438 Moo 3, Long Beach, Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Beach wearBeach wear

high tide @ sanctuaryhigh tide @ sanctuary

Good days on lanta

by dearyn

Hi....have any of you lovely people stayed at Good Days resort ? ......please!
( if anyone has seen this posting by me elsewhere....now is your cue to groan with extreme boredom...if you haven't then your thoughts will be most gratefully received.......as I really believe noone has stayed here ever! I have very real visions of booking at this place surrounded by rolling tumbleweed and Clint to be in the next door bungalow....................actually, cool!)
anyway.......thanks for any input
cheers
D

RE: Good days on lanta

by brgoodwin2006

Hello, I stayed at Good days last Nov/Dec and was quite impressed. I stayed in one of the "new" beachfront bungalows (not Seapearl beachfront) they are only 1 1/2 years old, spacious, and nothing but green lawn between you and the beach. Only 30 steps to the pool also. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels but you have to request bedding to be changed daily if thats what you want.
Restaurant is so so, but there are many good ones within a short motor bike ride away. There are a couple bars within walking distance but dont get started till about 7pm.
You should have a great time there, I know I did and am going back in April!

Cheers and have a great trip.

Brian

p.s. some photos of Gooddays resort I took if interested http://travel.webshots.com/album/556525506NYMYIj

RE: RE: Good days on lanta

by dearyn

wow! ....cheers Brian, someone that's stayed there!!.....we may still be there some time in April also...would you say the older seapearl or superior bungalows are all a wee bit grotty to go for then!!
cheers mate
D

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

Vegetable springrolls, Tom kah kai & Ice coffee

by jenniferchin about a little shop on stilts over at the pier

I was wandering about Saladan and was getting hungry. At the same time, I was looking for a 2nd hand bookshop find some books. After deciding on Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I saw that there was a restaurant inside the bookshop, which overlooks the pier.

It was a very quaint shop and I had a great exeprience having a wonderful delicious lunch. My lunch here was 125 Bhat.

Lovely & Serene West Coast Island

by Durfun

"Getting there.."

I didn't want to waste daylight, plus wanted to cover ground (to claim I've travelled right through Malaysia & Thailand), so we decided to travel by road.

From KL we took the comfortable night coach from right in front of our hotel (very handy). At dawn we reached the Thai border to complete the immigration formalities, boarded the bus again & continued till we reached our destination, Hat Yai.

"From Hat Yai to Trang.."

This 2nd leg involved buying tickets from an agent in Hat Yai for Koh Lanta. This is the place I settled on after weighing out various factors.

So, we travelled by a private mini-van to Trang. Here we were received by another associated travel agent.

"Reaching Koh Lanta !"

I chose my resort at the agents, got some FX & after an hour's break we set off then by another mini-van to Koh Lanta, crossing the waterways twice via ferries.

From the North Pier it was a straight drive through this long & narrow island to our little resort - Green Garden.

Lovely location, family-run, nice & cosy bungalows, and a good stretch of beach.

Comments