Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique

Flawless Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Supitchaya

The hotel is magnificent . We were impressed with everything from the room to the concierge. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel. Like all the other reviewers, we thought this was an excellent choice for Chiang Mai. Location is very convenient, and yet it is quiet. The owners of Puripunn are very pleasant, and concerned with detail, and this is no doubt why it is so well-liked. A bit expensive but worth it!
All in all, would recommend a stay here if you want a central location in Chiang Mai.

Most Good

by TripAdvisor Member AsianTraveler_8

This hotel is an excellent value. The rooms are beautifully appointed, and the amenities are abundant. The food in the
restaurant is delicious and presented graciously. The owners are helpful and engaged directly in making the stay rewarding at the hotel and in the city of Chiang Mai. It is within easy walking distance of the "Night Market", and one should not be wary that the location is not convenient. My only criticism (and it is minor) is that internet
access in the room was difficult while I was there.

Excellent in every way

by TripAdvisor Member Akshay931

I have run out of positive things to say about Purripunn. Its everything a boutique hotel should be and then some...

The staff are warm, courteous, always smiling and very helpful
The rooms are impeccable, the Ritz Carlton decorators should visit and take some tips. The food is great and they make good espressos to boot.

The owners live at the hotel for most of the year and take time out to meet with guests individually to ensure everything is upto the mark.

When you put everything together, it is probably one of the most charming hotels anywhere in the world.

An enchanting oasis

by TripAdvisor Member Harvard99Seattle

As soon as I saw the beautiful little courtyard of the Puripunn, I wanted to cancel all my other travel plans and just stay there! The attention to detail is amazing here. They have a fruit basket in your room at check-in and they put a fresh "corsage" on your bed each evening! Each room is a little different, and they feature beautiful antiques. They all have a balcony that overlooks the pool, which is also beautifully designed.

The staff are delightful and very helpful.

My ONLY issue at all with the hotel was that the shower water had a mind of its own, alternating between cold and very hot. This may have only been the case in our particular room.

Tip: We booked through agoda.com, which gave us a rate of $160.

Surprising and relaxing visit

by TripAdvisor Member tripaddictor

It was a surprising trip visiting here,
First, when we arrived at the Chiangmai airport, we were an hour late, we were so worried that the car picking us up left, but NO, the driver was still there waiting for us. This is so called good service!

When we arrived, we didn't wait for long, then we are brought to the 2nd floor - our room, we just woo....very antique feel, which was really different from other brand new business feel hotel.

The staff is very helpful, polite and attentive. Puripunn has tuk tuk transfer to nearby area for dinners. The receptionist helped us to call tuk tuk at night to drive us back from dining restaurant which we really appreciated.

We only have a few drawbacks like they don't have lifts, so we need the staff to bring our luggages to the room by stairs. We brought them down ourselves when checking out.

Puripunn's breakfast is on order, not buffet. They will give you a list to order, and they will freshly make them for you. So it also has pros and cons.

When you go back to hotel, the road is very dark, there're dogs because it is like a village. So be careful about this.

Besides these, this hotel is a great extraordinary experience which we seldom have when living in business-oriented hotels.

the best ever

by TripAdvisor Member nettenz

An absolute treasure !!

Without a doubt the best hotel we have ever had the pleasure to stay in.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left,it felt like no other.....and was like no other

The rooms were extremely well furnished and immaculate.
The staff KNOW the meaning of service and how to look after guests and would go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

They even personally took me to the local FED EX office to post a package back to NZ and returned me again to the hotel without question,cost or any kind of expectation !

The hotel runs a reward system for its staff,but unless you are "The Grinch"himself...i think you will feel like rewarding staff personally,which we had no qualms in doing.

I could rave on about the hotel and staff,but am trying to remain objective ...nevertheless,if you are traveling to Chiang Mai,you owe it to yourself and spouse,partner or whomever to spoil yourself and stay here.Enjoy the good life at least once !!

We had friends come to the hotel and they were made more than welcome and were treated as guests also...nothing was too much for them or for us

We are looking forward to our next trip to Chiang Mai and to the Puripunn

A little disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Keynote2

We checked out Puripunn on 26th June after a four nights stay. A little disappointed because it is not as good as the past reviews mentioned.

The location of the hotel is inside a local residential area, the entrance is about 200 meters from the main road through a narrow lane, not popular for taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers, we have to show the hotel’s name card to the driver every time we went back to the hotel, only one driver knew the location by hotel’s name.

The furnish of the hotel is good, all staffs are nice and helpful. We stayed on ground floor, the room is good and clean, the bath room is big and comfortable. The problem is they don’t provide a kettle boiler for hot water, there are only two bottles of drinking water in the room, and we have to call the housekeeping for hot water, which is quite annoying.

We expected a quiet place to take a rest but it only happens at day time. The air-cond and piping system created so much noise that we cannot sleep at night. The hotel neighbor’s dogs will bark out loud suddenly and the cock will wake you up at six every morning. The funniest thing is the hotel lobby is adjoining with a neighbor’s roof, we have seen a group of people having a barbecue party on the roof at one evening.

The swimming pool is stylish but very small, not suitable for two groups of people. This is not a problem for a small boutique hotel but we found that the water in the pool have a strange taste like sea water. The filter system for the pool is not turned on or maybe there is none.

The small restaurant is good, especially the Thai food menu, we have two meals there.

Overall it is a good boutique hotel, hope that the owner can fix all those problems we have met during our stay. Several past reviews said that the owner’s family is living in the hotel and are very nice to the hotel guests, we have been there for four nights but we don’t have the same feeling.

Don’t forget to bring mosquito spray before you go there, you will certainly need it.

BEST Experience

by TripAdvisor Member manjament

My boyfriend and I stayed here and had a wonderful experience. I have never experienced better service. Anything we needed, the staff was more than happy to accommodate. They also went above and beyond went I got food poisoning (not from Puripunn). The staff took great care of me and was checking in on me to see how I was doing.

The room was fabulous! So beautiful and every amenity you could possibly want. The bed was very comfortable, room spotless (the maids even folded our clothes left around!), shower great, and the list goes on. I loved the charm of the hotel and it was decorated so beautifully.

Yes, it is a little hard to find at first, but it is well worth it!

Heaven on Earth!

by TripAdvisor Member NZPAL

I stayed at Puripunn last week (Aug 2008) in my first visit to Chiang Mai. I went there with a friend of mine who lived in Bangkok for the last 12 years. My friend booked the place. He was there for 2x nights, I stayed an extra 2x nights to make the most of my first visit to Chiang Mai.

I travelled extensively, mostly on my own, with my job. I have been to Thailand about 5-6 times, US many times, Europe, China, Hong Kong, Fiji, Australia, and India once and stayed 1st Class at an amazing Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi... I have NEVER written a hotel review before, but this time I feel compelled to provide one.

I have just had my most enjoyable and comfortable stay in any hotel in the world - Puripunn.

My friend drove us to the hotel in a rental car with a In-car Nav system. It was a shock initially to find the hotel hidden in a very small street ("Soi"). My friend is an engineer and has designed many resorts and hotels all around Thailand. So, I trust his judgement in booking us a hotel but I have to admit my first reaction was not all that enthused. My scepticism was immediatly expelled as soon as we got into the drive way...

Puripunn is a PALACE! We were greeted like Kings and that continued for the whole duration of our stay. The room was beautiful. Never have I stayed in a hotel where the bathroom has a large enough sofa bed for one to lay on, not to mention a large enough bathtub for two, and separate shower and toilet... The bed was large and comfortably firm, the pillows fluffy. The swimming pool is small but has a nice layout and big enough to do laps in. It is a salt water pool, and I was able to swim in it with completely no chlorine smell on my body or sore eyes afterwards.

But best of all, the SERVICE was out of this world!

Not only was I treated like a King by the staff, the owner and his wife, actually took the trouble of meeting us during breakfast, and several times after during my stay to personally ensured that I was well looked after.

I got to know the staff quite well during my stay and I can honestly say that I have not had better service anywhere. I was treated as a guest to the place, not just another customer who comes and goes. They treated each of their guests like their best, all to give them an experience they have never had before. Yes. I have stayed in hotels better than Puripunn, but it is the personal touch and attentive service from each and every staff that I don't think one can buy from staying in any hotel. It is a 5+ Stars treatment at the most intimate scale.

If you want a home away from home and get treated better than at home, then Puripunn is the place. Stay there at least once in your life. It is an "experience", not an accommodation. It was certainly the highlight of my trip to Chiang Mai this time.

To Att, Sineenard, and your staff, thank you for having me at your palace. I feel privileged to have stayed at Puripunn and hope to have the opportunity to visit you again soon.

Thank you!
PAL (Mr. Warnes's friend...)

Stop your search! Puripunn is THE place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member What_is_the_loon

We really can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was at Puripunn. This is a very special property. The incredible staff and their attention to detail is fantastic. We stayed in a Baby Grand Suite which was so beautiful. There is an incredible bathtub in the large wonderful bathroom. The bed was so comfortable and the view of the pool and property was gorgeous from our large balcony.

The staff has an incredible family feel. This is because of the amazing Thai owners. They are such special people that genuinely care about their staff and their guests. It really shows all around. This is the only property they own and for that we as guests are all lucky. All of their love goes into this place and it shows throughout the property. The breakfast was wonderful as was the main menu. We usually only eat street food in Thailand, but we were so impressed with the authentic Thai flavors and how the food was prepared with love that we ordered a lot of food poolside with killer cocktails and a couple of times again with room service. Once again, it was impeccable. The food arrived quickly and the staff was all about making sure we were happy and comfortable, always without being obtrusive. There are so many places in the world to see, but I really think we will be returning to Chiang Mai. A major reason for that is to be able to stay at Puripunn again...

We stayed for five days and my only disappointment was that we could not stay longer.

In short, I am in the hospitality business and therefore it is difficult to really impress me. Puripunn blew me away.

I wish I had more pictures to post, but we mostly took videos.

I love Trip Advisor, but there are other sites you could Google and find that they are listed with exclusive luxury boutique hotels throughout the world. I won't list them because I see that Trip Advisor won't post reviews containing commercial e-mail addresses.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns...

Cory & Dominika

this picture taken in the rainy daythis picture taken in the rainy day

Dad, Mum and WenDad, Mum and Wen

Chinese sausage fried riceChinese sausage fried rice

Bhuping Palace, Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai, ThailandBhuping Palace, Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Time to visit Chiang Mai

by konniemario

My husband and I are thinking of going to Chiangmai on late Sept-early Oct. Is it a good time? Read that it's still the rainy season? Is it better to wait after late October? How bad is the rainy season there?

RE: Time to visit Chiang Mai

by Mikebb

Hi We were there in early February this year, the weather was fantastic , not too hot and no humidity. We also had 12 days in Bangkok and weather was the same, excellent, little to no rain. I understand January and February are good months. I would avoid the wet season.
Good Luck

RE: Time to visit Chiang Mai

by Churchiethebeagle

My friend in Chiang Mai told me that this month it had been lots of rain in Chiang Mai. I also found out that Between Nov. 1 - Jan 31. there will be a big Flowers and Plants expo in Chiang Mai. Over 30 countries are participating by bringing rare plants, India is spending over $ 125,000 to recreate an Indian-style garden at this expo. The weather in November should be very nice also.

If you are looking for a place to stay. Check out www.allresortthailand.com I've been spending lots of time in there since I'm going to Chiang Mai in Mid November!

Also, Eva Air has a promotion on flights from the U.S. to S.E. Asia. I got my ticket for Evergreen Deluxe economy for $977 (tax included). If you are interested go to www.evaair.com and click on the "promotion" button.

Have Fun!