Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai

See Amenities
Mikebb's Profile Photo

Return Visit - Excellent Renovated Room

by written on December 24, 2013

We returned to Chiang Mai the first week of February 2013 to attend the Flower Festival. Our group having stayed at the Royal Princess Hotel twice previously over the past 6 years were pleased to find the hotel better than before.

Our ensuite room had recently been renovated to a high standard, the dining room maintained its high standard and breakfast buffet had an extensive choice of hot and cold food.

Located close to the Night Market this hotel is excellent value.

Directions: Opposite the large Night Market, plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants either side of the road.

Not bad

by written on February 21, 2009

I stayed there the last time, the hotel was quite alright, but I thought it was the price was quite expensive. I met a local friend, and she said that we were able to get cheaper hotel around the night bazaar area. The location though was excellent, if you want to stay near the night bazaar. The rooms are alright, nothing special, I would say. The breakfast was good.

Linda_T's Profile Photo

Location, Location

by written on August 4, 2007

The Royal Princess Hotel is situated in the middle of the night bazaar and close to many restaurants.

The rooms are a little tired. Breakfast was buffet style and a great selection. Staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly at all times.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to stay near the bazaar.

Wonderful Hotel

by written on April 3, 2007

Having read some of the comments about this Hotel made me wonder how accurate a guide this forum really is....so many made negative comments about this Hotel!

I must admit I am a fussy traveller and am the first to complain about Hotels,their facilities and especially the food.

I stayed in a Deluxe Room and could not have wished for a nicer room,maybe a little old but certainly well maintained and reflected the Thai decor.

I didn't have any problem whatsoever with the staff,all very friendly,and the food was excellent.

I would have no hesitation in staying there again nor recommending it to anyone else.

Directions: Middle of the Night Market area,plenty of eating and drinking places...bit crowded at night but otherwise ok.

Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great location!

by written on December 20, 2006

This hotel is ideally situated for shopping in the Night Bazaar as well as easy access to local restaurants and international fast food 'joints'.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is buffet style with everything you could imagine and more besides.

Unique Quality: Ideally situated for the Night Bazaar and grabbing all the bargains you desire!

easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Chiang Mai's best hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2006

We loved it so much we'd like to go back for every winter.

Unique Quality: Friendly , fantastic breakfast, excellent location , and spotlessly clean rooms!!

Directions: Night market outside

NOT 4 Star

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 20, 2006

Definetly NOT the 4 star the hotel advertises. Noisy, cockroaches in the room, marginal room service. We were assured transportation would be arranged ( a taxi ) for a late nite flight departure, only to find out when it was time to leave no one knew anything about it, but they would transport us for 4 times the going taxi rate, since no taxis available in the late night. They management could have made the fact that taxi's were not available when we made the arrangements, but we were ASSURED by the day manager a taxi would be arranged for our departure. The night personnel were completely dis-interested in the problem and apparently only expressed interest in the inflated baht returns.

CookieCook's Profile Photo

R & R at The Royal Princess

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2006

Stayed here for a night after completing a 3 day jungle trek. Was well worth the 2500 baht to get cleaned up and enjoy a decent breakfast. Would recommend doing this to anyone as it made my girlfriend and I feel so refreshed and re-vitalised. Nice pool and excellent gym facilities. Only gripe was not being able to use internet unless paying the flat fee for one hours usage where as I only needed to check email. This not really a problem because of the hotels location, theres a decent air-conned Internet Shop just opposite in the complex housing McDonalds etc.

Unique Quality: Good airport taxi service (free of charge), didnt get this in bigger hotels in Bangkok.

Directions: Night Market

Mikebb's Profile Photo

Very Comfortable Hotel, Well Located

by written on February 22, 2006

Update March 2010. We returned for a 3 night stay and found our room on the 7th floor in need of refurbishment. Some of our group were accommodated on the 8th floor in beautifully refurbished rooms. In Thai fashion they refurbish from the top floor downwards.When booking request a refurbished room.

The hotel public areas including the restaurant were first class. As always the location is superb, being 100 metres to the night market.

We were in a group of 34 persons holidaying in Thailand and found this hotel to be excellent. Our room was satisfactory, had plenty of room to move and upon arrival we were delivered a beautiful fruit platter. The breakfast included was of a high standard and we used the restaurant ( Garden Cafe ) for several evening meals, the hotel has 2 other upmarket restaurants.

The staff were polite, efficient and gave good service, in fact when I enquired about a river cruise they contacted the operator and arranged a free pick up and return to hotel.

I used the swimming pool each afternoon of our 5 day stay and found it to be clean and enjoyable, there is also a fitness centre adjacent to the pool.

The hotel is located opposite the Night Bazaar and street market,we found this to be a positive as we could easily come and go.

As we were a group touring we obtained an excellent deal, however I believe the normal daily charge is very reasonable.

I can recommend this hotel as an excellent regional hotel.

Unique Quality: Good accommodation, well located to night activities, local restaurants and the river.

Directions: Opposite the Night Bazaar and near the river.

Excellent location

by written on February 1, 2005

I would recommend this hotel as I have stayed there on two separate holidays and found it to be just what I wanted. I love shopping, so for me, this was the perfect place to be. I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful and had no complaints about our room or the service. I certainly had no problem with noise. When I go back to Chaingmai again I will certainly return to this hotel.

Unique Quality: I thought the location was just perfect, the Night Market is just at the hotel entrance.

leebee1's Profile Photo

Good Position!

by written on August 18, 2004

The best thing about this hotel is quite simply, position. But the best thing, could easily be the worst thing. It is located right in the middle of the Night Bizzare, which is great if you want to shop, eat out, get massages etc. Its all at your doorstep. But if you want a quiet night in, your not gonna get quiet. Its fairly noisy at this hotel.
The service isnt a strong point either. I changed money on numerous occasions here, and the teller didnt even so much as look at me. We also had to ask for our air con to be fixed, on several occasions.
I also spent every night sleeping halfway down my bed, as the bedhead was pretty scary looking.
If your not too particular about service or amentities, I would recommend this hotel purely for its location!!!

heywinks's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2003

This was an excellent hotel. I stayed here the night I got back from my 2 night/3 day trek so it was a real treat & much deserved. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, slippers & bathrobe provided, the staff exceptional.
Breakfast was included in our room fee. It was a buffet breakfast of Western & Asian food. Very good.
A welcome drink is also given upon check-in.
It was a walk-in check-in & I was told a price & tried to bargain. I was with 2 other people & we paid 2200baht/night. If you decide to just walk-in it is up to you to bargain down the price if you so wish. I think we got a really good deal. The internet prices I have seen are a bit more than what we paid, esp since there were 3 of us.

Unique Quality: There is a pool & small exercise room. The pool was very welcoming after walking around all day in the heat.

Directions: Located right next to the night bazaar. Just a few steps away, literally.

Nearby Royal Princess Hotel Chiang Mai

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Chiang Mai Travel Forum

Need advice about Chiang Mai, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Chiang Mai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chiang Mai hotel reviews

Tasty snack
An adventure in food
Outstanding meal!
Restaurants
Difficult to find but worth the effort
Average at best
Nice lunch, great dessert
Restaurants
Great food with a couples type atmosphere
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Golden Pagoda