Baan Nam Sai Hotel

Kalare CentreKalare Centre

delicious Thai fish ballsdelicious Thai fish balls

Tradisional Thai danceTradisional Thai dance

Wat Suan DorkWat Suan Dork

Any cheap hotel in Chiang Mai?

by volopolo

Any cheap hotel in Chiang Mai? How far is Doi Inthanon National Park, and what is the best transportation from Chiang Mai to Doi Inthanon National Park?

by Churchiethebeagle

my friends told me about 2 places
1 - Parasol Inn (www.parasolinn.com)
2 - 3sis (www.3sisbedandbreakfast.com)

you should be able to get a room for cheap at these 2 places.

sorry can't answer about other stuff...

when are you planning to go? I'm planning to be there towards the end of November.

by giloc2006

Ciao...I was in Chiang may last February 2006. A cheap place and not too bad is Royal Guesthouse. Very close to Loi khro road (1 of the main roads, famous for the night Bazar). Price is around 350/400 Bht for a double room with towels and Bathrooms (7.5/9 euros) You can find cheaper but at that point it can be quiet dirty! :o)
You can eat with 1.50/3.00 euro. Massage 120 Bht per hour (Around 3 euros). Many internet cafe (35 Bht per hour)
Enjoy your trip :o)
Giorgio

by dkf

Green Palace Hotel, close to Soy 13 (sip som) Niemanhaymon, about US$10-12 per night with 2 single beds and a western bathroom. I stayed there for a week in July, it's clean, and the people are nice.

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Eating Properly

by SumTingWong

Very important Thai eating rules:

1) Only eat with your RIGHT HAND.
2) Eat with a spoon, don't eat with a fork, only use the fork to put food on the spoon.
3) Wash your hands before eating.
4) if you are in a homestay, shower before eating (as much as possible).
5) Sticky rice is a hand food! Ball it up, then make it into a pinch pot and use it as a little edible spoon-bowl type thing to eat.
6) Enjoy your meal!!!

Finding dinner at a fresh food market

by BorderHopper about Chiang Mai Produce Market

I love the markets in Thailand. The food is always fresh & shopping in one of these markets is a must if you're visiting Thailand. We asked our driver to take us to a market so we could pick up some dinner to take back to our bungalow. My experience with these markets has always been a good one when it comes to finding a tasty meal. All sorts of Thai dishes are prepared and for sale by various vendors within the market. All sorts of Thai specialty dishes and snacks can be found. The fresh fruit is also vey tempting when you're shopping in one of these markets. Prices in these markets are pretty much set.

Ready for some old world charm?

by alrashid about The Pub Chiang Mai

This is the first pub to open its doors in Chiang Mai and was voted one of the best bars in the world. It is an olde worlde English pub the true tradition. Has a great selection of food and drinks incl. a Roast Dinners on Sundays. It recently had a makeover and extended the bar and the restaurant but has kept its old charm. There is also an outside area where you can sit and enjoy the tranquility of a tropical garden. And now has new bungalows added for those wishing to linger a while. A must to visit when in Chiang Mai. As a sort of traditional Englishman I just love my Sunday roast lunch. The Pub serve a choice of roast beef, port or lamb. This together with crispy roast potatos, Yorkshire pudding, and a tasty selection of fresh veg all smothered in a delicious gravy, just the way my mother used to make it. Find it difficult to call Sunday,"Sunday" without the roast lunch. And all this washed down with a pint of John Smiths beer makes it all complete.

A stroll on the street : Sate man

by vonvonz

I know most of the time when we travel we'll jump straight to the popular sight-seeing places. BUt this time round, while doing that we also take a step back to walk around the neighbourhood and soak into the local's lifestyle and FOOD!

After that, we came across the Sate man by the road side. :D~~~ In Chiang Mai, they spelt it Sate, and ours is spelt Satay. ^^ He is very friendly to pose for us and we were asking what meat are those, they are chicken and pork he said, with very simple english.

They smell good and we were drooling, it's an adventure to eat something from the street stall because there's always a chance to get bad tummy aches and might lead to food poisoning. But we go ahead and try it anyway.

Each stick of chicken meat is 3 baht and the pork is 5 baht, we got 1 stick for each of us for a try and it was good! :D kudos~

Monk Chat

by i-s-a

In temples of Old Chiangmai, we are surprised to see a unique activity being offered to visitors...the "Monk Chat". I think this is their government's way of attracting vistors who are curious to know Thailand better. Here, visitors are invited to talk to monks to learn about Buddhism, Monk's life, Thai culture and other things.

Since this is my first visit to a Buddhist country, I think talking to a Monk would be very interesting and enlightening experience for me and my mother. Unfortunately, we learned that since it is summer, the Monk Chat is temporarily unavailable.

Comments