90 M.2 Maeyaenpongrone Rd., T. Mae Hee, Mae Hong Son, Pai, 58130, Thailand
Agoda.com

More about Pai

sunset viewsunset view

View from Coffee in LoveView from Coffee in Love

Insects attracted to the lightInsects attracted to the light

ChediChedi

Hire bike with guide

by bill9786

I'd like to know if I can hire a bike with a guide/rider instead of riding myself.
In Vietnam this is common practice as foreigners can't rent vehicles there. Or can I get a taxi to go out of town? I want to do some volunteering or donating to rural schools.
thanks

Re: Hire bike with guide

by khunwilko

Transport will be the least of your problems if you want to "volunteer" - you'll need a work permit first. contact your consulate.
You can hire cars or motorbikes everywhere but you probably won't be insured unless you go with an international compnay. You need an IDP to drive legally. Doing so on a national licence may invalidate your insurance (even though hey hired you the vehicle!!)

Re: Hire bike with guide

by bill9786

I should clarify. I'm not confident about riding a motor bike on rural roads and would rather be on the back of one ridden by a local guide.

Thanks for the tip about work permits. I'll follow that up.

Travel Tips for Pai

Riding a bike in Pai ??

by prikje

Pai has a muslim community .
I found it very strange to find them over there.
At several times a day you'll hear the speakers calling to pray.
Personnaly I find it a pity to see veiled women amongst this openminded society.

Waterfalls and Poppies

by papajoeb

Hop on your trusty scoot and hit the road. Explore the country side and beautiful mountainous regions of Northern Thailand. There are many natural hot springs and great waterfalls nearby worth exploring and on the way you can stop and see what the local hill tribe peoples have to offer.

Get to 'Pai' river

by zazatann

"Pai" is the name of the river. So, it seems to miss something if you visit Pai but never seen the river. This river was such nicer in past 10 years ago but we had such a bad flooding last year and it wiped so many things and had left some ruin thing. However, it's getting back to alive again. "Pai" river is small but calm and gentle like feeling so peace when you stay in this town.

Pai

by paradisedreamer

Pai is nestled in the lush, mountainous terrain of northern Thailand, centuries removed from the fast paced life of Bangkok.
We stopped in Pai as part of a Jeep trek through the Mae Hong Son region. We were only in Pai for one night but the surrounding area is beautiful. We stayed in lovely bungalows surrounded by amazing gardens. In the morning it was nice and cool and there was a light mist which made it even more magical.

Our guide was fantastic, he had a wicked sense of humour. We had a lovely meal in Pai which he ordered for us and it was nice to try so many different things.

Comments