Libra Guest House

28 Moon Muang Road Soi 9, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand

• neogary's Profile Photo

Pearl of the old city square

Had a very pleasant 3 nights stay at Libra Guesthouse. Whole place was clean and neat, much better than i had expected. People working there are very friendly. Bathroom with hot shower, tour bookings, cooking classes etc. Recommended. 250Bht - Dbl

Unique Quality: 2 Movies daily, guess most guesthouses are doing it, nice garden sitting for conversation, minus the mosquitoes. Free airport pickup if you arrive in the day time.

Directions: Near the Thapae Gate side of the Square.

• we2364's Profile Photo

A guesthouse like home

Thanks very much for the recommendation from VT member Vigi. I had a truely wonderful time by staying this place.

It maybe one of the oldest guesthouse in town as it has been there since 1987. It is nicely built with several blocks of buildings with a inner garden, restaurant and internet cafe. Stuff there are so friendly and tour organized is just wonderful. I had a great trekking organized from here and pls refer to my travelogue of this great adventure.

Unique Quality: Neat design of the whole buildings, quite environment, smile and friendly service provided by the stuff there.

• vigi's Profile Photo

Libra Guesthouse (Chiang Mai)

I stayed in Libra Guesthouse which is introduce by the Let's Go Guide Book. It was great! I especailly love the garden, good place to hang out, besides ordering food from the guesthouse, I can also buy food from market and eat there. Rooms very clean, friendlt & helpful staff. No hard sell for their trekking tours.

Room with attached hot shower:
    Single 150 Bhat
    Double 200 Bhat

More about Libra Guest House

Guesthouse with Swimming Pool

by vigi

This is probably the ONLY guesthouse in Chaing Mai with a swimming pool. Single room with hot shower at 250 Bhat. It's a bargain. Sorry, I forgot the name & address, it's located just next to Libra Guesthouse. I didn't stay here because all rooms are full.

Burma Boarder

by vigi

The trek selected by Libra Guesthouse is located near Chiang Rai and Burma boarder, pretty nice scenery. Not too difficult but interesting enough. Here is a view towards Burma boarder.

trecks around chang mai and the north for 3 days?

by mrricko

Hi,
My girlfriend and I are spending 4 days in Northern Thailand, flying to Chang Mai and would like to do a 3 or 4 day treck.
Want to go elephant riding, hiking, rafting.....

Know of any good packages? how much should this cost and is it better to book in advance or just book something when we arrive in Chang Mai?

many thanks
Rick

Re: trecks around chang mai and the north for 3 days?

by vigi

I took a 3-day trekking near Burma boarder at 1600 Bhat, with Libra Guesthouse. Have a look in my travel page: http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/211be/160f65/1/

my trek

by heywinks

I went on a 2 night, 3 day trek for 1200baht (which also included a free day tour around CM...it lead to us being brought to see silver making, lacquer factory, umbrella painting/making factory, rug shop.... I can't remember the name of the company I signed up with, but when I got off the train in CM the company was at the station with a kiosk. The company also owns Chiang Mai Guesthouse (the guesthouse is really cheap, about US$2/night, but it's old & very very very basic). Our guides were pretty good. We stayed in hilltribe villages both nights. The trek itself was amazing. We went on an elephant ride on the trek & also a 4x4 mud path ride. We were scheduled to go river rafting but it was cancelled due to the rough water (it was Sept 2003, rainy season).
My friends & I booked the day before the trek started.

Comments