Tapae Place Hotel

2 Soi 3 Tha Phae Rd., Chang Klan, Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Chiang Mai, 50100, Thailand
Tapae Place Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Tapae Place Hotel

Thapae Gate to Night Bazaar

by solotraveller

Is these 2 places within walking distance ?

Can anyone recommend any hotel below US20 between these 2 places ?

by chiabh

it will take about 5 mins walk from thapae gate to the night bazaar... regards.chia

RE: RE: Thapae Gate to Night Bazaar

by solotraveller

According to maps, the Night Bazaar is located somewhere along a road between the Thaphae Gate and the River, it can't be 5 mins walk so near.

Is this the Night Bazaar which runs along the side of a long heavy traffic road facing some cafes and high rise buildings ? It don't seems close to Thaphae Gate during my last visit. Unless it is a different night bazaar.

by Wann

My last visit I stayed at Tha Phae Place, located next to Wat Buppharam Temple, in the middle of Tha Phae Rd. Here’s in between 2 places you mention, walk 10 min to Night Barzaar and 5 min to Tha Phae Gate.

by thaitravelking

The answers are:

Yes, they are within walking distance; you'd take about 10 minutes to walk from one to the other.

Stay at the Tapae Place Hotel, a small Thai hotel which charges around Baht1,000 for a superior twin including breakfast, right in between the Gate and Night Bazaar areas.

Trying to locate a hotel we stayed at

by mikseg

Hi all.
We stayed in Chiang Mai during October 2007 and plan on returning during January 2009.
We don't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at and enjoyed. We remember the location. I will try to give exact directions:
When leaving the night bazaar on the northern end you turn left (on Tae Phae Street), walk a few blocks and the hotel is on the left side a bit off the street.
There is a driveway to the entrance and then it continues under the building to a small parking lot. The entrance to the hotel is on a side street. On the right side there is a glassed in restaurant/coffee shop. On the left of the lobby is a spa center.
The name may have something Japanese in it, or not.
It is situsted right near Wat Bupparam (with a Donald Duck statue in the front yard).
On the corner of Tae Phae Street is a motorbike rental shop with scooters parked along the way.
If anyone out there can help us, we thank you in advance.

by venoquine

Try the link below, there is a list of all hotels in chiang mai, you might recognize yours.i was thinking about royal lanna su:

by lucy60

Maybe Suriwongse? Chang Klan Road www.suriwongsehotel.com

by thaitravelking

Hi there!

I think the hotel you're wanting is the Tapae Place Hotel... it matches your description and is just next to Wat Bupparam. I've stayed there before and it is a clean, safe budget hotel.

Their tel: 66 01-8816986
Email: tapaehotel@hotmail.com
Address: 2 Tapae Road Soi 3, A. Muang, Chiangmai 50100

by mikseg

Thank you so much.
We looked Thae Pae Place hotel up and found pictures. That is the place.
Thanks again.

by travelagent4thailand

ummmm.... google earth?

make a pin on the map - send the link to me, i will have my friend in chiang mai give you the exact hotel...

this sounds like a plot in Mission Impossible - but let's try it for kicks :-)

2 weeks in Thailand

by bronek

Hi everyone,
Going to Thailand in Feb/March 2006.
Still haven't decided fully of were and what but so far it's like this.
Bangkok for a couple of days staying at Buddy Lodge and wanting to go see a Muay Thai fight at Limpini Stadium.
Day trip to Kanchanaburi.
Train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai Staying at Tapae Place Hotel staying there for don't know but want to go to Chang Rai as well.
Plane from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui direct with Bangkok Air. Staying at Moonhut Bungalows at Maenam for the remainder of my time.
Questions i have are with the places i'm staying at (especially moonhut) what are they like and prices published on the web reasonable?
How long should i stay at Chiang Mai?
Is Sukothai worth seeing?
I like to experience pretty much everything a country has to offer.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanx.
Brian.

RE: 2 weeks in Thailand

by johnaalex

I definitely think Sukothai is worth seeing. I stayed in Phitsanulok and hired a driver to show me the sights. It was well worth the cost as i saw thing I know I would not have seen had I just gone there by myself. There is a lot there, but with a good guide you can see most of it in a day without rushing.

Regards

John

RE: 2 weeks in Thailand

by xuessium

HI! I would like to invite you to have a look at my bro's VT page on Chiang Mai: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6818a/160f65/. You may find some useful tips there. Cheers!

Comments