90/4 Moo 2, Saladan, Koh Lanta (Lanta Island), Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Booking.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

My 3 nights of bliss on Ko Lanta

A basic guesthouse, not too far from the madding crowd yet very quiet at night. One can get everything you need ie transportation tickets, excusions, internet here as in all the bungalow operators.

Unique Quality: My little bamboo hut had a comfortable double bed equipped with mosquito netting, a wall fan and an attached bathroom and shower.

On the outside it had a little balcony with a nice chair. You can even hang your own hammock there.

Directions: Exact location is on Baan Phru Klom beach, between Ao Phra-Ae (Long beach) and Hat Khlong Khoang.

More about Ko Lanta

Looking out from the restaurantLooking out from the restaurant

JEFF AND OUR DRINKS-Koh LantaJEFF AND OUR DRINKS-Koh Lanta

Food vendor at ferry crossingFood vendor at ferry crossing

View form the TOPView form the TOP

Ko Lanta or Ko Phi Phi in July

by slyons81

Have a busy trip planned and want a few days on a beach with my girlfriend, preferably bungalow, with out being hassled too much by hawkers, and tourist (though I am of them). I guess I'm looking for a quiet paradise with some conveniences. Does anyone know of a good place on these islands that fits this? Or if you have any opinions on which island you prefer please let me know.

Not to be rude but please don't include alternative third option, I'm having enough trouble as is. As always thanks, you guys have bee a huge help.

by brotherleelove

Koh Lanta was great. Not anywhere as trendy/busy as Phi Phi. And if you want something even less crowded you can hire someone with a boat on Koh Lanta to take you to Koh Ngai (Koh Hai) which is in my opinion one of the most beautiful and most unspoiled islands in the Andaman Sea. For example, check out the Fantasy Resort. The views from the sugar-white sand beach out to the karsts in the sea are unforgettable.

by Greggor58

Similar response to the previous poster....Ive just come from Koh Lanta...and passed through Phi Phi transiting...so I cant really speak about it...both are different as are most of the islands..
I did stay on Lanta for two or three nights...and it was really mellow..and the beaches I explored were all amazing..unfortunately the property I stayed at I would NOT recommend...we rented motorbikes and ckecked out a lot of the island..
We stayed at a place along Klong Khong...close to a Mosque..and liked the way my day started....with morning Prayer Calls...really added to the experience and mystery of the place..
I would return..and stay next time on the South end of the Island....the beaches there looked better..
Enjoy your time there wherever you end up!

by dakgrl

I spent some time at both. Def. prefered Ko Lanta- esp. for what you're looking for. Very quiet, not crowded, relaxed. Where I was on Klong Khong Beach- was very rocky. Bad at low tide, but others are better.

by Doffcocker

Hi,

I would normally recommend Lanta as I live there 4 months of the year, but you should be aware of how quiet it will be and how many things will be closed in July, see my response to the post below yours in the forum

by slyons81

I hope you guys aren't going to start charging me.
As always, thanks, great info.

by SfumatoPants

Without a doubt - Koh Jum. http://www.kohjumonline.com/

Lanta is alright, and Phi Phi is a disaster.

If you want to enjoy time alone with your girlfriend tghen there is no better place than Koh Jum. At midday you are lucky to cross another human being on the beach. Jum is just a little north of Lanta. You have to fly into Krabi, take a van/taxi to a local pier (.5 hour drive) and then a boat to the island (.75 hour).

I stayed at Koh Jum Villas (the best vacation I've ever had), but looking around I would also recommend Andaman Beach Resort, and USA beach resort was kind of neat looking.

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

ITEMS TO BRING?

by mamasan69

Light, easy to manage luggage or back pack. I saw this woman checking out of her room with her boyfriend, and she had a bag big enough to hold half a household. Needless to say her boyfriend didn't look too impressed about carrying it. Light clothing, shoes if you want them but I would suggest something cooler. A little medical kit always can come in handy, because you never know. Digital or video camera for all the beach/scenery photos. Sunglasses for sure and sunscreen is a must. Beacause of the periodic power outages, maybe some batteries might want to be taken. Especially people with cell phones, compters ect. *****REMEMBER YOU WILL NEED AN ADAPTER TO CONVERT TO 120 VOLT.*****

MORE TATTOOS

by mamasan69

This is the sign at Bamboo Tattoo describing what the benefits of getting a traditional style tattoo are.
The person getting the tattoo done in the shop was me, not that you can see me because I'm lying down.
After getting a tattoo with the gun(machine) and now the traditional way, the sign is very accurate and truthful. I will try it again on one of my next trips to Koh Lanta for sure.

Comments