229 Moo. 1 | Golden Traingle Chiangrai, Chiang Rai 57150, Thailand

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 315% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Myndo's Profile Photo

Best View on the Triangle

Very nice hotel, located so, that you have a wonderful view on the Mekong River and the Golden Triangle right out of your room.

Unique Quality: Clean and nicely decorated rooms (lot of wood), big bed.
    Balkon to sit out in the evening.
    Quiet in the night.

In the evening while having dinner in their restaurant, they offer a short show with local dances, quite cute made actually - not so professionel as elsewhere.

Buffet is good and with many choices.

More about Anantara Resort & Spa Golden Triangle

Jewel in the Golden Triangle

by glasstech about Anantara Resort & Spa

Anantara located in Chiang Saen was awesome. Again we hit when there were hardly any guests so we had the place to our selves and a handful of other guests. Beautiful setting relaxing by the pool. The warmest water we have ever swam in. The quality of everything was excellent except the service in the bar was kinda slack. Other wise the rooms were really nice, with monstrous bath tubs. Party of four no problem! Beautiful infinity pool with incredible views. Very peaceful. Very relaxing.

Dream honneymoon

by TripAdvisor Member Bico

Me and my wife returned just about 3 weeks from Thailand. It was our honneymoon and we spent 7 days in Anantara Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen. Of all the hotels of Thailand it was the less expensive and also the best ! The grounds were fantastic with a feel of true oriental mysthic. The elephant camp is the star of the company... giving a bath to baby elephants and giving them food was a real dream to my wife. The pool was the best ever been... the tradicional musician girl playng at late afternoon turned some moments real magical. The rooms were great with an excellent view to Laos and Myanmar. The food was good, but not excellent. The service was top-notch. I canĀ“t really say any negative issue, if we think it is an hotel that costed about 120 dollars by night. Ultra - romantic !!!

Go, Go, GO!!

by TripAdvisor Member Mand-Lou

You must stay at the Anantara!! My husband and I had a 3 night stay there and wished we could have extended it. The location and peaceful setting is what makes this place; such a welcome relief after flying in from Bangkok. The rooms were very well appointed and almost romantic in feel.....huge bath tubs for two and the best thing was the balconies - so nice as they are completly private whilst being cosy with big cushions allowing you to sit out of an evening and look out to nature.
The staff were (as with everywhere in Thailand) so friendly and helpful. We ate in both restaurants and the service was always excellent. We particuarly enjoyed the Italian which made a nice change to the main restaurant and we found the food amazing. The pool bar/lunch area was also very enjoyable with plenty of nice tables/umbrellas areas for shade. The pool itself was one of the nicest Ive swum in...luke warm and up high so you can swim along and look out towards Laos and the hills.
If I ever go back to Thailand, the Anantara would be the first place I would head for a bit of pue relaxation and home-comfort feel.

Honeymooners' Sleepy Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Liss-Canary

Before I contemplate this review I keep reminding myself to put aside our experience of the simply magical Mandarin Oriental in Chiang Mai- which we stayed at prior to arriving here at the Anantara. It is simply unfair to compare any hotel in Thailand with that place.

Well, the Anantara: its good. First thing- don't stay here if you wish to enjoy the daily/nightime attractions of Chiang Rai: it is over one hour away by car. Just too far for an evening shuttle into town. It really is very remote and is ideal for those who wish to get away from it all for a few days. And that's just it, its ideal for a few days. I think a week here would be just too much unless you specifically enjoy sunbathing with views over the forested mountains of Laos and Myanmar (Burma)! And boy are the views impressive. I forced myself to take it all in whilst lying in the wonderful infinity pool for hour upon hour! All rooms appear to have views over the forest also.

We met some people who were participating in the Mahmout (elephant) training and it sounded fun- although the idea of getting up at 0630am went against the very pricipals of a honeymoon, right?! So I stayed in bed.

The food in the restaurant is good, the bespoke Italian restaurant is fantastic. The selection at breakfast is mind boggling.

The room was better than average whilst the oversize bath/shower was impressive and welcoming. There is a tv with DVD player. The selection of courtesy DVDs was not as impressive as the other places in Thailand at which we stayed.

So for things to do: The proximity of the Mekong river is a plus point. You can take a long-tail (very fast!) boat ride across to Laos which is fun. At which point you are only 266km from China.

The Opium Hall Museum (across the road and an easy walk from the hotel) is fantastic and is well worth a few hours of your time. The hotel provides free entry if you ask nicely! A trip to the Royal Project gardens and house about 45 minutes from the hotel is also a must.

One tip. The hotel can arrange you an evening's visit across to the 'Casino' (Paradise Hotel) in Myanmar (15 minutes door-to-door); don't do it. It was one of the most bizarre experiences of our lives. I would advise against western tourists spending an evening there, that is unless you enjoy feeling like a circus animal. The food, the drink and the entertainment are "exotic"!

Overall, the Anantara is great. The location is delightful and the service is great. The views and the pool are out of this world and you'll have a great time.

I'm in the mood for a Melody, I'm in the mood for a Melody, I'm in the mooood...

This was a welcome end to my Thailand tour of 2005. The good thing about not expecting the unexpected is finding out that the unexpected is unexpectedly wonderful. That is the case with this resort. Lush gardens out in front, excellent pool and view in back. I had an upstairs room, and the view was spectacular! Lots of local wildlife, including a gecko approximately 1 ft long, was expected, and added to the mystique of the location. That being said, people who stay at such lodgings and complain about the presence of lizards outside, and sometimes inside, as well as the multitudes of insects all over the property, have no business staying at such a hotel, as it isn't anywhere in a downtown area. As long as there was no dead moth or cricket in my room service food, interacting with the multilegged locals was fine with me. After a long day, indeed, room service was a novel idea for someone who was too tired to dress up for the restaurant. Food was excellent. Deep Fried Catfish (Yam Pla Dook Foo), the Tom Yum Goong, Goong Rue Pla Kapong Priew (Prawns with sweet and sour sauce), and all the other items I had during my stay were among the best I had during my gourmet travels of Thailand. The room was special, with a deck outside, and a wonderful tub/shower with a better than average position in the room in order to partake in room service dining. The bar is a great place, and the special of the night was a "Cool Melody" as they called it (Title of this review refers to the opening chorus of an old solo Robert Plant tune that comes to mind), with passion fruit syrup, orange and pineapple juice, and bourbon. I didn't do the elephant rides, as I already partook in that activity in Chiang Mai. The pool was attractive although I didn't use it, and the landscape was excellent for photography and morning or evening strolls. There is also an exercise and weight room on the property near the ponds towards the entrance. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to the region.

Romantic, Tranquil, Elegant, Beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member mddla

This hotel is truly a special place. Somehow able to marry adventure (elephant camps, tours of burma & laos) and zen like tranquility. The views from every room are spectacular. The decor of the hotel is understated and elegant. And the staff is warm, welcoming and attentive. My husband and I were so sad to leave this wonderful place and are eagerly awaiting the day we can return. Thank you Anatara for a truly magical holiday!!

Anantara Resort Chiang RaiAnantara Resort Chiang Rai

Hotel Suggestions?

by cl3150

I will be in Chiang Rai in early February and would like to get some suggestions for a nice, well-located hotel. So far, I have looked at the Legend, the Anantara, the Dusit, the River House, the Suanthip Vana, and the Golden Pine on the Internet, and they all look nice. Any feed-back based on personal experience would be very helpful. If there are others that you would recommend, I would like to hear about them, as well.

Thank you.

Re: Hotel Suggestions?

by SirHalberd

If you want to save a little money and be in a decent place why not check out the Montri Hotel. The Montri is right across the street from the Thapae Gate. There is a flea market of sorts at the gate every few days too! Easy walk to Seven Eleven stores, internet shops, restaurants and travel agencies for tours. Easy walk to the Night Market too!

I have used this hotel 3 different times over the years. All rooms have air, hot water, privat toilet/shower, cable TV and maid service. Two elevators, safety box in lobby, hotel gives free rides back to the airport.

Good luck.