Chumphon Hotels

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 812

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nana Beach Hotel Thung Wua Laen Beach: Nana Beach Hotel Thung Wua Laen Beach

Nana Beach Hotel is about 16 kilometers north of Chumphon at Thung Wua Laen Beach. We looked at a couple of places to stay and Nana Beach Hotel looked very pretty with lovely gardens and grass areas opposite the beach and the pool villas were 1800baht with free breakfast and wifi.

The Pool Villas have a glimpse of the pool across grassed areas. Well this would end up being our worst night ever in Thailand! We also chose this hotel as reception said they had English channels on the television.

Our room seemed very nice with a huge bathroom plus an outside bathroom but the bed was an absolute shocker, we have probably slept in over 50 different hotels in Thailand and this bed was the worst, I had a look at the mattress and think it was high density foam but we have since been told it may have been a coconut husk mattress which is equal to cement.

We also could not find the English Channel so I went back to reception and the Dutch receptionist said we do not have it in the rooms but the television in reception has the English Channel!

Anyway after a terrible night of hardly any sleep we decided that after breakfast if they had mattress toppers we would stay a few days longer as the area was very nice. Well what can I say about breakfast, except that now we have had the worst breakfast in Thailand served by some very surly staff.

We are not fussy or picky customers and have stayed in some pretty strange places but this was bad so we decided to check out and move on elsewhere. Would be a fantastic place to stay if they changed the mattresses, put chairs in the room, sorted out the cold stale breakfast and employed people with customer service skills.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Photography, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written March 22, 2013

Nana Beach Hotel Thung Wua Laen Beach

• maffustan profile photo maffustan
  • Reviews: 50

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Suriwong Chumphon Hotel: Probably the worst hotel staff in Thailand

Stayed here for one night, room was clean but found several cockroches in bathroom. The young and poorly trained staff caused me the most problems. First I was asked 6 times (including a phone call to my room) when I was checking out. Despite telling them 11am each time. I came back from a walk at 9am to find a woman clearing the things out of my room. The posted checkout time it midday.

Finally I went to claim my key deposit and they refused to pay it because I didnt have the postage stamp sized receipt that came with it. It was probably taken when the woman went to clean my room.

Dont stay here.....Suda guesthouse round the corner is a lot better

• Written June 7, 2009

• jewelman profile photo jewelman
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

M. T. Resort: The Worst Place to Stay

This place is right next to the pier where you catch the boat to Ko Tao, literally next door. That is the only nice thing that I can say about this place. Small cramped rooms, getting old, grumpy staff.
They gave me a "seaview" room for B$1250. They advertised "Garden" rooms for B$950 but was told there were none available, sold out. Later that evening I looked out at the "Garden" view rooms to see that they were all pitch black and empty. The only rooms occupied were the 2 "Sea" view rooms.
Nothing was included in this price, except an unwanted wake up call at 6.30AM to see if I had used any items from the "mini-bar" a small smelly fridge with cokes and rusted cans of fruit. Truly a sad way to start the trip.

None

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written May 13, 2009

• sarahreynold profile photo sarahreynold
  • Reviews: 279

Paradorn Inn Hotel Chumphon: Budget Hotel Chumphon

Cheap air conditioned inn hotel in Chumphon form an overnight stop. Chumphon is the place for ferries to Koh Tao ( also Koh Phangan ) and is on the main highway for buses from and to Bangkok and also the train to Bangkok, also both train and buses heading south from Chumphon, so many need a budget but clean and comfortable Chumphon hotel for the night.

Simple, air conditioned, clean and friendly Chumphon budget hotel for an overnight stop.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Trains, Road Trip
  • Written January 26, 2008

Paradorn Hotel Chumpon Thailand

• sarahreynold profile photo sarahreynold
  • Reviews: 279

Jansom Chumphon Hotel: Chumphon Hotel

If you need a hotel for overnight in Chumphon the Janson Hotel Chumphon has a good location close to Chumphon shopping mall plus Internet cafe's, tour operator agents, cafes and restaurants. Central Chumphon location. This is an adequote air condfitioned high rise hotel in Chumphon. Do not expect luxury for B 700 a night ( about USD 22 ) including breakfast, but the location is good.

Good location in Chumphon, ideal Chumphon hotel for just a simple overnight stay if going to and from Koh Tao.

• Related to: Road Trip, Trains, Budget Travel
  • Written January 26, 2008

Jansom Chumphon Hotel

• Ivansight profile photo Ivansight
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

M.T.Resort: get away from crowd

I was recomended in mayazes resthouse to go to this resort and I may say that it is nice resort situated right on the beach. Its clean and cozy very good for romantic people

right on the beach free coffee free cayak & canue clean and romantic

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written December 8, 2007

• Ivansight profile photo Ivansight
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

mayazes resthouse: good backpacking place

well, I was delighted becose i got free coffie and water, free bicycle and the room was clean and comfortable very spacious for 280 bahat per night. I think they have rooms even for 200 baht. If you thake in consideration that coffie in other hotels or Ins is 40THB per cup, Its a great save to be here : )

Free coffee, free water, pleasant stuff, free bicycle for town, even if you are just passing thru they have a free shower. Internet is in the loby.

• Related to: National/State Park, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written December 8, 2007

room

• traceyspacey profile photo traceyspacey
  • Reviews: 460

Marokot Hotel: Surprising good in the outside

We were due to stay at Suda Guesthouse, but the person that had our room had been taken ill and stayed longer than planned. Chuphon Gardens Hotel was full, so we tried Marokot.

The hall area reminds you of a dentist's waiting room, don't let that put you off. We had a reasonable sized double room with a large bed. Air con, cable T.V (limited English speaking channels), fridge and attached bathroom with hot shower. The air con was a bit noisy so we turned off. The room has a large window taking up one wall of the room.

This cost 400B, same price as Suda Guesthouse. The staff have limited English.

If I were to stay in Chumphon again, I would still try Suda's first. This is a good second choice, just doesn't have the same personal touch as Suda's.

Good value for money Air con, cable TV, fridge and hot shower.

• Written November 3, 2007

• traceyspacey profile photo traceyspacey
  • Reviews: 460

Suda Guesthouse: Friendly and comfortable

We came across this place whilst looking for our hotel not far away. I didn't think of trying here at first as it is recommended to book ahead.

We had a very comfortable and clean room, 2 double beds with chairs and tables. The bathroom was decorated (rare at the price). With little touches like shower gel and shampoo. The owner is lovely and makes you feel very welcome. She knew that we were going to Ko Tao. She went through the ferry options and said that she could recommend somewhere to stay. We booked the ferry but said no to the acomodation. She was not pushy at all.

400B for the fan room. Air con available for extra cost. 250B for fan room with shared bathroom.

Very clean and comfortable. Friendly owner. Good location for train, bus, restaurants and bars.

• Written October 24, 2007

• maffustan profile photo maffustan
  • Reviews: 50

Suda Guest House: OK place to stay

Big but simple fan room only 250B. Hot clean showers friendly ond helpful owner who speaks very good english.

• Written June 27, 2006

Chuan Phun Lodge: Best Beach view hotel

Clean rooms with basic amenities like bath, tv and balcony overlooking the beach. Rates for double is THB 1000.(Jan 2006)

Fantastic view overlooking the beach

Chuan Phun Lodge

Clean Wave Resort: Beach Resorts

Less than a minute walk to beach...located at Thung Wau Laun beach with fine white sand. Its 14km from Chumphon city.

Chalets are clean with AC, bath, and TV. Rates starts from 800THB for double(Villa), for 3-4 person Villa at 1400THB and for 4-6 person villa(2rooms) at 2200THB.

Crystal Sea Water and on the south of the beach near the foot of Phobae Hill lies a diving spot with Reefs around with algae, sponges, marine flowers and various species of fish.

Villa for 2 person

Suriwong Chumphon Hotel: Budget

Clean, bath/shower, fridge and satelite TV...rates inclusive breakfast. Its located in the city very close to raliway station, banks, shops and bus station.

Jan 2006 rates:
Single : 260 Fan, 380 A/C
Double : 360 Fan, 480 A/C

• Related to: Budget Travel

Morakot Hotel

Clean and basic rooms with bath and satelite tv. Good if ure arriving this city early in the morning by train as it very close to the rail station. (abt 2 mins on bike). This hotel can be used to referesh bfr u move to beach areas which is 15-20km from the city.

Only complain abt the room was the bed & pillows which was very hard. For USD10/night for a double, what much can I say!

• Related to: Budget Travel