Pai Hotsprings Spa Resort

Satisfaction Poor

More about Pai

hotel poolhotel pool

Concert Reggae Festival in PaiiConcert Reggae Festival in Paii

Everytime we went we had a great timeEverytime we went we had a great time

Pai riverPai river

treks

by dakgrl

Looking to do a trek-hilltribes/elephants. Better to book one out of chiang mai, or in Pai? looking for one more authentic- where preferably can interact w/ hilltribes-or get true sence of culture.
If time is limited- should i stay in chiang mai and do a trek to Pai, or just also stay in Pai?
Thanks.

Re: treks

by sezabell

havent done a trek from pai but have spent 2 weeks there that was meant to be a 2 night stay because we just loved the place and from what ive heard treks are pretty good from there to,so i say its well worth the 3 hour bus ride. we also did a ride with the elephants but unlike the 1 we did on a trek in chang mai the first time to thailand we were sitting bareback on them and went into the river still on their backs and swam with them! fantastic. ask around as i think there was only 1 camp that did this.

Travel Tips for Pai

Find yourself a good hammok and use it

by papajoeb

My favorite thing about Pai is that you never know what day it is, nobody else knows what day it is and nobody cares!

You can find some good info on Pai at:
http://www.maehongsontravel.com/paigeneral.html My fondest memories of Pai are laying in my hammok, riding the elephants and sitting around with everyone at night playing music, singing, chatting and expanding our states of mind!

Rafting in Pai river

by zazatann

One of very good memory on this trip for rafting in Pai River. For the one who think of going to MaeHongson as the next stop. This activity can be a good one to get there by the river. you can choose a short trip or stay over night in a jungle with hilltripe people which it's cool. the tour company provide for you all.

Lucas Cave

by paradisedreamer

This was the first time I have been in a cave with a guide who has only a lantern to guide us. You can actually appreciate how dark it is in there and it was much better than having discreet lighting and concrete floors.

Living by do nothing in Pai

by zazatann

"Do nothing in Pai"

This is the right place for my lazy day.

Pai, a small village in a beautiful mountain area of Mae Hong son province, the north of Thailand.
I pack my cloth and catch the flight for work in Chiang Mai.

I look quite funny when people see me in a very formal cloth but dirty bagpack.

No one knows I wait for the day to finish my work and continue my own trip to Pai later on…

RECOMMEND WEBSITE OF "PAI"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"An Orange bus to Pai"

I say good bye to all my colleague after finish tiring suck work….(ha..) I slept only 4 hours a day and it seems like ‘Pai’ is the right place for me to go.

Fay, my best friend comes to meet in Chiang Mai to join my trip after I finish worked. We start our early day to ‘Chang Puek’ bus station and catch Orange Bus, a local slang Thai word which it means cheap, old, slow and open air public bus. It costs only 69 Baht.

Orange bus leave only 7.00 and 9.00 a.m. and it takes about 4 hours to get to Pai.
You can look for a minivan from there to Pai. It costs about 160 Baht/person. It takes about 3 hours.

"Small little 'Pai'"

This is my 3rd times to visit Pai. Today Pai is like a big girl who is getting to teenager. My first time at about 10 years ago, Pai was like a little girl who was so pure and innocent.

I still love Pai today even though it changes a lot. I accept it because even I also changed. I don’t wear the same cloth as when my first visit, new bag and new age (older…). But it seems like Fay gets more excited than me as usual.

Oh well, seeing 4 children ride on the same bike is quite exciting. Don't you think??

Friday 23rd July 2004

by gib157

Woke up to some lovely rain. Had American breakfast again and left Pai in pick-up at 9.30 ish. Got to raft camp, very car sick, at about 11am. On my raft were Uri+ Ruth – brother and sister from Israel. We got onto the rafts at 12. There were maybe 30 seconds of rapids – dull rapids. The rest was just slow moving brown water – there had been A LOT of rain apparently so the water levels were really high. Swam at one point and went down some rapids by mistake. Was all very fun until I hit my arse really hard on a rock. Had lunch next to a waterfall, which I did not enjoy. It was beautiful but too many mosquitoes, and I didn’t like the food. Me, Uri and Sutamm swam, with the aid of a rope, to the other side to a tree branch water was so fast.
An hour later we got to the camp. Usual bamboo hut style. Had good dinner with some yummy pork, spilt the soup on myself though. Showed Uri+Ruth the card trick, which they guessed 2nd time round. After a long talk with Sasha about his Burmese heritage and the fact he was living in Thailand illegally I think me, Uri+Ruth went for a walk. There was supposed to be a spring somewhere but we got a little lost and then Uri decided to follow a stream uphill, which ended thick jungle so we came back. After that we played more cards and I learnt a cool trick.

Comments