13/1 soi 2, Chiangmai-Lamphun Rd, T.Wat Gate, Chiang Mai, 50000, Thailand

Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• erikute3534's Profile Photo

RIMPING best

Perfect - hotel, people, service, food, room EVERYTHING, highly recommend - LOCATION LOCATION everything!

Unique Quality: Location, service, rooms

More about Rimping Village

Great Stay Living up to Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member MartinSingapore

We spent 3 days at the Rimping Village based on excellent reviews on Trip Advisor website. Fantastic - the stay and particularly the level of service were great. The location was ideal being quite secluded but within easy walking distance and river restos, bars and shops. Airport pick-up and drop-off were included in the price and made by driver and member of hotel staff. The Hotel is clearly in start-up mode with very few other guests - I wish them every success.

Charming Hotel With Helpful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member ChicagoTravelingNow

We stayed at Rimping Village during a short visit to Chiang Mai in June 2008. The hotel was beautiful with a charming pool and restaurant. The room was large with a separate seating area and a spacious bathroom. But what made the stay wonderful was the staff at the hotel, who consistently went above and beyond to ensure we had a good stay.

Trust these reviews!!

by TripAdvisor Member tripah0lic

I have been using Tripadvisor for years and untill now have never been inspired to leave a review of my own. Well I can say with out a doubt that the reviews on this hotel are absoultely true! We have just come back from 5 days in Rimping Village, and the service is second to none that we have ever experianced anywhere, and we say in alot of 5 star hotels that could learn alot from the staff here!!! They truely go ubove and beyond any request or expectation you have and do it in a friendly and kind way. Nothing is a problem and they put there heart into every thing! We stayed with our 13 month old son Max who was doted on by the staff and they even made him "baby frendly food" for breakfast and dinner with out being asked!! The hotel itself as described by others is new and has everything you could want in spacious stylish rooms, even DVD players for all the cheap movies you can buy from the markets 5 mins away. This was truely a wonderfull and relaxing experiance staying here and we live in thailand so will be back I am sure! Thankyou Rimping Village you should be number 1 in Chiang Mai!!

superb, fantastic hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member lostit

spent a week in chiang mai in rimping village with my girlfriend and eight yera old son, and from the minute we arrived the staff were wonderful, quick check in and brought to our room. we got there late and we wanted to go to a shop for some bits and when we asked, the receptionist offered to go for us, i cannot say enough about the staff as they went out of thier way to help us especially arm who on our last night after i had taken one of the push bikes which are there for clients use to an atm and when i did not return after a few minutes cycled after me to see if i was ok, just some of the care we recieved at Rimping village. we booked one of the smaller rooms with an extra bed through rates to go and it was more than enough room for us towels and beds changed daily, towels at the pool all the time the pool is opened any time just ask we often left it at 12.30 at night. the staff even went and bought them blow up rings for my son to play on as he loved the pool and when he burst them they went and got more. i would go back in a heartbeat fantastic hotel in a fantastic city.

Very tranquil

by TripAdvisor Member JFH1107

It's hard to find fault with this hotel - although I wouldn't rate it as the #2 hotel in Chiang Mai.

We stayed for 3 nights, were there partly on business, and were already pretty familiar with the city, so really had no special requests from the hotel. But the staff were always courteous and pleasant. The pool area seemed very nice, and so tranquil. Our deluxe room was quiet, clean and comfortable, if maybe a little bland and lacking in style.

I personally like the location of Rimping Village very much. It's easy to get a tuk tuk by walking one block down the narrow soi towards the river. One block in the opposite direction is a very good small Thai restaurant. There's also a large supermarket and several other restaurants within walking distance.

Even better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member Ge0rgi66

Our family of two adults and three children stayed in one of the two Family Suites. We were placed in the upstairs Suite which was light, airy and slightly tucked away which would be ideal if you have very young children. The suite itself was absolutely spotless and flawless. It is really spacious and even with five of us we did not feel on top of one another. The hotel transfer was in a luxurious limo/van which was a welcome sight after the overnight train from Bangkok. The welcome was extremely warm and smooth. The service was brilliant. As other reviews mention, no request is too difficult. We were blown away by returning to our room after a swim to find they had left a personal note and birthday cake for my husband after discovering on his passport he had celebrated his birthday the previous day. The location is ideal - short walk over bridge to markets etc., yet incredibly quiet and tranquil. The pool area is delightful with reclining teak lounges and they even have inflatable rings for fun for the children.

We loved Rimping Village so much that we extended our stay for another couple of nights. It was such a testimony of kindness for our children to see such attentive and generous service - particularly from Som, Arm and Areeya .... look out for them, they are divine!

Cosy nook

by TripAdvisor Member Leutschach

On the morning of my departure for Chiang Mai, I'd realised that I'd forgotten to call the hotel to "remind" them that we were arriving that morning.

After I'd collected my baggage, I left the arrival hall with a knot in my stomach - picturing myself standing at the airport, and waiting in vain for the hotel's pickup, with my 4-year old daughter...I must say I was immensely relieved and pleasantly surprised to see my name on a signboard amongst the many held by others waiting outside the arrival hall.

The hotel is simple, clean and like all reviews claimed, peaceful and quiet. One would not have noticed that its really so near to the city. In fact, the night bazaar with within walking distance, across the ping river, from the hotel. The old city, was a 5-minute Tuk Tuk ride away, and the journey usually costs between THB50 to THB60.

The hotel, I was told, was recently opened in October 2007. The staff at the hotel has been extremely helpful and friendly during our stay. There was hardly ever a request that was turned down during our stay at the hotel. They also gave some interesting sight-seeing tips and which we'd taken up, and which we found were extremely useful.

The food at the hotel restaurant was also not overpriced like in hotel restaurants. And the quality was really good. They had a good spread on their menu. The breakfast menu was a little limited. Although we only had breakfasts on three mornings, we already managed to try out the entire breakfast menu.

I really like the dinning room which is not fully air-conditioned. It gave a feeling of "al fresco", although one is not dining under the stars (we couldn't have done that since it was raining for all the evenings we were there).

The pool is really only suitable for swimmers. The shallow end was not really that shallow. My daughter was able to swim, so it wasn't a problem. However, families with small children and babies may find that they are not able to "waddle" in the pool with their brood.

If you need to be really in the middle of town, for convenience sake, then perhaps the hotel is not ideal for you. We had to take the Tuk Tuk daily into town.

For those who wants to join an excursion, I would like to point out that the travel agent they use for the "Orchid/Butterfly Farms, Chiang Dao Caves, Hill Tribe Villages" full-day excursion is really crap. The driver was extremely unfriendly. We spent most of the trip sitting in the mini-van : max stop was about 1 hour for lunch, otherwise every other stop was between 15 minutes (Orchid Farm/Butterfly Farm) and 30 minutes (so-called Hill Tribe Village which houses three different tribes - but really is a "man-made" village --- tourist trap). Its really not the hotel's fault that the travel agent is crap too (lunch was crap too, and I'm usually not fussy with food). I'd forgotten to give the hotel my feedback on the travel agent, hence I thought I'd mention it here.

Another family who was there said they enjoyed their excursion (half-day) to the elephant camps a great deal.

All in all, we definitely enjoyed our stay at the Rimping Village, and we will definitely be back again, should we visit Chiang Mai again.

Lovely secluded property

by TripAdvisor Member kingzen

The highlight of this place were the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was ever too hard to organize. Each time we wanted to catch a tuk-tuk into town a staff member gladly hopped on their bicycle to pedal out to the main road to hail one for us!

The room was nice and clean, with sufficiently powerful airconditioning for the tropical climate. The breakfast included each morning was also very tasty and filling.

The only downside was the hotel is in a relatively secluded location. This is great for being away from the hustle and bustle, but it makes it a little difficult to walk out to see the sights or eat. A tuk-tuk is the most practical way in and out, which is fine because they are very cheap and ubiquitous in Chiang Mai, but some drivers struggle to find the hotel.

A total wow! experience - a home away from home with all the comforts

by TripAdvisor Member IndiaRavi

My wife and I were doing a buddhist temple trail of Indochina and celebrating our diamond anniversary.Thank you trip advisor for letting us know of Rimping Village.We had a fantastic time.
The hotel upgraded us to a suite and had decorated the room with flowers to share our celebration.The fun commenced right at the airport with our charming front office exec Arm who gave us the most hospitable welcome.The room was large and very comfy.The food was terrific with such a magnificient steward like Mr.Ek.And of course the chef was par excellent.
We will certainly return to Rimping in the very near future again.

Comments