Lanta Palace Resort

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 22% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

More about Lanta Palace Resort

the bar/beach, view from bungalowthe bar/beach, view from bungalow

Car ferry ArrivingCar ferry Arriving

Ko RokKo Rok

Ferry crossingFerry crossing

Bungalows on Ko Lanta

by Ania23

HI evereyone
I will be in Ko Lanta for xmas and am looking for a bungalow. Im alone, so a cheap and nice cute one is best. Its my bday and want to treat myself. However, I am still on a tight budget, and all the ones listed on the web are super expensive. Im thinking like 15-20US$ a night.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, has anyone out there heard about the Sea Gypsie Xmas Party on Ko Lanta? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ania

Re: Bungalows on Ko Lanta

by shane_02

You can try Lanta Palace Resort. I paid 600baht in July this year. Maybe now will be around 1000-1500baht.

The rooms are good and facing the swimming pool as coincidentally its also directly facing the sea.

I have been searching for hotels and while stopping at a local road side stall to buy food, one of the locals brought me there.

worth trying !!! if u need contact, ask me.

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

Nice local food over at Ko Jum

by jenniferchin about Jira Restaurant @ New Bungalows, Ko Jum

Lovely lovely simple local food .. the best I have tasted on my this trip to Thailand :-)

This is Fried rice with Chicken, Stir fry Morning glory (yummmmyyy !!) and Ice coffee .. all for less than 150 Bhat.

"SURVIVAL TOUR" 2004-2007-KOH LANTA

by mamasan69

"WHAT I DID WHILE HERE ON MY 1ST"

From Koh Phi Phi we arrived in Koh Lanta, by ferry. We were offered a place to stay right away and it didn't seem to bad, so away we went for it. We stayed for 4 days in Koh Lanta total and did quite a few things during our stay. Keep in mind this was getting near the end of my stay so we kept it under control...........ya right.

For the first day we hung out at the beach and our room mostly. That night we ate and watched a movie at the place we were staying. This was probably the first night we actually took it easy in the trip at this point. The next day we spent on the beach again, as the water in Koh Lanta seemed warmer than Phi Phi and it was nice and calm. That night we walked a little down the road, and spotted the place where we got some tattoos later that night(see tips). It was called Bamboo Tattoo and it has a tattoo shop on one side and a bar on the other. After getting to know the owners, as they also did our tattoos, we spent lots of time here over the next two days. The brothers that run both places also do a couple of fire shows on the street at night. They put on a great show and treated us to a very good time while we were there.

I didn't see many sites this time around except for the beach. If you collect shells there are many to choose from, as they wash up constantly.

"SECOND VISIT-FEBRUARY 2005"

It took me a year to make my second trip to Koh lanta, but it was worth the wait, I had a blast. I stayed for about 10 days this time and mostly just relaxed in the sun, during the day, and partied at night.

I met up with the same guys from Bamboo Tattoo as before, and had a great time with them during my stay. I got another tattoo from them and did plenty of squid fishing as well. At night we would all go out and party at a couple of local bars until the wee hours of the morning.

THIRD TRIP AFTER OVER 1 YEAR-APR/2006

As the title suggests it took me over a year to return to Koh Lanta. I missed out coming back here last september and I really wanted to come back this time. The main part of this trip was that I travelled here with my GF Kiki, and stayed here over the Thai New Year.
After staying in Krabi overnight we caught the boat here and managed to find everything just as I remembered it from before. Once we arrived at the pier we grabbed a taxi and he took us to the Lanta Sunny House. The place had changed quite a bit from my last stay, but we had no problem getting a room, so it worked out fine. They expanded with more rooms and everything was so green compared to my first two trips.
We spent a week relaxing on the beach or our room during the day, and at night we would head out and eat/drink down the street. Part of the daily ritual was to head down the beach near dusk, sit at another resort area (The Nautilus) and watch the sunset (see traveloge for pics). I also got another tattoo which also seems to be a ritual for me when I come here...haha. We went to see the Thai boxing one night but it wasn't as good as the one I saw by myself a week later, some of the matches were just "show".
Kiki and I spent a week together here before she had to go back to work, but I decided to stay for a few extra days before I left. During this time I went on a jungle trek and hung out with two English guys that we met.
As usual I had a great time here and enjoyed it very much, but it was even better bringing Kiki because she has never seen it before. I'm sure I will be back again to see all my friends, I just hope it dosen't take me as long to go next time.

"RETURN FOR A FOURTH TIME-Feb 2007"

I returned to this island for a fourth visit by myself this time. To start this trip I once again flew down to Krabi and stayed overnight. Kiki had to work so I came down here for only a short 4 day stay. I mainly came down to visit my friends here and also get my first tattoo added to. The main difference from the begining was how busy everything was compared to my other trips down south. I left Krabi like I normally would, but all the way on the ferry I kept hearing how hard it was to find a room. This of course was starting to worry me as I didn't book anything ahead of time. I rushed off the boat wanting to get one of the first taxis away from the pier, and to my surprise I saw one of the owners of the Lanta Sunny House. After a quick hello she told me she only had one room left, so I took it.
After a shower to cool off I went to see my tattoo friends to start what turned out to be 3 days of tattooing. I got some touch up work done on the first couple days and got a new one just before I left. It kind of cut into my beach time but I was happy with the results.
During my time at the Sunny house I met a few groups of tourists and partied with a German couple most nights. I took them over to Bobs Bar and had a great time visiting with them and Bob once again. His bar has changed a little because he added more tables and color since I was here last (see tips). On one night Bob invited me to go with him and his wife to a festival and party with his friends that were working it. We ended up getting back to his Bar around 5:30am, and I had a fun time meeting all of his friends that night.
This was a fast paced trip for me this visit, but I managed to see many of the people I normally do and also enjoyed my days between the tattoo shop and the beach. I got really lucky this time with how busy things were, but I can't wait to travel back again. Maybe next time however I can take Kiki with me, because many of the people I saw were asking about her (mostly Bob haha).

Comments