Chiang Mai Hotels

Our Members Say

Baiyoke Chalet Hotel: Accommodation in Mae Hong Son

Large hotel, friendly front desk, good location comfy rooms (out of season the hotel was almost empty). The only problem was lack of water pressure in the shower and a long waiting time for getting the water to be hot.

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Baan Pai Nai Wieng: Accommodation in Pai

The hotel wasnice and the room was large (we took a room for 3 persons for a couple due to availability reasons). We had found two main problems in the hotel: The 1st was that the shower water was heated on the spot and was always not more than lukewarm. The water pressure was also insufficient for shower/ The 2nd problem was with the towels that were large and nice but they were made of king of stretch cloth not suitable for drying off.

Close to everything but quiet place.

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

BB mantra budget and boutiique hotel: BB mantra budget and boutiique hotel

We had stayed in this hotel two separate period of 2 nights with a break of 2 days between them. In general, the walls in the hotel are so thin that one can hear anything going on outside the room. In particular, the cleaning staff is talking with each other and with the front desk using a walkee-talkee and it can be heard all over the place.
The 1st period we have been to room 21 which was not very convenient. It overlooked the pool, the clothes closet door was broken and the room was slightly too small.
For the 2nd period we got room 25 which was much better. The closet was OK and the room had a balcony where one could sit and overlook the pool.
The front desk staff was very good and tried to help and to respond any question. In addition, we were surprised to find out upon arrival the 2nd time that the luggage we had left in a storage were already waiting for us in Room 25.

The location of the hotel is good, close to the moat and the Moonmuang main road, a great massage place just over the street and a lot of eating places around. The hotel itself accommodates a very good restaurant - "Cooking Love". There is a pool on the auspices (we did not use it besides watching from the balkony).

• limkahwan profile photo limkahwan
  • Reviews: 100

Pachkit House: Chiang Mai Economical B & B

After staying 4 days at Thapae Road we traveled north to Chiang Rai. Since the Chiang Mai Yi Peng Festival we decided to stay in other parts of the Chiang Mai Town. We narrow down we decide to give it a try at this Pachkit House. Not a bad move, this B&B is at a very quiet place and with the price of BHT560 in 2014 November during peak season. Although this place is not very new but at this price with a full British Breakfast for 2 and big room is worth it%h

I just love the service during the Breakfast.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Backpacking, Family Travel
  • Written November 28, 2014

The Pachkit House

• limkahwan profile photo limkahwan
  • Reviews: 100

My Home Place Hotel: Cheap & Convenient Hotel in Chiang Mai

After the third trip in Chiang Mai I found this hotel just outside the famous Tapae Gate, behind the McDonald. The hotel is clean and very quiet although it is in the town center.%f

For the price I paid during the Yi Peng Festival I believed one could never find a better and cheaper place like this hotel. Room is reasonable big and clean. Receptionist can speak a little English and room service provided and even water boiler can be borrowed. I truly satisfied and the hotel was fully occupied during the Yi Peng Festival. I managed to get the room at THB550 for double.%f

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 27, 2014

My Home Place Hotel

• Heidihiker profile photo Heidihiker

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Home Place Hotel Guest House Chiang Mai: Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai -- dirty and run-down

Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai ("Guest House" on some misleading websites, "Hotel" on others) looks nice enough on their website, but when you arrive it's dirty and run-down.

I stayed one night at the Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai in Tae Pae Gate, and that was one night too many!!

The sheets smelled like heavy SWEAT, perfume, and... saliva? I guess the Home Place Guest House just never bothers to wash them.

There was a lot of noise next door all night, loud music and yelling. I think a bottle might have been smashed. It was just loud. I asked about it possibly being stopped or at least quieted down, but the staff wouldn't bother with it.

The room was dirty in general. The TV didn't work, the shower was extremely weak, just a trickle. The toilet wouldn't drain properly, so the water just sort of surged and spilled out onto the bathroom floor.

The water pump was extremely LOUD at 6 AM, and the noise continued for hours! It was right next to my room and I couldn't sleep.

I wouldn't suggest the Home Place Guest House as a place to stay to anyone.

Weak trickle of water from the shower, toilet that doesn't work properly and overflows, extremely LOUD water pump, neighbors partying all night, staff who couldn't care any less, dirty linen that smells like sweat and perfume.

• Written October 12, 2012
Tip Photo

Home Place Hotel Guest House bathroom -- nasty!!

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 3809

FUNKY MONKEY: BEST OF BRIT

The owner is British and eager to help you with your travel plans. It is a simple guest house located near the moat, north of Tha Pae Gate, outside the moat. There are books to read, the usual tv, ref and restaurant.

• Written June 2, 2012

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 3809

V.I.P.HOUSE: GOOD QUALITY ACCOMODATION

V.I.P. HOUSE is off of Ratchdameon rd, soi 1, just directly opposite The Pae Gate. it sis about 50 metres down the soi on the left hand side. You are given a key to your room which includes bathroom and TV, then nobody will disturb you until you leave. It's a no frills place but we enjoyed our stay there. And it was the off season so i believe we paid around 300B for the double.

• Written March 7, 2012

• jackiectheworld1 profile photo jackiectheworld1

Home Place Hotel: Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai- filthy & staff R RUDE

I can recommend a hotel to NOT stay in... The Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai.

The Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai was AWFUL. The shower water was dirty looking, so I couldn't wash off. The water had a metallic, contaminated smell. The same tan, disgusting water came out of the water faucet, so I didn't feel comfortable using it to wash my face or brush my teeth.

You would certainly need mosquito repellant if you stayed here!! The stained, filthy drapes covered the rips in the screen windows, so no one would notice the rips at first. THEN, the swarm of mosquitoes came in soon after I paid for the room!

Do you like being chewed on by BED BUGS? I counted 18 bed bug bites from
just the ONE horrible night that I stayed at the Home Place Hotel in
Chiang Mai -- terrible.

The staff were really rude, which didn't help at all. They seemed to enjoy NOT helping!

I would highly recommend not staying at the Home Place Hotel.

This accommodation offers many terrible attributes all in ONE place.

The Home Place Hotel Chiang Mai offers swarms of mosquitoes, bed bugs, contaminated brown water running from the shower and the sink, stained towels, extremely rude staff, clogged drains, and beds made with dirty linen.

• Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Hiking and Walking, Adventure Travel
  • Written February 12, 2012

• sarah100 profile photo sarah100

Home Place Hotel: Chiang Mai guesthouse to AVOID! *Home Place Hotel*

The Home Place Hotel in Chiang Mai is absolutely awful. The room was infested with fleas and mosquitoes. I slept under the sheet the whole night struggling to keep them from biting me. But that made breathing difficult! The Home Place Hotel is a miserable place to stay.

I tried brushing my teeth, but the sink water was DARK BROWN! Disgusting!! I had to brush my teeth with bottled water.

And the shower had the same polluted brown water, so I couldn't clean up. I stayed awake all night in sweat, being bitten by insects, and struggling to breath!

The people working there were really rude. I tried mentioning the polluted water, bugs etc. They said, "So... You stay? Or GO!"

It sure sounded like they were telling me to "GO!" more than asking me if I was going to stay.

• Related to: Rafting, Backpacking
  • Written April 21, 2011

• MarcelThailand profile photo MarcelThailand

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Funky Monkey guesthouse: Very friendly atmosphere

Last month, my girlfriend an I stayed at Funky Monkey guesthouse for a week.
Nuy and David, the owners of Funky Monkey guesthouse, are very friendly people

They will help you with all your questions and plans.
Even better,David organizes trips "of the beaten track".

Funky Monkey is a great place to stay ! Friendly hosts, relaxed atmosphere, huge and clean rooms.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 16, 2010

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sukantara Cascade Resort Chiang Mai: Sukantara Cascade Resort Chiang Mai Thailand

Natural Luxury hip boutique resort of the world. Perfect for private romantic honeymoon. In a Village away from the frenetic pace.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written January 22, 2010

Sukantara Cascade Resort Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Park Hotel: Chiang Mai Park Hotel Thailand

The newest first-class hotel at the heart of the exotic city of Chiang Mai is a member of the Empress Hotels Group.

• Written January 15, 2010

Chiang Mai Park Hotel

Airport Resident Hotel Chiang Mai: Airport Resident Hotel Chiang Mai Thailand

Where a real comfortable for relaxation, conveniently located in business area as a few minute to Central Airport Plaza and only 1 minute to Chiang Mai International Airport.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 7, 2010

Airport Resident Hotel Chiang Mai

Baan Saen Doi Resort Chiang Mai: Resort Chiang Mai Thailand

Baan Saen Doi is located in Baan Nai Fun 2 residential area, at the foot of the sacred Doi Suthep Mountain, near the Royal Flora Exposition grounds and Chiang Mai Night Safari.

• Written December 16, 2009