Yod Doi Resort

1129 Kraisorasit Road, Vieng District, Amphur Muang, 57000, Chiang Mai, 50230, Thailand

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Chiang Mai

Another view of Siriphum waterfallsAnother view of Siriphum waterfalls

Jungle trek by WernerJungle trek by Werner

Cotton handbags & clothesCotton handbags & clothes

Karen girl with neck ringsKaren girl with neck rings

Train Station to Lotus PSK Hotel, Huay Kaew Road

by DarylC

I'm arriving by train on Sunday at 6am into Chiang Mai. Can anyone tell me if there's a bus that goes past the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew Hotel on Huay Kaew Road? How much would it cost and how regularly does it run?

If not, how much should I pay for a Songtaew and which one to get?

If anyone is available Sunday to show me around Chiang Mai that would be great. I'd be happy to trade the opportunity to practice English for a free tour guide!

Leave me a number and I'll call you when (if) I get to my hotel!

by mim95

I think your best bet is a songtaew. You have to tell the driver your destination (better to have the address or hotel written in Thai). It's hard to say how much the price is. I spent a couple of weeks in CM, and I really hate to take the songtaew, as there doesn't seem to have a particular route, you always have to flag one down and tell the driver where you are going. Sometimes they'll take you, sometimes they say no, or sometimes they try to overcharge you. It was very frustrating at times. Of course, if you can afford it, you can charter one and it can take you around anywhere.

by anything04

I personally think it is very convenient to travel by songthews, just get your address ready written or printed and show the driver and they will tell you how much, last year I travel within the town around and huay kaew road, i remember i paid baht 15 to 30 per person, it depends on the distance, if it is more than
baht 30 meaning they overcharge you. If you try to bargain and they say no never mind forget it, there are plenty of songthew for us to choose on the road.
You can always check with your hotel from the train station to their hotel how far is the distance and roughly how much for songthews, you don't have to charter a songthews to go round. hope it helps.

by keszzz

Your hotel is right behind the Kaed Suen Kaew Shopping Center.

Every RED Songtaew driver knows how to get to Kaed Suen Kaew.

If there appears to be a problem with him understanding your Thai pronunciation of Kaed Suen Kaew, you can ask him to take you the main department store at Kaed Suen Kaew, which is Central.

Note: It's my understanding Thai words can't end in 'L', so it's pronounced: Centran.

-------
The going rate for the Red-Taxis (songtaews) anywhere in Chiang Mai is: 15-baht for Thai people, 20-baht for falangs (foreigners).

If he holds up three fingers, tell him bye-bye, and wait 30-seconds for the NEXT songtaew.

-----
There might be red taxis waiting for the train that would possibly/probably charge more.

I would suggest walking the short distance to the main road, and catching one there.

Travel Tips for Chiang Mai

Beautiful forest pt 9

by herzog63

On this first day most of our hiking was done through areas that look like this this which was real nice for me to see. We didn't come to a village until late afternoon. I thought we would be coming across more villages along the way but we didn't.

WHITE THAI VILLAGE

by balhannah

STOP 3 on TRIBAL TOUR

Continuing on the back roads, out next stop was at a proper White Thai village.

Here, we wandered amongst their homes, meeting the people and learning about their culture.
We learnt, that the White Thai women when single, wear white clothing, and when married, wear the coloured clothing.

At this village, there was an extremely large number of PIGS! all chained, some with Piglets.
Some WERE TERRIBLY THIN, not what I am used to seeing, and heart breaking.

The Villagers here were not selling anything!

Flat Chat on a tuk tuk

by peteyjim

We got a ride on this cool little tuk tuk round Chiang Mai. What a great ride, if a little bumpy. Just don't catch one from outside your hotel, as they may rip you off, if they think you're staying in a nice one.

International Fare

by trisanna about Art Cafe

This restaurant serves a bit of everything. A good place to go if you are traveling with a group and someone doesn't like Thai food. I don't know how anyone couldn't love Thai food-but anyway, this is a nice place. They even serve some Mexican dishes. They are known for their icecream.

Trekking - Chiang Mai

by Designerartgirl

A trip up to Chiang Mai is well worth a trip and the money. There are a number of different treks around both in length and in what you do. I went on a four day trek, involving walking, elephant trekking and rafting. Despite being tiring, its something which i would do again and again, if anything just to see what i saw, all over again....

Comments