18 Moo 3, Klong Dao Beach, Saladan, Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Ko Lanta

SaladanSaladan

ANOTHER VIEW-Koh LantaANOTHER VIEW-Koh Lanta

Mozzies breeding groundMozzies breeding ground

OpiumOpium

from krabi airport to ko lanta

by judyme

4 adults traveling to ko lanta via krabi airport the 1st week of April, 2007. Our flight arrives in the afternoon at around 230pm. Need to know the best way to get to ko lanta. Are there private transports available at the airport that are fairly reasonable??? We are also concerned about catching our flight back to Bangkok on a Friday. We were thinking of going with a local travel agency for our transport back to the airport but a little concerned about delays at the ferry. We have to be at the airport no later than 11am on our flight back to Bangkok. Can anyone give us any suggestions.

RE: from krabi airport to ko lanta

by ultimateangling

I have been looking into this for myself. We arrive into Krabi on 1st April in the late morning. Either you can get a public minibus for 250 - 300bht each (including the ferry crossings) and it takes 2.5hrs from the airport to the island. Bear in mind these may be busy / overcrowded. The other option is go by private minibus or car transfer. If you look around you can get these for about 1500 to 2500 if you negotiate, depending whether you need a car or minibus to get you all there. If you type in google 'krabi ko lanta transfer' you will get a few options. We will probably just turn up at the airport and negotiate a deal but if you want to be sure and are going the private transfer method you may need to book in advance. Coming back if you want to be sure of getting your flight book a private transfer and ensure they leave an extra hour for bad traffic or busy ferries.

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

Try their Green Curry

by edachsund about Smile Bar

The place right infront of the ocean. I am very luckt to bump into this place though as the price is reasonable compare to others and the food is marvellous as no doubt I keep going to the place to have our lunch and dinner.
Mona, the owner is friendly also the other staffs. They give you good services. Sweet Sour mix vegetables with squid and shrimp and the cashew nut. ermm yummy! and the green curry is marvellous.

Ko Lanta

by elmasri

"Well..."

... as I had said before not too pleased with Ko Samui I travelled by boat and mini van to Ko Lanta (via Krabi) to see if being a smaller island it would appeal to me. Well yes and no.

The boat trip was ok and the scenery on the way to Krabi was rather nice but again as we approached the city surrounds the lack of care and attention starts to show again.

Ko Lanta was very dirty everywhere, like Ko Samui lots of buildings in construction and everything seems unfinished. Shame as the potential is enormous but to be honest I would not consider returning there.

"The resort... resort?_!!!!"

well what should I say... We arrived and all the guys were playing football on the beach so no one showed us to our room. When we got in we saw the bed messed up as if someone had been napping there earlier, an empty glass or orange juice was on the desk from which a trail of ants crossed the room, and wait... the bathroom had just been redecorated but the grind of the floor tiles had not been taken out or the floor cleaned, worse was that neither the bath nor the toilet bowl itself had been cleaned, shame... Of course we complained and they send someone to clean the bathroom but she only cleaned the floor with whater, the bath and the toilet she did not touch... I came down to arrange for our departure as soon as possible but it was too late for that day, so we were given another room, better view and slightly cleaner (I found a hair clip in the shower...) I gave up and left the next day.

"Lanta Marine Park View Resort"

I have to admit all these places I've been have a lot of potential. This resort, so they call it, has the potential to be a real luxury hideway but with such low standards it will be impossible. The bungallows are tastefully placed amongst the trees and vegetation and one feels like Jane waiting for Tarzan but the attitude towards hygiene, presentation and maintenance leaves a lot to the imagination. Why use bright blue water pipes when they could use green ones which would not be seen amongst the vegetation? Why did the rubbish bins around the resort were not cleared daily?

Comments