16/1 Moo 6, Klong Nin Beach, Ko Lanta, Thailand
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Ko Lanta

BOB INSIDE HIS BAR/RESTAURANT-Koh LantaBOB INSIDE HIS BAR/RESTAURANT-Koh Lanta

THE JUNGLE FROM INSIDE THE CAVE-Koh LantaTHE JUNGLE FROM INSIDE THE CAVE-Koh Lanta

Crystal clearCrystal clear

Leah, Phil, Anna. Jen, Kay & SharenLeah, Phil, Anna. Jen, Kay & Sharen

1st time to Ko Lanta

by beach_bum_wannabe

the Mrs. and I are planning a trip to Ko Lanta (and probably the surrounding islands) for two weeks - 2nd and 3rd week of december.

we're looking for a safe, quiet and cheap place as the base to go dive and snorkel and wander around from. my own research tells me that Prae Ae (Long Beach) is the way to go. is this correct?

will somebody please give us some tips on where to stay (names of accommodation place); and probably even other islands that we can jump off to after a couple of days at Lanta, and probably the ones after that too.

we're quiet people who loves the sea way too much than we can afford - both in terms of time and budget- therefore indications on the amount to be spent is highly anticipated and very much appreciated.

cheers!

Re: 1st time to Ko Lanta

by urungrat

Hi!
u can check accommodation at www.lantalanta.com, but compare to other island Lanta is quite expensive for me to stay. I went there last year.
And from Lanta u can buy ticket to other island via agency there either to Phi Phi island or a day trip to island nearby. You can negotiate for price down a bit. And the car to travel to other part of the island is quite expensive also.
But it's quite place so u may love it.

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

SOME NIGHTLIFE

by mamasan69

Even though I wasn't on Koh Lanta for very long, it seems that the nightlife is pretty good. I mean it is calm compared to the other islands I visited, but if you look around, a good time is easily found.
Up and down the main road are plenty of bars offering various "specials" to attract people passing by. For example, I don't know how many signs along the road for the Opium bar. Although the name intriged me I actually never got a chance to check it out, maybe next time. Other were offering anything from movies to free or cheap drinks, just for coming to visit.
****UPDATE****I saw the same bars on the street once again, went to a few of them, but still never got a chance to go into the Opium Bar....hehe.

ELEPHANT TREK

by mamasan69

After Kiki had to go back to Bangkok for work I decided to stay for a few extra days to finish my tattoo. During this extra time I went on an elephant trek with an English guy that we met up with. We booked it at the Lanta Sunny house for 900bht each and left around 12pm, came back about 4pm (don't know why they call it half day).
It started with a truck ride to the other side of the island and then after a short wait for our elephant, away we went. The afternoon began with a about a 1/2 hour trek into the jungle on back of the elephant, a quick stop for water and feeding our ride, and then a hike into the jungle without the elephant. The jungle "walk" lasted about an hour each way, we went to see a waterfall and the Tiger Cave. The walk toward the waterfall was a little delayed due to the fact that our guide had to rescue a wild dog that was caught in a rabbit trap. It felt good to see the dog set free, but it was kind of freaky after because it followed us almost to the falls. After a short visit to the falls we made our way back toward the cave and hung out for a bit. Once we were finished exploring the cave the return was just the opposite when we left, hour walk and then the rest on our elephant.
This was my second time going on an elephant trek, but this one was different then the one on Koh Chang. There was more walking involved with this one, but while on the elephant here the guide stayed on the ground and gave it voice commands, instead of sitting on it with us. Another difference was when we stopped there was a chance for us to feed the elephant, which was a funny experience for sure. I didn't realize that the trunk was so rough feeling and it kind of surprised us both when we felt it.
This was a great way to spend the afternoon, it provided us with a little excersise, a great view in the jungle, as well as a few good laughs along the way. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for this kind of excitement or enjoys the outdoors.

Comments