Sankampaeng Hot Spring

Moo 7, Tambon Ban Sahakorn, Mae-On Sub District, Chiang Mai, 50130, Thailand
Sankampaeng Hot Spring
Agoda.com Otel.com

More about Chiang Mai

DON'T YOU BITE ME NOW...DON'T YOU BITE ME NOW...

and great foodand great food

Elephant ride into the jungleElephant ride into the jungle

Ready to dry and to be soldReady to dry and to be sold

November weather

by Dabchick

I am hoping to go to Chiang Mai for Loy Krathong this year, can any one tell me what the weather is likely to be like. Many Thanks.

by Janemei

I was there in Chiangmai for the same festival in 2005. It was humid. Not much rain. I wore sleeveless and cargo shorts the whole time. Bring a hat! Or better yet, buy one there. It's really cheap. I also would buy some linen tops for coverage from the sun and it's great just in case it gets abit windy at night. Wish I was going again.
Have fun!

by keszzz

By mid-November the rainy season is over, and the cool season has begun.

------------
I've been in Chiang Mai for the last two Loy Krathongs, and I find the weather has been ideal: warm, but not hot, sunny days; and cool clear nights.

It's my personal opinion, but I think the Loy Kratong in Chiang Mai is one of the coolest events, anywhere in the world.

tip: It's very popular with Thai people and foreigners alike, so I suggest you book your flights and hotels, EARLY.

by tonicm

November is a great time of year in Chiang Mai. Warm sunny days with lovely blue skies and the evenings a little cooler.
Last November 2006 was absolutely gorgeous I remember it well as my parents visited.
Loy Krathong is also a great festival with the skies full of floating lanterns (krathongs_ I recommend it very highly

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Cave Climbing

by vigi

After elephant ride, we got another short trek for one an hour, then lunch. Today menu is fried noddles with vegetables and chicken. After that is another adventure session: rock climbing in the dark!

QUEEN SIRIKIT BOTANICAL GARDENS

by balhannah

These Gardens I was told, are a bit off the tourist trail, so therefore, are a little difficult to get to. As this was the case, I hired a Taxi for the day, the fee was 1000t/b, (in 2009)

The garden was only established in 1993, and is situated in a pretty area in the foothills of Doi-Suthep-Pui, Mae Rim, and covers and area of approx 1000 hectares.
The main object of this garden is to serve as a centre for research and botanical study of biodiversity and enviromental conservation.

It is a little different to other Botanical Gardens I have visited, although, since returning home and looking at their website, I think my driver did not let me see all of it! Perhaps he thought I didn't want to walk, don't know!
I was only taken to the Glasshouse complex, (this seems to be the main area of the gardens), and nowhere else!

I did notice notice signs saying "White Flower collection", "Australia corner", "Climber Trail."
Evidently, there is a Rock garden, Thai Orchid Nursery, Thai Plants & Medicinal Plants Trail and Arboreta Trail.

So, if you do get to visit the gardens,
TELL THE DRIVER YOU WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING THERE IS!
.....AND NOT JUST THE GLASSHOUSES!

OPEN DAILY..... 8.30 - 5 pm
ADMISSION...... 40t/b Car/Taxi 100t/b

Sleeper Train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai

by alvinpie

We took the 7:40PM train and arrived around 9AM the next morning. First class ticket cost us a little over $30USD but it also covers one night hotel stay. So it wasn't all that bad.

The sleeper cart is very comfortable and I had a very good night's sleep.

The best part of this trip is that when I woke up in the morning, I saw myself surrounded by Northern mountains and green fields.

Don't forget to bring some snacks and fruits with you and a good company to make this trip even more enjoyable. I know I did.

The only thing I had problem with was the rest room on the train... It was clean alright, but not all that easy to use when the train keeps swaying from side to side

Green Papaya Salad - Som Tam

by bpacker about Street Food Stalls

If I have to pick one favourite Northern Thai dish, it would have to be Som Tam or Green Papaya Salad. It's widely available on the streets and for a grand price of 20B, a hawker would provide an interesting side show for you. He'll peel the papaya, throw in some ingredients and pound the salad in a huge wooden pestle for you. I love watching the hawker do this and the results are always delicious. Nothing beats the crunch of the shredded green fruit, spiced with fiery chillies, roasted peanuts and salty fish sauce. Look for this dish while you're on the streets in Chiang Mai and make sure it's made on the spot. If you're feeling icky eating this on the streets, you can try this delicious salad at Si Phen Restaurant for 30B.

Should the craving strike at home, you can try the recipe at home.

Recipe for Som Tam
1 dark green papaya
4 garlic cloves
6 Thai chilies (the small fiery kind)
2 tomatoes ( I prefer cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup chopped long green beans
2 tablespoons fish sauce ( nam pla )
1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) lime juice

1.Peel the papaya skin.

2.Remove the seeds and shred the flesh with a grater.

3.Set aside.

4.Place the garlic cloves and chillies in a mortar and pound with a pestle until the juice is released.

5.Add the papaya and the remaining ingredients. Pound with the pestle and a spoon. Serve at room temperature.

Pan Tao temple

by pattayaraj

Pan Tao means thousand of stoves. It derived from the legend that told about this area was originally located the Buddha images crucibles and stoves for Chedi Luang temple. Pantao temple is a small temple where have some important buildings such as:
-The viharn,it was formerly a palace residence. King Inthavichayanontha,the 7th King of Chiang Mai dynasty dedicated the pavilion to be a viharn, so it 's not just a beautiful place, it 's also an example of pavilion in Lanna style.This viharn 's a huge teak building decorated with carving wood,gold gilded and colourful glass. The highlight 's on the pediment over the front door, it's a peacock carving covered with chedi and nagas. Others interesting things are carving pediment over windows and gable ends.

Comments