Riverside Boutique Hotel

Silk cocoonsSilk cocoons

the beatlesthe beatles

Volunteer work in Hill tribes, Chang Mai

by sandy333

How would we go about arranging volunteer work with hill tribe villages in chang mai? Through the tour operators?

Re: Volunteer work in Hill tribes, Chang Mai

by ks01

Please see this link.
and contact Mr. SumTingWong for more information.
Have a great time in Thailand.

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Sorry this part is kind of sick... part 12

by herzog63

But at day break I did wake up! But I wasn't feeling good. My stomach felt pretty bad. I needed to get outside fast and as I got out the door I started throwing up! And as I was doing that I could hear the pigs come running over from the other side of the small field. The next thing I knew they were gobbling up my vomit and I was throwing up on their heads! That vision is permanately branded onto my brain.

Bamboo Rafting

by frankcanfly

Be sure to ride a lazy bamboo raft down one of the rivers. It's relaxing and nostalgic.

Plan on getting wet!! The local children have no fear when it comes to splashing tourists coming down the river. In fact, I suspect they plan their day around it!!!

Tuk tuk

by stefano99

Tuk tuks are motorised rikshaws and a quick way (if smelly and probably unsafe) means of getting from A to B in Chiang Mai. The typical charge is 50-80 baht depending on the distance, usually willing to barter though.

Pink Floyd themed pub

by Willettsworld about The Wall

The Wall is a bar dedicated to the rock music of Pink Floyd, although they also play some Stones and Bowie, with Pink Floyd posters and LP's hanging on the walls along with photos of previous visiting punters on the "Wall of Fame". I came here a couple of times, once for lunch and once for dinner where I had a good Thai green chicken curry, rice and a large portion of prawn crackers plus, of course, a beer. Beer is more expensive here than the Sports Bar place across the road.

A trek in the wild

by Rojo72

When you're in Chiang Mai you're so close to the jungle you'd have to be pretty darn stupid if you don't go on a trek. We had quite short time at our hands so we did a combined 1-day tour with trekking, an elephant ride, visits at two villages and a rafting in the end.

I was in Chiang Mai in april 2002, right in the midsth of the dry season, so the green was not so green and the whitewater rafting turned out quite calm, but it was all very nice.

There are loads of travel agencies in Chiang Mai. Look around for one that seems credible and book there.

Our organiser (whom I can't remember the name of) had its office maybe 20 meter down to the right on the street straight from Tha Phae gate.

Comments