Noble Place Hotel

98/5 Soi Khaimak 1, Chiang mai-Hod Road, T. Padad A. Muang, Chiang Mai, 50100, Thailand
Noble Place Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 57% less but rated 22% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Chiang Mai

Scott and Elephant Artist WanpenScott and Elephant Artist Wanpen

ask the driverask the driver

in junglein jungle

The Cucumber Dip for Fried Corn FrittersThe Cucumber Dip for Fried Corn Fritters

Hypermarket nearest to Le Meridien Hotel, Chiang Mai

by Melanie_Putra

Hi Guys!

Which hypermarket is the nearest to the Le Meridien Hotel, Chiang Mai? Tesco Lotus (which branch) or Carrefour? I can easily find out the actual address from their website, but I just won't know which location is nearer...

by seagypsy

Hi Melanie,
Is there a special reason why you need to go to Tesco Lotus? I think the one I've passed by was to the west of town.
But if it's for general goods or shopping there's the Central shopping complex to the northwest of the old city wall. And Tops is a supermarket inside this mall as well as the Airport Plaza Mall if you're food shopping. Lots of stores in both malls with the Airport Plaza having a Robinson's Department Store. Also the Plaza Mall has a section on cultural crafts made in the Chiang Mai area with various vendors products. Both malls also have movie cinemas that show the latest western blockbusters as well as Thai movies.

by Melanie_Putra

Please don't laugh... Since I am half Thai I always stock up on grocery and toiletries shopping everytime I am in Thailand! As in really lots of stuffs - Thai toiletries are cheaper then same ones sold in M'sia! Then there are instant noodles, sauces, Thai styled coffee, the list goes on! And it is cheaper to get these stuffs from the hyper markets rather than Tops.

by seagypsy

I freqently shop at Tesco and Big C too when I'm in Thailand so I understand wanting to stock up on things.
But I also find Tops a great place for shopping typical of a supermarket. And they are usually more convenient since they are found in a number of malls that are closer than Tesco Lotus or Big C which are found more on the outskirts typical of big box stores.
And thanks again for the info on the fisherman's fortress. It really is stunning. When I first saw the photo, I was thinking, wow, if this is in KL-Malaysia, it's a short hop away. Neverthelss, hope to see it at some point. Thanks very much.

by Somikan

Umm, that's though. If you are going to take a Song Taew there, they might take you around (especially if there are other passengers in the car) before getting to the shopping malls or they might charge you a big fee because those malls are less visited by tourists. By distance, Big C seems to be the closest one, while it is easier to find a Song Taew to Lotus Khamthieng/Carrefour and back to your hotel with a bit further distance.

by kingdombiz

Carrefour and Airport Central Mall is 10 minutes drive from Le Meridien Hotel.

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Get a Blow Out 20 minutes into your trip P2

by herzog63

We were supposed to meet at the guesthouse around 9 AM which seemed late to me as I get up early. So I get up around 6 am and get my stuff ready and went for an early morning walk around Chiang Mai as I love the peaceful sounds of the morning. On the way back I eat breakfast and grab my stuff and go to the meeting point at 8:30. I meet with a couple of the guys that will be doing the trek also. Our guide is running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get his last minute stuff together. (He actually seemed unorganized) The Sawngtao showed up a few minutes before 9 so we started loading our stuff into the truck. We still didn't have all of our group members so we had to wait for them. Around 9:15 our guide found them as they had gone for breakfast and lost track of the time. Meanwhile I'm biting at the bit wanting to get trekking and discover long lost hilltribes! After we got our SawngTao loaded up and were cruising past the city limits of Chiang Mai we turned onto a dirt road so I knew the adventure had begun. I thought that because we had paid for a trek and that the Sawng Tao had 10 people and 7 backpacks and other supplies in it that we wouldn't be stopping until we got to the place that we would start trekking. But I was wrong! We stopped along the way and picked up more paying passengers and at one time had 19 people in and on top and hanging off the back! After about 20 minutes of bouncing down the dusty road we had a blow out on one of the rear tires. Great! I assumed that we didn't have a spare but I was wrong about that we had one. So after about 10 minutes of changing the tire we were again bouncing down the Northern Thailand countryside.

We are human too

by ashafruddin

According to the guide these people are nomads from outside Thailand. So these gentle people are not Thai citizens and cannot move out of designated settlements, even if they were born or have long been here. But the Thais are good people and allow them to stay on.

Bring Your Kids to the Pool

by BorderHopper about Night bazar

Most places you'd have to keep your baby off the pool table but here in Chiang Mai they're so friendly they'll allow your little one to celebrate the night as well. Other than the loud juke box music we didn't have any problem bring our kids with us for a night out on the town.

Dont miss !....Khantoke Dinner

by Wann about Old Chiangmai Cultural Center

The way to enjoy meal and Chiang Mai culture, when you visit there, a must for you is find a chance to have Khantoke dinner. I had a great time at Chiangmai Cultural Center. I made reservation by phone and they arranged me from my hotel to there and back. I had Khantoke dinner, the way they have meal, all food on wood tray, sit one the floor, inside decore with old thai style and beside that enjoy Lanna dance show and some guests be invited to join them. After meal there is a hill tribe show outside. Ok finish of the great time there... You should try.. All Thai Dishes on Tray !

Long Neck Girls

by aussiejen

On a day trip we did the usual tourist thing of visiting a hill tribe village. Of course the long neck women and girls were there putting on a weaving display for us.
I found it a little bit sad to see these people on display to the world, but then I guess it's become a way of life for them. I believe the men have been assimilated into the local area and have some sort of work to occupy themselves during the day.
One little girl was able to speak a little bit of English and told me that the rings around her neck made her very hot. I was HOT without the rings!!

Comments