Raming Lodge

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• BED BUGS!!!

I came down with a horrible case of bed bug bites after spending one night at Raming Lodge. The bites became infected, which put a damper on the rest of my otherwise lovely stay in Chiang Mai. To top it off, Raming Lodge charged my credit card without my authorization. It was a horrible, and costly experience, and I'll never stay there again.

• FINE BUT BEARE TRAPS!

Good location near to night market. Staff is friendly and efficient. Free transfert to and from the airport. Problem arive with online booking rooms. I have booked a junior suite by Asiarooms. On my arrival I had a junior suite (1 bedroom ane 1 living room) without windows. I complaned that in reclame is said that every room and in particolar suite had a wonderful view on city and mountains. The staff tried to give me a room of inferior value, then, I had to pay a surplus of 2000 bath for night and only than I had my first room without window and a second one connected with the first with windows ovrlookind rhe parking area. So don't book online it's better you arrive there and control the room before paying or, at leasr, you specify tthat you don't want junior suite number 601.
    Restaurant is fine and price are fair. Minibar is free of charge.

Unique Quality: Location and friendly staf

Directions: Near night market

• IlariaBK's Profile Photo

Perfect location, nice hotel

This hotel is in the perfect location, near the night bazaar and by lots of restaurants, bars...The room was roomy enough, new and clean, with nice furniture and paintings on the walls. The window was really tiny though. The breakfast buffet was varied and good.

• bwgreg's Profile Photo

Great Hotel close to the night market

We travelled with my 3 kids, 20 yr old girl, 12 and 10 yr old boys, took adjoining rooms at the Raming Lodge. Great hotel after staying guest houses in Pai, but more expensive. I would clearly recommend this hotel however it cost us 1000 bhat per room. Breakfast was included and was okay. Great location and the hotel was clean and in great shape. Internet facility for about 75 bhat per hour in lobby.

Unique Quality: We got a great deal by booking over the internet on Chaingmai-online.com It was a great discount to booking upon arrival.

Directions: Old city

• zazatann's Profile Photo

Love it

I really like this place as it's in the town and reasonable price. I can feel real northern and Thai decoration.

Unique Quality: unique furniture

Directions: close to night bazaar

• thedouglas's Profile Photo

Excellent Guesthouse in ChiangMai

Raming Lodge is more of a boutique hotel than a Guesthouse really. We first stayed there when we were in ChiangMai in January 2005, and have returned twice. Breakfast is provided, and excellent premises in general - partly because it was new, but also because of the furnishings and amenities. 5 minute walk to the night market - and close to the bars and restaurants.

Be aware that the price advertised on the internet is actually higher than the room cost on most occasions. Best to ring or just chance it and arrive.

One change from our previous visit is that there are now tours using this hotel, which is probably testament to its overall quality and cost standards.

Unique Quality: This little hotel is very central, and built back from the road. If you want to avoid any bar noise, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. We've never been bothered by the street activity.

More about Raming Lodge

Great Time at Raming Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member willsf32

We booked the Raming Lodge based on reviews from this site and were very happy with our choice. Upon pickup at airport the bell man provided many tips on the area around the hotel. He marked up a local map with good restaurants, markets, etc. When we inquired with a hotel employee about laundry they recommended a private shop just outside the back door of the hotel. The service was excellent and a great price (25bht/kg). The room was very clean but the bed was hard (most are in Thailand!) Overall the location was great as the walled section, river, and night market are all short walks away. I would recomment this hotel to anyone travelling to Chiang Mai.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Begreen777

The Raming Lodge is an excellent choice if you are staying in Chiang Mai. I visited Chiang Main twice in 2007. I stayed at the Raming lodge both times for an extended period of time. My room was always clean and service was superior. The service staff were always available to assist in making my stay more comfortable and carefree.

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Neatybeet

The Raming lodge is a fantastic smaller hotel with everything you could want for a great price. It is located about 5 minutes walk from the center of the night market, has wonderful friendly staff, and very spacious clean rooms (the website photos portray things perfectly). Breakfast is served in the downstairs restaurant or courtyard and is a great way to start the day with a large variety of food which should suit most people. The street at the front of the hotel gets busier as the day goes on with a few bars in the area but we didn't have any issues with noise. Would recommend to everyone and wouldn't even consider paying for some of the higher priced hotels we saw as they had nothing that the Raming Lodge didn't.

chaing mai acco

by xsweety

hi
i was confused choosing between raming lodge and amari. however i think amari is too far from action and thou raming is close to city center and night bazar and got good reviews i think i would like something more classy.

can anyone help recommend?

by balhannah

Don't know if my acc is near the action or not, but it was very nice. It is in the same street as the sunday night market, opposite wat chedi luang. Have a look at my hotel tip for chiang mai....its called the 3SIS

by Odinnthor

The following is a list of hotels in Chiang Mai. listed by number of stars, - five star first. Raminglodge is actually pretty nice!

by xsweety

thanks so much.. looks like im going to stick to raming lodge!

Comments