Ban Ao Nang Hotels

Our Members Say

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

Andaman Holiday Resort: Romantic holiday

We did not stayAddress: 98 Moo 36 Nongtalay Amphur Mua Krabi 0 in Ao Nang, our resort was a short distance away.
Andaman Holiday Resort is set in a former rubber plantation, on Klong Muang Beach, and the fifty-nine spacious cottages and hotel are surrounded by rubber trees and coconut palms to preserve the natural atmosphere of the resort.
There are two restaurants, gift shop, internet,
and pool.
When I mentioned our anniversary we were upgraded to a villa with a rooftop terrace. We also had an orchid arrangement and a fruit plate in our room when we arrived.

Unique Qualities: Nice views from the restaurant out to sea.
Pool was pretty but not open when we were there.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 27, 2009

Suite

• Marans profile photo Marans
  • Reviews: 2

For You Hotel: Cheap and nice hotel behind the main street

I tried to get a room att Jeanette's restaurant and she recommended a hotel just behind her place. (Look for the Tsunami-alarm-pole, by the stairs to the beach, and then just go in the back street, behind the main street..
A small but very nice hotel, run by a nice pair of young people.
I got a room high up, with a wonderful view of the Ao Nang bay area...

Highly recommended, nice and quiet, with family rooms and nice breakfast buffet.....

I stayed for 14 days, and the best was the washing-service, 30 thb for a kilo of laundry, nice, fast and dry clothes in the evening is a real treat!

Great views of the bay & islands, since it overlooks all other houses...
Close to the longtail-boats to the islands....
pharmacy & 7-eleven just down the street...

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 15, 2007
Tip Photo

The blue&white marqise was my room...

• mtcowgirl profile photo mtcowgirl
  • Reviews: 123

Krabi Resort: Comfortable & Tropical Surroundings

Krabi Resort is probably one of the (if not the) oldest resorts in Ao Nang. The hotel building was under renovation during my visit so the rooms will be updated and more comfortable than before, if that is at all possible.

I stayed in one of the deluxe bungalows near the seaside. With around 45 bungalows, the resort offers quiet and intimate lodging for those that just want to relax in a garden setting or be right on the beach.

The hotel has a fantastic little seaside restaurant that also serves a breakfast buffet. We ate lunch outside at the restaurant on several occassions and always had a good, affordable meal. I particularly liked the Pad Thai and fruit smoothies!

Staying in a bungalow was almost ridiculously cheap. Of course, lodging in Thailand is always quite affordable compared to Europe. If I remember correctly, I was paying around 2000THB a night for a deluxe bungalow quite near the seaside.

The staff of the hotel was quite friendly and as Thai hospitality goes, offered us a complimentary drink upon arrival. They also picked us up free-of-charge from the airport in Krabi which is a 30-minute drive! It's hard to ever say anything bad about service in Thailand because everyone really goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable.

There is a nice little Thai massage room with two girls doing traditional Thai and oil massages. The massage room is located near the restaurant and I was in heaven following a long kayak trip where I did in my shoulder...the girl worked out all the knots and I felt 100% better after an hour!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written June 25, 2007

• mtcowgirl profile photo mtcowgirl
  • Reviews: 123

Aonang Villa Resort: Affordable Luxury

From the minute you step into the lobby of Aonang Villa Resort you feel special. The staff go out of their way to provide you with the best Thai hospitality and making your stay comfortable. As you check-in, reception offers you a complimentary fruit drink which is quite delicious!

The rooms are well-furnished with spacious closets and a comfortably sized bathroom with a bathtub. Water is provided free-of-charge and is welcome during the hot summer months.

In a single room I was given a huge king-sized bed with plenty of soft pillows. I slept like a baby :)

When (not if) I return to Ao Nang, I will definitely look into staying at Ao Nang Villa again!

The resort has a couple different pools designated for fun or relaxation. Many of the rooms overlook the pools or have nice garden views from the balconies.

Breakfast is a grand affair in the large restaurant. A hostess seats you and immediately a waiter is asking you for your tea/coffee order. The food is presented buffet-style and you will never grow weary with the abundant selections!

I appreciated that the hotel provided a complimentary umbrella in the room as I visited during the tail-end of the rainy season. It was a very thoughtful and welcome gesture!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches
  • Written June 6, 2007

• akkipaa profile photo akkipaa
  • Reviews: 433

Peace Laguna Hotel: One of the best in the area

We spend there two weeks, exellent service, nice and friendly personnel, some of those were very helpful to us (for example one of them took us a couple of times to local markets and quided us to buy local spices).

Service prices higher than average, same with food in restaurang, but it was worth of every cent.

Every Saturday evening there is buffee dinner in hotel restaurang and some entertainment like magic and/or thai boxing. Look at the picture from restaurant pages, can you feel the taste of food?

I definately recommend this hotel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A