Morrakot Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Chiang Mai

BATH TIME FOR THE CATS..BATH TIME FOR THE CATS..

Yummy SateYummy Sate

Elephant strikes a goalElephant strikes a goal

on the way down!on the way down!

Help with planning

by Congy

Hi people. Hope someone can really help me out ;)

I'm planning a trip for 50 relatives of mine to Chiang Mai during 2008 Chinese New Year. Travel date is from 5/2 till 10/2.

And, currently, there's a 4-star hotel called Central Duang is in our mind now. I would like to get feedback from anyone if you've ever stayed in this hotel :) Anyone can help me pls?

Also, I'd like to ask about the Long Neck Village in Chiang Rai. I searched through the internet, and I found out the transportation to get to the Long Neck Village is to take a bamboo raft? I find it inconvenient for the babies who are going. Is there any other transports to get into the Long Neck Village?

Besides, any recommendation where to go for SPA? Price should be reasonable :) Don't need those EXTREMELY luxury ones..

Your advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

by Hobosinlovemedia

Hi there,

My husband and I are currently traveling in Thailand. Just 3 days ag we were in Chiang Mai. We hired a red taxi (there are usually less expensive, and they are everywhere!) to go to the Long Neck village in Chiang Mai. It was only a 20 minute drive from our hotel, and the cost was 500 baht for each of us. The village is very close to other tourist attractions, there is an elephant park, monkey park, snake park all in the same area. There are also spas everywhere and the prices range from 150baht to 3000baht for an hour long Thai massage. We chose the 150 baht massages and were not dissapointed! Chiang Mai was a fun place to visit; big and busy but fun! I hope this info helps. Check out our travel blog http://hobosinlovemedia.com

by keszzz

I think you might(??) be referring to the Centara Duangtawan. Not too long ago it was called Central Duangtawan.

I think it's a good hotel, with a GREAT location.

I personally would be more likely to give it a 3* instead of a 4*, but hey, that's me.

You can read 190 guest reviews (raves/rants)of the hotel on asiarooms.com

NOTE: With +50 people you should be able to get a very good group rate, and I would deal DIRECTLY with the Sales Department.

by Fernandocramos

Pay attention because there are many places that you can find long neck woman. I was in a place near Chiang Rai that I went by car (not bamboo raft or boat) and you can see some pictures from the local I said im my Chiang Mai page.
I know there are others because you can see diferent places at internet websites.

by Congy

Thanks everyone!

It's really resourceful! :) I think the Long Neck Village I'm going is located near Chiang Rai! I heard that I'd need to take a 2 hours bus to reach that destination! It's really far :((

by Bee1brisbane

I'm with Kaszzz. I have stayed at that hotel also and thought it was reasonable, but not for what we paid for it. Lifts incredibly slow and drove me insane, but GREAT location and great breakfast (always a good start to the day...)

Hope you can pull this off... looks like a huge task!

All the best. bee :)

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Elephant Ride

by vigi

Third day morning, elephants came to village to pick us up. Two of us share an elephant. Here we started our 2 hours Jungle Elephant Ride. At first I was a little scared, and didn't want to step on the animal's head, but I have no choice. In fact, I don't understand why they worship elephants in wat, set them as "saint" figures, while these people treat them like dirt in real life.

GOLDEN TRIANGLE TOUR

by balhannah

There are quite a few Tour companies that do tours to the Golden Triangle, and by looking at people's photos, I think they may vary a little.

The Tour takes you to the "Hot Spring" and tourist village, White Temple at Chiang Rai, a boat trip to see Burma and land at Laos, (a chance to buy some souvenirs), Buffet lunch (incl in price), Tribal village (a set up Akha & Yao tribes souvenir village) then return.
It was a very long day, pick up being at 7.30am and returned at 8.45pm.
The return time varies with the group, they did not rush us at all.
The Tour leader was nice and could speak good English.

THE COST OF THE TOUR IN JUNE 2009 WAS 1100 T/Baht
I booked mine with NORTHLAND TOURS through my B&B, and I enjoyed the Tour.
I had a great day!

Sleeper train from Bangkok

by heywinks

I took a 12 hr sleeper train from Bangkok. More expensive than the bus but I could sleep lying down so it was worth it. For a 2nd class, lower berth sleeper train ticket I paid 700 Baht.
Try to get your tickets as soon as possible or else you`ll get a bad seat. The worst seats are at the end of the cars next to the door or bathroom. Try to get seats in the middle of the car & try to get the lower berth (no climbing & the lower berth gives you a bit more space).

Le Bistrot Beer Terrace

by Gili_S

Do not get confuse here, I was not here for the croissant, I actually had very good curry chicken here (Photo II), it is located just in the centre of the city, but actually not the best location because the cars around driving all night long will make this terrace somehow noisy and not the best place to relax and chat.

the night bazaar

by upthemountain

the name says it all.... a long street, with stalls packed on either side selling EVERYTHING. Mostly kitsch.... but mostly Thai kitsch (with some international team football shirts mixed in).... and a few nice finds.... woven silk and cotten shirts and the beads are lovely and everything is CHEAP. My colleagues said.... ask the price.... then offer half. I never went above 3/4.... and still, I think they did better than I did : )

The shops behind the stalls are also interesting, but I think the prices are not along the lines of the rest of the town.

Its open every night... until late.

Comments