Pai River Corner

94 moo 3, Viengtai, Pai, 58130, Thailand

Good For No Data
  • Tusitala's Profile Photo

Boutique style river resort

Pai River Corner is a delight. Right at the bottom of one of the main 'walking street' market streets, it is right on the banks of the Pai River, in a delightful rustic setting looking at Thai style villas on the other side of the river, and mountains beyond.

Pai is laid back but the service here is on the ball, under the management of Aussie proprietor Darren. I requested some wine glasses and was asked whether it was for red wine or white wine. Plenty of smiles, and lots of local tips available from the staff.

The Red Chang Bar is a small but comfortable little hang out on the river, a good place to meet fellow travellers and have a few cold ones.

Unique Quality: A small but nice pool area overlooking the river adds to the inviting tropical garden garden setting. We stayed in Room 7, the spa villa. Brilliant! The plunge pool/spa comes off the four-poster master bedroom, and is walled in for privacy, with lovely atmosphere. (Only one complaint, the bathroom seemed to adjoin a staff shower, with net result we could peek into their shower, so I presume they could peek into ours.)

Location wise, this place is brilliant. Everything is just outside the gate, a short walk away, yet it's quite and secluded, allowing to enjoy the best of tranquil Pai.

Directions: Follow Chaisongkram Road (one of the main 'walking streets' all the way down to the river, you'll see this on your right hand side)

More about Pai

Red Chang Bar at the resortRed Chang Bar at the resort

Paii 2 KlmPaii 2 Klm

A great place to relax in, keeps you dry as wellA great place to relax in, keeps you dry as well

Gun Lee in PaiGun Lee in Pai

Visit to Pai.

by dassi

Hello all.
Pai looks like a great plaace to visit .is october a good time to do so ? Can I rent a scooter there and is that a good idea?
Would even like to stay there for a week or 2.
Greetings
Bragi

by sezabell

hi not sure on the weather but we were there in start of november and it was nice was just starting to ger a bit chilly in the evenings as we were leaving.
we were only meant to be staying there for 2 days but ended up for 2 weeks, thats how much we liked it.there are things you can do there or you can just do what we did and found a hamock by the river and spent most out time relazing.there are hot springs that you can go into one of them or just for fun take an egg and cook it. youll see all the egg shells laying around.
there is a great waterfall to go to, my 9 year old son had great fun sliding down this on his bum.
if you want to see the elepahants there is 1 camp that you actually go into the river still on there backs and swim with them. well worth it.
tubing or river rafting.
good cooking classes.
if your in to motorbike riding you can do a whole day ride up in the jungle.be warned it is very extreme!!!! partner come off and down side off paths a few times.
you can organise treks here to as its close to lots of hill tribes as you will see many in the town.
we stayed at the darling bungalows right on the river the owner is annie.
cant say enough good things about pai so yes go and see for yourself

by teelawsu2003

yes,try to avoid longweeked or during newyear.We going on oct. 10 This is the 2nd visited.Scooter is the best idea only usd 5 a day[24 hrs].there is the place call aya closed to bus station.have fun you may end up stay longer than you wished .

by dassi

Hi again.
Thank you for your replys. I might even just do that stay there for a long time :)
Looking so much forward to this trip and hoping to see most of Thailand ,Laos and Vietnam.
Greetings
Bragi

Travel Tips for Pai

in between tradition and modern western days

by call_me_rhia

Pai is another non-descrptive northern town (village actually) that is restricted to about 4 streets... most of them taken over by the growing tourist industry. There are several agents organizing day trips to neighbouring tribal villages, or multi-day trekking adventures in the surrounding hills and mountains. Pai is also a place with several natural hot springs... so this is definitely my fondest memory: after nightfall, speing a few hours in and out of a hot pool with an Israeli traveller I met. The second fond memory are some funny shop windows in town: thai things side-by-side with western things... looked so out of place.

Looking for the green crested lizard

by call_me_rhia

my suggestions is to go hiking in the forest, not to reach any particular place, but to observe the magic of nature. After seeing one green crested lizard in the grassland surrounding the place where I was staying, I went for a forest walk to see more of them. They are shy reptiles with a green body and a blue-ish head that can be found in south-east asia, in remote and quiet areas. I did not succeed in taking a photo, so pls my apologies for the drawing and pc work: i'm by no means an artist. sturdy hiking boots and insect repellent (plenty of it)

Thai-Yunan cultural centre

by zazatann

Yunan is small migrated group from China. They speak Chinese and also Thai language. I take a ride to north part of Pai, same route as Wat Nam Hoo. Glad to find this place because it?s not different as visit China. You can feel the way of their living, building with soil or clay, food and traditional cloth that they wear. I heard that there?re many local use this place to have a party and meeting. How nice?..

Pai

by gib157

I caught the bus from Chaing Mai to Pai with Stuart from the trek. The bus was very uncomfortable and I was glad to get off. We stayed at Blue Guesthouse (250b for double room)for a couple of nights then Stuart left and I stayed for another night.
Pai is a very small town nestled in the hills with great scenery, watefalls and many trek type opportunities close by. The town seemed very laid back to me with some very cool little art shops and cafes, as well as a small music scene. We went to a very cool bar called Be Bop on the outskirts of Pai which had good live music- was VERY quiet though until about 10.45pm The locals were as always very friendly and we were invited to a free bbq where we were given an endless supply of kebabs and some dried fish whilst we played cards all night long. Pai is also a great place to rent out a scooter so you can visit the wateralls, hot springs and whiz through the local scenery.

At the temple on the hill there were some amusing signs like this one and another which said ' do not spit in the garden please'. Why would you do that anyway.

Thursday 22nd July 2004

by gib157

Oh I’ve just bought a new pen and it’s lovely. Only 7 baht, and some cool Thai ‘fisherman’ trousers for 80baht. Stuart left at 8am to go back to Chaing Mai and on to Bangkok to meet his girlfriend. I said a very tired goodbye and he said it had been ‘emotional’. Ha-ha. I felt a bit bad that I just lay there and didn’t really say bye. Found that I had lost the key to the bike lock. Spent 30 minutes on the Internet then the email froze when I sent it – that’s really starting to annoy me by the way. Went to a rafting centre and found out about a good sounding 2 day course for 1800 b. The man was really friendly and helpful.
Had an American breakfast there, which was good. Got my bike sorted out with no hassle or fine. Walked around a lot and then went for a foot massage at a place which sounded professional. I was the only one there. Washed my feet then went into a very airy floaty room and sat down on a far too comfortable chair. The massage was amazing, a bit tickly at first but after a while it was great, but I fell asleep because I was so relaxed!
Had fried ice cream (hmm) and coconut shake, cameback and shaved for the first time in 4 weeks. Nice! Read lots of book and then fell asleep.

Comments