Fern Paradise Hotel

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Fern Paradise Hotel

Loved Fern Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member kittyheaven

We stayed four nights in late October at Fern Paradise. It has been our good luck to stay at some great places around the world. Fern Paradise is one of those really memorable great places. The rooms combine modern convenience and comfort with an exotic, rustic beauty. The facility is set on several heavily wooded acres on the outskirts of Chiang Mai. The owner is an architect and his considerable professional skills are evident in the rooms themselves, the construction of the resort and the landscaping of the grounds. It is all really lovely. The place is a family affair and they are wonderful. We had very enjoyable conversations and felt we made friends with some very nice people. If you want to learn something about tropical plants, especially ferns, and landscaping this is the place. The American style breakfasts we had were excellent and we ate dinner there each night. All meals were first class and the setting was beautiful. All in all this was a great place to stay.

Paradise indeed...

by TripAdvisor Member JonTh

We stayed at Fern Paradise for 3 days in August 2007-extraordinary!As we arrived there was a family wedding celebration underway but we were well looked after and shown to our rice barns.These have been well described elsewhere but just to endorse previous guests,they are exquisite,individually decorated and fitted with western-style shower rooms.What we weren't expecting was an open den beneath each barn with chairs,daybed and hammock;perfect for relaxing even in bad weather.
What sets this hotel apart is the level of personal service generously given by the owner and his family.We were fortunate to stay earlier this year at Pattaya's Rabbit Resort,tripadvisor's number 1 rated Asian property,but I'd rate Fern Paradise higher.Stay here and appreciate it!
There are only 9 rooms and I expect as word of this place spreads it may be difficult to secure a reservation so go now and experience 'paradise f'or yourself.

A little bit of paradise in Chiang Mai

by TripAdvisor Member seconddutchcouple

We planned to stay for 3 days, but added an additional day. The ricebarns were lovely. Especially the outside area below the barn. Many hours were spend in the hammat and on the swing, reading a book or just having a beer.

It felt as we were in the middle of the woods. Green everywhere!
The service was outstanding. Calling a cab, making reservations for the Kaohom cookingschool, bringing a beer, helping us to book flight; nothing was too much. We've never experienced such a nice staff as at Fern Paradise. If you plan to visit Chiang Mai, you should stay here!

The best place to stay!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member flyingscot70

We stayed at Fern Paradise for 3nts during our Thailand honeymoon and I'm so happy we found such a beautiful place! As soon as you drive up to the property you feel as if you've found a magical place set amidst gorgeous gardens. All 9 bungalows are designed with great detail and very unique. Om and his family were so gracious and had a beautiful flower arrangement for us in the room. Om's father gave us a tour of the gardens in the evening and that's the best time! It's called Fern Paradise for a reason and you'll see why :) He's made a remarkable place and if you're looking to visit Chiang Mai...look no further!! This is definitely the place to stay! It's somewhat a secret still and will be harder to book once word gets around. I have to say that all our tour companions were a bit envious when we got dropped off at the property. It's about 15mins from the town center but that suited us as we found the center to be noisy. Om was always helpful in arranging our tours/taxi services :) As I work for an airline, I've stayed at many hotels around the world and Fern Paradise will not be forgotten!!!! Thanks to Om and his family for a wonderful stay.

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member wande

My husband and I stayed at the Fern paradise in the first week of october for the second part of our honeymoon. We had previously spent the earlier week in busy Bangkok. The fern paradise is an amazing place. First of all, the customer service is beyond excellent. The hotel is being run by a close nit family, who will go beyond and above to make your stay comfortable. They arranged our tours for us, and gave us ideas on what to do in town. They even gave us rides to some places at no charge. There was a time that I felt like having pizza, and the closest pizza hut was like 15 minutes away, and Ohm (the son of the owner) went out of his way around 9.30pm to take us there. Also u can make arrangement with the hotel to pick you up and drop you off at the airport for al little fee. We paid 400 baht for round trip, which is not bad at all. Second of all, the fern paradise is just beautiful. There are lots of fern and beautiful plants all around. it feels like you are in your own secluded EDEN. There are 9 barns in all with different themes, and they are all beautiful. The decors are up to date, yet different from your regular city hotels. Everything is made of wood, and maybe that's the beauty in it; just imagine a little JIM THOMPSON's house. The rooms are also very clean. Breakfast is by the lake, which is very nice and relaxing. The Fern is a little far from the city (about 15mins), but for all u get, it's worth it. Ohm will make arrangement for a taxi for u wherever u want to go, and he will describe to the drivers everywhere u want to go. On 2 of the days, we were there, we wanted to have a private driver to ourselves to go to different places, he got us a couple, who drove us all day for about 10 hours for 500 Baht. what a deal! The only improvent I will like to see(Which is very minute compared to all what this hotel offers) is more varietes to their breakfast and dinner menu. The breasfast is tasty, but I Got bored after a while, and the restaurant they use for their Dinner menu doesn't offer a lot, and could be tastier. My hubby and I will definately stay here Again. GOOD JOB, FERN PARADISE. How is your bAby Ohm, and your wife? Say Hi to your MUM and DAD. ADE says Hi.

Stay Here!

by TripAdvisor Member Duncanstein

STAY HERE! We spent the first three days of our honeymoon at Fern Paradise, and it really is everything you could want. A beautiful location by a river, lovely owners (who took us into town and to and from the airport), wonderful accomodation in a converted rice barn (read: 'beautiful house on stilts' if the name is confusing).

Breakfast is by the river or, if it rains, underneath your rice barn. The barns originally stored rice and have been converted to be luxury, air conditioned accomodation units, they really are nice, very professionally done. One thing to remember is that the wooden steps can be quite slippery in the wet, but you're effectively in a miniature forest (of ferns and trees) so we wouldn't let this put you off (walk carefully and you'll be ok). A tuk-tuk from the town centre cost us about B200 (B150-200 is ok, say the owners).

The day-to-day management is taken care if by the quiet and considerate Pantawat (nickname "Om"); his father, Niwat, is the owner (an architect) who cultivates the many ferns here and will give you a guided tour before you leave. We'd definately stay here again and highly recommend it. Say hello to baby Gan!

Duncan and Lulu, September 2007

Treehouse in the jungle

by TripAdvisor Member piggy11

My husband booked this place after he read the reviews on trip advisor. I would have to say that I was impressed by the reviews but still skeptical after looking at the pictures. I wasn't sure if it'll be clean enough and too afraid that there will be too many bugs/mosquitos. When we arrived at the airport, someone from fern paradise was waiting at the arrivals as promised...BUT we had to wait another 30 minutes because he had to pick up another couple. That was somewhat of a pain. Granted, we just came from Phuket and stayed at a great resort (Mom Tri Villa Royale) where service was key and the place was luxurious. Ok so I wasn't expecting that much from this place because we decided to go a little lower budget than usual so we could stay longer in Thailand within our budget. My husband wanted to experience the "rural" and "jungle" side of thailand. When we arrived, (Ohm the son of the owner)was waiting for us. Do not expect a check in desk like hotels. This place is family operated so there are not many service people. Father owns it, son manages it, son's wife and mother runs the kitchen. There isn't a phone to call the front desk, rather you'll have to walk out and find Ohm and he is usually at the front desk area. If he has questions, he'll come and knock at your door. I felt like I was staying at my friend's friend's house. We stayed at the deluxe barn where we get access to the bottom open space with a swing, hammock, chairs....that was pretty cool. So these converted barns felt like you were living in a treehouse in the jungle. My husband loved it. Because the family lives on site and runs it, it was very personable. The family is really cute and very nice. You could book basically anything thru Ohm. Bottom line is this: Don't expect a 4 star hotel. If you want to stay among the ferns, there will be a lot of bugs and mosquitos. Not the cleanist place but clean enough. Bathrooms are a little small and stall shower only. Breakfast is okay...again don't expect anything fancy. It is kind of far from the city (15 minutes) and it could get expensive going back and forth by taxi (200 baht each way). I would give it 3 stars but threw in an extra because if you like the more personable feeling versus feeling like you are identified by your hotel number, then this is the place for you....also the ferns and surrounding foliage are beautiful.

A must-visit in Chiang-Mai !!

by TripAdvisor Member Richard_CCH

Pros:
1. Unique & spectacular fern garden design. Very cool jungle-style architecture and space, especially the reception desk and restaurent
2. Comfortable room and facilities
3. Warm service and friendship by the owner and his family
4. Affordable price

Cons:
1. A little far from the city center (about 20 min by car)

Suggestions:
1. The Thai-style breakfast could be more special.

Do it! Stay there!

by TripAdvisor Member vanbonko

Hi!

This is a fantastic place - you must stay here!

We stayed here on honeymoon and loved every minute of it!

Don't have the western breakfast (not becuase it's bad, it's very nice) but because the rice soup is absolutely brilliant!

Make sure you take a map out with you to find your way home via tuktuk
ok.

We were made very welcome and learnt a LOT about ferns :)

A peaceful & tranquil retreat with personalised service

by TripAdvisor Member MassiveFun

If you are looking for a traditional thai experience with attentive and personalised service, this would be my recommendation.

The architecture is unique and definitely the key feature of the resort because each individual 'tree house' is a beautifully renovated rice farmer's bungalow. The individual structures are private and surrounded by every type of fern imaginable.

The owner collects ferns from all around the world, and although he is an architect by profession, his obsession with these beautiful plants is nothing short of inspirational. If you get the chance to spend time with him, it will be very memorable.

This family-run resort is a little out of the way, and you need to order a taxi to get to neighbouring restaurants or into town, but it really is worth it to stay away from business hotels, traffic and noise.

We enjoyed delicious thai breakfasts by the water in a secluded canopy each morning, and took advantage of the local knowledge of the hospitable family who helped us plan tours, booked restaurants for us, and even helped celebrate my brother's birthday with us.

With wireless internet in our tree house, a mini bar, cable tv and fantastic service, we were perfectly looked after. The only thing I would have liked on just one of my rest days was a pool, but I happily did without that, for the peace and tranquility I knew I wouldn't have experienced in a western-style hotel.

Comments