Yaang Come Village Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

90/3 Sridonchai Road, Tambol Changklan, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai, 50100, Thailand

Yaang Come Village
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Yaang Come Hotel Chiang Mai

The Yaang come village in Chiang Mai is one of Chiang Mai's new hotels, the Yaang Come Village has a great location in Chiang Mai and is close to the center, the night market bazaar. Rooms at the Yaang Come Village Chiang Mai are well designed and comfortably furnished. The facilities and restaurants are well designed. Service is excellent with charming staff. The Yaang Come Village chiang Mai has speedily become one of the most popular hotels to stay in when visiting Chiang Mai. Local rates for the Yaang come Village chiang Mai are very reasonable for the high quality of the rooms, the good facilities and charming service.

Unique Quality: Beautiful Lanna style design and decor, the Yaang Come Village chiang Mai presents a style that is pleasing and also functionable.

Directions: Chiang Mai

• alegriasu's Profile Photo

Paradise in Central Chiang Mai

Of all the hotels we stayed in during our 2 week trip to Thailand, Yaang Come Village was the best and most memorable. I will definitely recommend this place for any honeymooners or people who want excellent accommodations.

Service at this resort is amazing. You feel so warm and welcome from the start to the end of your trip. They know you by your first name and not by your room number. The front desk staff will bend over backwards to make sure that your stay is most enjoyable. They were able to make all the arrangements for Thai Cooking School and a Khantoke Dinner and Show.

There is free internet access in the lobby for all guests to use.

The facilities are extremely gorgeous. All I can say is that I come back to this hotel every night and feel like I'm in paradise. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and well decorated. The bed is huge and they give you 4 pillows that are super fluffy. The bathroom has a shower that has a bench inside and a separate urinal for the men. When tour groups drop me back at the hotel, I would always hear other travelers say how pretty Yaang Come is compared to the places they stay at.

Unique Quality: They provide you with matching elephant pattern robes and slippers.

You get fresh fruit basket upon arrival and they surprised me with a few extra fruit baskets.

Directions: 1 block from the Night Bazaar

More about Yaang Come Village Hotel

Fantastic all round!

by TripAdvisor Member ivorlittle

I have just returned from 2 nights at the Yaang come village...It was one of the most pleasant few days i have ever spent in a hotel...The managaress goes out of her way to ensure that your every need is catered for...The staff are very polite and proffesional, and the food is incredible! The rooms are modern yet retain a Thai feel, as is the whole hotel...

I had just had a very bad experience at the Ban Sabai Chiang Mai, and checked out in the hope of finding somewhere for the remaining 2 nights of my holiday that would offer a peacefull relaxingf experience....My only regret is that i had not moved to the Yaang Come sooner!

I would reccommend this hotel without question, i cannot think of a single fault....

A great find - recommended

In complete contrast to 'San Francisco May 13', we found this oasis to be one of the best places we've stayed anywhere in recent years - and we've done a fair bit of travel in Asia over the years. We can only endorse the comments of most of the other reviewers who gave Yaang Come Village 5 stars. The hotel is only 7 months old and its own website is now up and running, so check it out.

We stayed 8 nights (after 8 nights in Bangkok), mixing day trips out into the countryside (Hill tribe villages, Chiang Rai, golden triangle etc) with walks in lovely Chiang Mai or taking an easy 2 hour boat trip up river. We would definitely also recommend the tours offered by the hotel and our day trips were made more enjoyable due to Sorny, who was a most interesting and gracious guide. The location is perfect with the night market close by and we'd also recommend the 'Sunday Walking Street' market, if you're lucky to be there on a Sunday, where part of the old city is completely closed to traffic. By the end of our time at Yaang Come we were completely relaxed and ready (well almost!) to rejoin the insanity of the real world back home!

Little oasis in Chang Mai

by TripAdvisor Member Adrianne

My husband and I stayed here June 3-8 and had a wonderful time. The hotel is in a great location for walking everywhere, the old city, the night market, the river. the staff and management were very helpful even with limited english at times. free yoga classes monday and friday evenings. the rooms were large and tastefully decorated. the ambiance of the hotel was relaxing and the pool very refreshing both for morning and evening swims. I would stay here again with no reservations.

Chang Mai in general is a wonderful little city with plenty of corners to explore and people being very helpful and curious. the sunday night walking street is a great place to people watch and pick up gifts for family and friends. I would defintely recommend taking a cooking class if you have the chance. We took a class through Kaohom Culinary Treasure cooking school. It was just the two of us. the school is set in a beautiful garden just outside the city. They pick you up and bring you back to the hotel. The food, the setting, and the people at the school are delightful. Its a great way to get involved in the culture and learn more about the people. Kanchana, the owner, goes out of her way to make sure you are having the perfect experience.

Overall, would definitely recommend Yaang Come Village as a place to stay in Chang Mai.

Superb accomodations - Shocked by the negative responses

by TripAdvisor Member Goingback

We stayed at Yaang Come Village May 9 - 16, 2006.

This hotel is just perfect and I'm somewhat confused by the negative reviews from the previous posters.
Our room was brilliant: the attention to detail was greatly appreciated. The fresh flowers, the fresh fruit, the magazines and information brochures that were set out for our perusual. The lovely painted mural that was centered above our bed. The bathroom with the big soaker tub and the beautiful wash basin. The fact that when they came to do turn-down service any used towel or face cloth was replaced and set with more fresh flowers - it was as if you had just checked in.
The last two days were rainy ones and not once did we experience any problems with the electricity.
We had no problem with the prices being adjusted higher when we checked in - in fact, we received the promotional rate.
We had no problem with ANY of the staff - front desk or otherwise. Everyone made us feel like we were a valued guest. Any time we had a question they went well out of their way to make sure we received an answer.
We met people from NY, Chicago, Britain - nobody had any complaints.
Madam Aree is by far, the best GM I have ever had the opportunity to meet and I cannot wait to go back again next year.

Paradise in Central Chiang Mai

by TripAdvisor Member alegriasu

It is centrally located in Chiang Mai and is 1 block away from the famous night bazaar. We were also able to find great restaurants and spas within walking distance. It is about a 10 minute drive from the Chiang Mai Airport, and the hotel can arrange van pickup for 150THB.

Service at this resort is amazing. You feel so warm and welcome from the start to the end of your trip. You are known by your first name and not by your room number. The front desk staff will bend over backwards to make sure that your stay is most enjoyable. They take care of all the arrangements for any excrusions that we wanted, including the Thai Cooking School and a Khantoke Dinner and Show. When we were leaving, they called restaurants in Phuket to secure dinner reservations for that night. They do all this with a smile and without any additional fees.

There is free internet access in the lobby for all guests to use. There are only 2 terminals so go early in the morning or else the wait can be long. Printing costs 10THB per laser print out.

Daily breakfast in the restaurant is great! They have both Thai and international selections so you won't go hungry. There is also an egg/omlette station for made to order items. The best part of breakfast are all the fresh tropical fruits all peeled and pitted for you. (ie: lychees, rambutans, and mangosteens)

The facilities are extremely gorgeous. All I can say is that I come back to this hotel every night and feel like I'm in paradise. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and well decorated. The bed is huge and they give you 4 pillows that are super fluffy. The rooms are equipped with yellow elephant patterned bathrobes and matching slippers. You get fresh fruit basket upon arrival and they surprised me with a few extra fruit baskets during my stay. They hang a small fish made of banana leaf outside your room door to show that the room is occupied. The also have traditional Thai umbrellas ready for you to borrow during the rainy season. The bathroom has a shower that has a bench inside and a separate urinal for the men. When tour groups drop me back at the hotel, I would always hear other travelers "oooh and ahhhh" over my resort.

A piece of paradise in Chiang Mai

This hotel is lovely and made for a wonderful stay in Chiang Mai. There is a sense of peace and tranquility here dispite it being so close to the night bazaar and the central part of town. The room was excellant - large, clean and a fantastic bathroom. The pool was a really nice place to laze about after a day out and about even though the weather wasn't always great and the staff couldn't have been more attentive and welcoming. The airport pickup was really straightforward and easy.

The restaurant at the end of the drive served some of the best food I ate in Thailand and the coffee shop next door was well worth a visit for a caffine fix. A lovely stay - I regreted only having booked in for only 3 nights and will definately come back for more in the future.

Best hotel we stayed at in Thailand

by TripAdvisor Member DeeElle

We stayed in a large deluxe room overlooking the pool for 5 nights in April. The YCV is absolutely beautiful and our stay in Chiang Mai was a delight. We were very sorry to leave. The staff are without the doubt the most attentive and gracious people of any hotel we stayed in Thailand. The Manager made us feel like we were important guests and nothing was too much trouble. She gave us some excellent tips on shopping locations and ensured we were well looked after for our entire stay. The staff were kind, immaculate & responded to any queries. They even kept our 3+ yr old child occupied on a number of occasions.
The room was lovely and the grounds beautiful; with a very nice swimming pool. Food at the restuarant was above average; try the red curry which we thought was quite good.
There are some very good restuarants close by eg Whole Earth at the end of the drive.
We were in Thailand for a month and the YCV was the best hotel for setting, cleanliness & traditional ambiance in the 5 star category. Beautiful, tranquil surroundings with traditional Northern Thai feel. Not to be missed and you would have to be hard to please not to enjoy this amazing hotel. Cant think of a single negative other than a few mosquito bites so take the repellant. The staff sprayed the rooms which kept the mozzies at bay.
We will be back.

Chiang Mai

by sarahreynold

"Chiang Mai"

Chiang mai is Thailand's second largest city and the major commercial center of Northern Thailand. A bustling busy city that is also the center for visits to tourist and travel related sights throughout Northern Thailand. Hotels in Chaing Mai range from small budget Chiang Mai hotels, family and medium priced hotels to some top luxury hotels in Chiang Mai. Popular hotels include the Suriwongse, Duantawan Chiang Mai, Rydges, Tamarind Village, Rachamankha Chiang Mai and the Novotel. Some hotels in Chiang Mai are located close to the centre and the night bazaar whilst other Chiang Mai hotels are located in the sorrounding area, though transport is cheap and easy, ideal if you want to be close to Chiang Mai but stay in a resort or hotel a little away from Chiang Mai centre. The manathai Chiang mai is another new hotel, the Manathai Chiang mai is operated by the same owners as the Manathai Phuket which is excellent.
Chiang mai, although busy has a particular charm, and is also of course an ideal base to explore other parts of Northern Thailand. Hotel prices in Chiang mai are very reasonable, there are luxury hotels but also plenty of very good value 3 star and budget hotels

"Chiang Mai Boutique Hotels"

There are more and more boutique hotels opening in Chiang Mai. the Puripunn is one of the newest but there are now lots of smaller hotels and boutique style accommodations in Chiang Mai. The manathai and Puripunn are 2 new boutique style hotels in Chiang mai, there are also new Lanna style hotels such as the yaang Come Village, the Yaang Come Village Chiang mai has fast gained an excellent reputation. There are now so many Chiang Mai Boutique hotels to choose from. Some very nicd new small luxury boutique hotels.

"Yaang Come Village Chiang Mai"

The Yaang Come Village Hotel in Chiang mai is close to the center of chiang mai. designed in Thai lanna style the Yaang come is a lovely designed hotel with charming and friendly service. The Yaang Come Village has fast become one of the most popular places to stay in Chiang Mai amongst the excellent range of hotels there. There are now many more luxury hotels in Chiang Mai. The Yaang come Chiang mai is one of the best places to stay.

D2 or Yaang Come Village?

by haleysmith

We are planning a family trip to CM next summer and have looked at D2 and Yaang Come Village and even the Mandarin Oriental. D2 looks really gorgeous but doesn't seem to reflect any local colour (maybe I'm wrong?) whilst there were a few negative reviews re the YCV. Of course the MO looks out of this world but I'm worried that it is too far to be able to freely enjoy and explore CM. So it seems my leanings are towards the YCV. Any thoughts? So many thanks!

RE: D2 or Yaang Come Village?

by tahoekelly

Hi Haley from the UK!

We had the same dilemma as you, but didn't consider the Mandarin Oriental as we really want to be in town. I'd originally booked at D2 because of a great deal I got thru Small Luxury Hotels of the World (slh.com -- check them out and join "The Club" if you plan on staying at any of their properties). Then, like you, I thought it was just too hip and modern, without any feeling of being Thai. Then I booked at Yaang Come Village. Yes, there are some negative reviews here and on TripAdvisor, but the positive reviews outnumber the negative and I just like the look and "feel" (if you can get "feel" from a web site!) of YCV better. Also since "we" includes our almost 8 year old daughter, the better pool at YCV was the clincher.

We'll be there in late OCtober, so I'll be sure to post when we get back.

I LOVE planning a trip -- almost as much as being on one and sites like this make it so much more fun! I just wish I was not a working professional and mom so I could have more time to surf the 'net and plan even more trips, but guess we gotta work to pay for the plane tix!

RE: D2 or Yaang Come Village?

by lizzieban

hi, have you looked into bann orapin ? we loved our stay there in jan 2006. we like smaller boutique stlye places that reflect the culture. The family that run the place are lovely and the location is great! they call it a bed and breakfast but its really just a small hotel set in the lovely garden in the family compound.we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with 2 bathrooms ,2 storys,plently of room ,4 persons $100 australian .Including a fantasic breakfast.there are other styles of accomdtion too!I did alot of research to find the right place,in the right location , for the right price, and this place came out with flying colours.
if you want some photos let me know, can email to you!
good luck.

RE: RE: D2 or Yaang Come Village?

by tahoekelly

baan orapin looks beautiful, but there's no pool -- and a pool is a must when travelling w/ kids.

RE: RE: D2 or Yaang Come Village?

by lizzieban

IN REGUARDS TO A POOL,ONE IS IN THE WORKS SOON, AND WHEN WE WHERE THERE IN JAN /FEB IT WASNT HOT ENOUGH FOR SWIMMING!THERES SO MUCH MORE TO DO IN CHIANG MAI TOO!

Comments