
I tried one cold Leo beer with my drink & it seems it was a wist thing to be be done. then I thought of having my own shadow pic on the Chiang Khongs Road.

Chiang Khong and Joo

by l_joo

My favorite spot in Thailand
Chiang Khong is the most quiet and tranquil place in Thailand to me. Looking over the Mekong river is the territory of Laos. I will definitely come back again one day to stay for long.

Chiang Khong’s weather is much comfortable than Bangkok while expenses are much less too. The guesthouse we stay only cost us 50 baht per night, clean yet overlooking Mekong river. One of the best of Thailand is here.

I will keep this place for my future travel.

Comments